2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I hope there is no smoke to the Kyrie nonsense.

That guy is absolute cancer. Let the Lakers have him.

Luka looks like he wants to off himself. They screwed up their roster soooooo bad over the last year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He is going to demand out within the next year and a half.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He is going to demand out within the next year and a half.
The Mavs shot their load early with the Kyrie trade. They weren’t winning anything with or w/o him so they might as well saved the assets until their future picks became tradeable after the Porzingis pick conveys. B/c they included their 29’ pick in the Irving deal their assets are frozen.

Ya hate to see it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavs shot their load early with the Kyrie trade. They weren’t winning anything with or w/o him so they might as well saved the assets until their future picks became tradeable after the Porzingis pick conveys. B/c they included their 29’ pick in the Irving deal their assets are frozen.

Ya hate to see it.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever watched the mess the Nets created with their blend of superstars.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever watched the mess the Nets created with their blend of superstars.
The Nets were the clear favorites to win it all two years ago before Harden/Kyrie got injured. They smashed the Celtics then KD nearly beat the Bucks with Blake Griffin as his second leading scorer that series. Then Kyrie went crazy on a bunch of issues and Harden wanted out leading to a total meltdown. They should’ve known Kyrie was a weirdo but I don’t think anyone knew the levels he’d reach in Brooklyn.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least we are not the Mavs... they're healthy and tumbling out of the playoffs, 6-12 since trading for Kyrie. Just fell to 11th place after losing to the putrid Hornets.
This was predictable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I hope there is no smoke to the Kyrie nonsense.

That guy is absolute cancer. Let the Lakers have him.

Luka looks like he wants to off himself. They screwed up their roster soooooo bad over the last year.
The only way I’d even tolerate Kyrie on this team is if he watches 21 Jump Street and converts to Judaism.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm pretty much 90% sure Kyrie will end up in L.A. Probably with the Lakers, but if not there, with the Clippers. Maybe a 10% chance he ends up back in Dallas.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LeBum such a drama queen. First he’s out and news is worse than expected. Out for longer than anticipated.

Now he could return today? I seriously hope he does because they’re worse with him. He did this same stunt last year I think.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBum such a drama queen. First he’s out and news is worse than expected. Out for longer than anticipated.

Now he could return today? I seriously hope he does because they’re worse with him. He did this same stunt last year I think.

Its pretty obvious he wanted an excuse for the Lakers missing the playoffs. Now that they have a shot at sneaking in, he can play the role of savior. Dude's ego is larger than his skillset.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Dallas just lost AGAIN to Charlotte. The Kyrie trade wasn’t Gobert-level bad but it’s getting there.
Luka and Kyrie are two of the most talented players in the league that happen to be terrible human beings

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Luka and Kyrie are two of the most talented players in the league that happen to be terrible human beings
I get the Kyrie perspective here, but why is Luka a terrible human being? I find him mildly irritating at times, but I can't remember seeing anything that indicates he is a low class person in general.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka is a mental pee wee. Not only is he the biggest cry baby in the league but you have to know your situation with technical and the impact missing a game can have on your team making the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s actually great. No one respects LeBum in this league.

I thought it was a tasteless move by Patrick Beverley.