2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bill Simmons is saying don’t be surprised if Lebron and Draymond end up in Dallas next year
Interesting. But unless they are signing for the vet min, Kyrie will be gone then.

I actually think Draymond would help them more than Lebron the way Luka dominates the ball.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bill Simmons is saying don’t be surprised if Lebron and Draymond end up in Dallas next year
Simmons responded on Twitter to that NBA Central post and said it wasn’t true. But yeah he says some off the wall stuff every now and again.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting. But unless they are signing for the vet min, Kyrie will be gone then.

I actually think Draymond would help them more than Lebron the way Luka dominates the ball.

I think Kyrie is a Suns player next year along with our new head coach Jason Kidd

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kyrie is a Suns player next year along with our new head coach Jason Kidd

You’re nuts. There is no chance Kidd works for this franchise again.

Kyrie might happen though… I’d be completely disgusted, but I can see the possibility. It would cost us Ayton

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kyrie might happen though… I’d be completely disgusted, but I can see the possibility. It would cost us Ayton

He’s a free agent I think he just takes Paul’s money.

CP3 is good as gone IMO

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I'm split down the middle on Kyrie I really want him, but there's no way I want him.
Thinking about it makes me really happy and pissed off.

Anyway I just stopped by to say LMAO Dallas
and HELL no to Kidd as Coach :p

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

CP3 is good as gone IMO
Kyrie for as talented as he is….and he might have the most complete offensive bag of anyone in the league…he’s a headcase.

Do I truly think he’s anti-Semitic…no. However, it feels like Kyrie wants to be a martyr but no one knows what he’s dying for. He tries to be too deep and then doesn’t expand upon his thoughts.

P.S. If anyone on this board is Jewish, I’m by no means defending the post he put out, just that idk if Kyrie really believes everything from that documentary.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

CP3 is good as gone IMO

We can't just give Paul's money to Kyrie. Only way we can get Kyrie is a sign and trade and Ayton is the only moveable asset on the roster.

I also doubt that Durant ever... ever... wants Kyrie as a teammate again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't just give Paul's money to Kyrie. Only way we can get Kyrie is a sign and trade and Ayton is the only moveable asset on the roster.

Not that I would do it, but could the Suns trade Paul and Shamet for Kyrie?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well from reports they both wanted to come to the Suns together. I think fans want players to hate eachother more than players do

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draymond is washed

People around here have said CP3 is "washed". And see what he did last night?

Maybe on Draymond, but he sure can give you 15 minutes a night, maybe more in the playoffs, getting the other team pissed off, getting in their heads, and racking rebounds and good D along the way.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well from reports they both wanted to come to the Suns together. I think fans want players to hate eachother more than players do

I am not saying he hates him, he can still like him as a person and be aware that Kyrie is not reliable.

And, again, the only way we could get Kyrie on the roster is to give Dallas Ayton in a sign and trade. It would be idiotic.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that I would do it, but could the Suns trade Paul and Shamet for Kyrie?

They could, but why would Dallas do that?

The Mavs would be better off losing Kyrie for nothing and gaining the cap space.

They've wasted an insane amount of money on bad players. Their cap situation is a joke. They owe McGee 14 million, he doesn't even see the court, would probably get a minimum contract as a free agent... and he is probably only their 3rd worst contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone like FVV might be a safer bet. There's no doubt that Kyrie is a beast and on paper it would look good.
But Dallas thought the same thing.

I'd be fine with VanVleet but the Suns really don't have any assets. 1st round picks, to sweeten the deal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could, but why would Dallas do that?

The Mavs would be better off losing Kyrie for nothing and gaining the cap space.

They've wasted an insane amount of money on bad players. Their cap situation is a joke. They owe McGee 14 million, he doesn't even see the court, would probably get a minimum contract as a free agent... and he is probably only their 3rd worst contract.

As I just mentioned on trading for VanVleet, why would the Mavericks do it. That's why I put the question mark.

The salaries worked. That is about it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People around here have said CP3 is "washed". And see what he did last night?

Maybe on Draymond, but he sure can give you 15 minutes a night, maybe more in the playoffs, getting the other team pissed off, getting in their heads, and racking rebounds and good D along the way.

CP3 is indeed washed.

I just laugh at these post every time he has a good game it’s like see he’s not washed but these “good games” were his average games two years ago

He had 19/6 on 7/15 shooting and 1/5 from 3, that’s not even an average CP3 game from his prime now

His clutch stats suggest he’s damn near unplayable late in close games. Yes he’s washed

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 is indeed washed.

I just laugh at these post every time he has a good game it’s like see he’s not washed but these “good games” were his average games two years ago

He had 19/6 on 7/15 shooting and 1/5 from 3, that’s not even an average CP3 game from his prime now

His clutch stats suggest he’s damn near unplayable late in close games. Yes he’s washed

We know Paul's career stats will decline with age, but I don't see a "washed" player on the court.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We know Paul's career stats will decline with age, but I don't see a "washed" player on the court.

I honestly don’t know what it’s gonna take. He’s unplayable in close games. He can’t even beat a full court press anymore but hey the heart wants what the heart wants

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t know what it’s gonna take. He’s unplayable in close games. He can’t even beat a full court press anymore but hey the heart wants what the heart wants

Is this the same Chris Paul that is averaging almost 14 points and 9 assists this season?

Did you see Paul's Alley Oop pass to Ayton late in the Timberwolves game last night?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose