Today’s Thought - Hopkins

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Hop is going to be 31. He’s trying to max out his money haul, win a SB, and pave his way to the HOF. That’s not happening in AZ. There’s no middle ground available between him and the Cardinals that will satisfy his needs at this stage in his career. Time for both parties to move on. This is going to happen. The only question is when.
Yeah, I just wanted to say it "out loud". I guess 3-14 with him, 3-14 without him....IF we can muster three wins.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I just wanted to say it "out loud". I guess 3-14 with him, 3-14 without him....IF we can muster three wins.
We’ll muster wins. Somehow, someway. A high school roster with Gannon will outplay a professional roster with Kingsbury. A team takes on the personality of their coach, so we were doomed from day 1 with Kingsbury even though he had 3x as much talent as Gannon will have in 2023. I’ll take Gannon with less talent than Kingsbury with more talent every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
We’ll muster wins. Somehow, someway. A high school roster with Gannon will outplay a professional roster with Kingsbury. A team takes on the personality of their coach, so we were doomed from day 1 with Kingsbury even though he had 3x as much talent as Gannon will have in 2023. I’ll take Gannon with less talent than Kingsbury with more talent every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Yup! We play a 4th place schedule. By the end of the season with Kyler we'll see if there is hope for 2024.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This board is historically full of hot takes and bad takes. There's nothing to even judge yet to render a take, yet here we are...
See this is straight gaslighting.

We have made signings.

We have lost some of our own free agents.

We have seen desirable players sign with other teams.

Oh yeah, nothing to judge yet . . . in what universe is this a remotely true statement? I guess one in which only absolutes exist and you can only discuss a roster once it’s fully cemented for a season . . . which is literally never.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
See this is straight gaslighting.

We have made signings.

We have lost some of our own free agents.

We have seen desirable players sign with other teams.

Oh yeah, nothing to judge yet . . . in what universe is this a remotely true statement? I guess one in which only absolutes exist and you can only discuss a roster once it’s fully cemented for a season . . . which is literally never.
Front office hasn't even been in the draft room together and a many of you want to make sweeping generalizations on how ****** they are at their job and their garbage plan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front office hasn't even been in the draft room together and a many of you want to make sweeping generalizations on how ****** they are at their job and their garbage plan.
So you’re advocating to shut the board down until the draft?

Reaction score
Okay, at this point you have to be deliberately lying to insult people. Folks have repeated themselves dozens of times to assert that they are fine with the pain of a lousy 2023 because they know it has to be done. Just because they don't like how the team is doing it doesn't mean they are whining about "getting what they asked for." Stop trying (sadly) to deliberately misrepresent what people are saying. Just because they disagree with how the team's approach is being handled--and just because we disagree with you, specifically, doesn't mean you get to just make up a bunch of crap about folks.

Speak to your own opinion, @BritCard. Don't lie about ours.
Maybe they should put every move to a fan vote to make sure they are appeasing the most fans as possible? Either that or let the ones that were just hired to do the job do their job.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nope. I don't have a problem cracking jokes, but the people who are outraged by what they are seeing from this front office is comical. Classic ASFN.
I'm not seeing blocked content, but this is classic ASFN for this time of the year. Same posters venting furiously to the annoyance of probably 60% of the rest of the forum.

Hell I think this is a dumpster fire so far, but it's not constructive to whine on here and it's more engaging to discuss what happens next.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not seeing blocked content, but this is classic ASFN for this time of the year. Same posters venting furiously to the annoyance of probably 60% of the rest of the forum.

Hell I think this is a dumpster fire so far, but it's not constructive to whine on here and it's more engaging to discuss what happens next.
I don’t have you on ignore but I don’t see the threads you’re starting to have these constructive conversations either.

I do see a lot of threads of you dropping in wishcasting the Cards 2023 free agents and then yelling at posters who are mad that the team doesn’t care if it puts a 2021-2023 Houston Texans quality product on the field.

When you actually agree that this offseason has been bad so far!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t have you on ignore but I don’t see the threads you’re starting to have these constructive conversations either.

I do see a lot of threads of you dropping in wishcasting the Cards 2023 free agents and then yelling at posters who are mad that the team doesn’t care if it puts a 2021-2023 Houston Texans quality product on the field.

When you actually agree that this offseason has been bad so far!
Same as he does every year. I swear, the only reaction he would approve to us stinking and making bad moves would be to sit here behind our keyboards and be content with it lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I actually haven’t made a single comment that’s about the front office or coaching staff in a generalized manner. I’ve only commented on individual signings and lost players or missed opportunities. I’ve said I’m willing to give all the newcomers the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn’t mean I can’t, and don’t, have an opinion on each individual (in)action. I think that’s what many of you critics of posters are failing to recognize . . . it is possible to analyze each factor without it being a trashing of everyone. But for some posters if you are critical of anything you are “raging” right now . . . it’s frankly ridiculous.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It’s funny because the only whining I really see is the whining by posters about negativity of other posters. Yeah some posters are negative about your self/described “dumpster fire,” shouldn’t they be? And making jokes bout it or analyze it from a football perspective isn’t “whining,” except when certain posters disagree with it. It’s the same as it’s ever been. Most realistic posters recognize the negatives and they’re constantly attacked for it. I could see it being called out if we were patriots fans, but we aren’t. We are cardinals fans. In other words, the negativity is typically well-earned and RIGHT.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It’s funny because the only whining I really see is the whining by posters about negativity of other posters. Yeah some posters are negative about your self/described “dumpster fire,” shouldn’t they be? And making jokes bout it or analyze it from a football perspective isn’t “whining,” except when certain posters disagree with it. It’s the same as it’s ever been. Most realistic posters recognize the negatives and they’re constantly attacked for it. I could see it being called out if we were patriots fans, but we aren’t. We are cardinals fans. In other words, the negativity is typically well-earned and RIGHT.

this seams to be what most are hoping for. to be right.
but there is picking low hanging fruit...then there is picking the fruit up off the ground.
let me try it...

The Arizona Cardinals are gonna suck in 2023, and no way in hell do they win a super bowl any time in the next 10 years...AT ALL!!!

Bet ya I will be right.set a reminder...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
this seams to be what most are hoping for. to be right.
but there is picking low hanging fruit...then there is picking the fruit up off the ground.
let me try it...

The Arizona Cardinals are gonna suck in 2023, and no way in hell do they win a super bowl any time in the next 10 years...AT ALL!!!

Bet ya I will be right.set a reminder...
Well, except that’s not at all how the realists express their opinions of the individuals moves made by the organization or the players, or actual plays or games. But yeah, you’re going to be right. Let’s remember, it’s typically the koolaiders crowing with their rare told-ya-so’s but never own up to their inaccuracies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose