Vikings Sign Byron Murphy

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nothing should be compared to anything in "real life" other than fun discussion. It only matters what the Cardinals are doing in relation to the competition. If you want the Cardinals to be a winner, they certainly need every edge they can when bringing in talent.

Since top athletes are not like any other workers, I don't care that they are millionaires because billionaires pay them and they are the reason people watch them in the first place. We want the Cardinals to win right? There's no reason to shill for the for Bidwills (or any other billionaire) since there is clearly a trend with this family.

If they had the equivalent of middle school locker rooms and offered only grilled cheese sandwiches, are you going to say they should shut up cause they are paid millions? This s**t should be tip top state of the art for whatever they are doing. No excuses.

Cardinals can't match up to the competition in any way. What top talent even comes here? Any that aren't on the backend of their career or using us for a bigger payday? No. Cardinals are a feeder team and retirement home wrapped into one and it's not by accident.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing should be compared to anything in "real life" other than fun discussion. It only matters what the Cardinals are doing in relation to the competition. If you want the Cardinals to be a winner, they certainly need every edge they can when bringing in talent.

Since top athletes are not like any other workers, I don't care that they are millionaires because billionaires pay them and they are the reason people watch them in the first place. We want the Cardinals to win right? There's no reason to shill for the for Bidwills since there is clearly a trend with this family.

If they had the equivalent of middle school locker rooms and offered only grilled cheese sandwiches, are you going to say they should shut up cause they are paid millions? This s**t should be tip top state of the art for whatever they are doing. No excuses.

Cardinals can't match up to the competition in any way. What top talent even comes here? Any that aren't on the backend of their career or using us for a bigger payday? No. Cardinals are a feeder team and retirement home wrapped into one.
Ehhh Chandler Jones re upped here, Budda, Larry Fitz repeatedly. In the end all that matters is the contract. Not saying I dont think their stuff should be tip top. It should. Absolutely 100% but in the end $$$ talks and high end payers will come here and stay here if the $$$ is right.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ehhh Chandler Jones re upped here, Budda, Larry Fitz repeatedly. In the end all that matters is the contract. Not saying I dont think their stuff should be tip top. It should. Absolutely 100% but in the end $$$ talks and high end payers will come here and stay here if the $$$ is right.
It's much easier to re-sign. We got a couple of those, cool. And Fitz is quite the exception.

None of those were FA's from other teams. We have to overpay to keep them here.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Absolutely not a choice to provide for your family.
Deliberately obtuse.

It is exactly a choice in how you do it.
If long term physical damage is a concern for these guys they can choose to sell insurance. They can choose to sell cars. They can choose to manage a Dollar General.

But the FACT is, they choose to play football.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deliberately obtuse.

It is exactly a choice in how you do it.
If long term physical damage is a concern for these guys they can choose to sell insurance. They can choose to sell cars. They can choose to manage a Dollar General.

But the FACT is, they choose to play football.
Yeah, no. This is my opinion, so don't be a dick and try and insult me because I look at family different than you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah, no. This is my opinion, so don't be a dick and try and insult me because I look at family different than you.
Was i being a penis?

If your opinion is, their only choice is to play football or their kids are gonna starve...well then your opinion is just wrong.
I was a roughneck. I watched men die to feed their families. We knew it was dangerous. We also knew it paid more than most other jobs we were qualified for. Taking that risk was a choice...so we could provide extra...so my son could have 10 pairs of Jordans... but it was still a choice. Just like its a choice for a pro athlete.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was i being a penis?

If your opinion is, their only choice is to play football or their kids are gonna starve...well then your opinion is just wrong.
I was a roughneck. I watched men die to feed their families. We knew it was dangerous. We also knew it paid more than most other jobs we were qualified for. Taking that risk was a choice...so we could provide extra...so my son could have 10 pairs of Jordans... but it was still a choice. Just like its a choice for a pro athlete.
You are a dick quite often, which is why you continually get banned.

And I individually chose to join the military and served with some that it wasn't a choice because it was there only way out and they wanted to provide for their family. Two I was very close to died in Afghanistan and didn't regret it because their family was now taken care of. As PFC June Park once said to me, "this was something I had to do to give him son a future."

Again, it's my opinion and you have yours. Neither are wrong because they are personal to use. To tell me my opinion is wrong is way off. You don't have to agree with it, but it's mine.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
FYI: According to QS rankings, which are considered definitive in academic circles, U of Texas, Austin ranked #72 going into the 2022/23 school year.
FYI I was going off 'THE', Times Higher Education which is also well respected, but I was going off a past year and currently am wrong since UT has dropped to 50th for 2023 on their ranking, but still high enough to make my point... but even to further my point, when he was teaching, they were ranked in the 30s :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why because unlike you we don’t feel that these guys should automatically just have a life paved in gold at every turn? Lol…. They are payed and rewarded handsomely for what they do. No question not even arguable. Should we be feeling sorry for them?
You joke, but knowing what you are & what you used to do, this reply is the most on-brand reply from you, ever.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. This is all going off the rails. The player was asked a question. Does anyone really think he's going to take the time to correct a reporter, or complain about a previous situation? That would have been foolish. He's going to make a joke about it, answer it with a sense of humor and hope to god the reporter moves on and asks relevant questions about football.

The lengths everyone on this board goes to (not just you, Ouchie, just your post I decided to reply to) to take statements and interpret them to fit their own narrative is astounding. All to win an internet fight on a football board.

Imagine spending several moments of your day, every day, taking pot shots at some guy across the Atlantic trying to convince him that his opinions on football are wrong.... imagine.
Nah. Pretty simple. He challenged people to find a quote from a player referencing an organization’s amenities and voila, here one is. Is what it is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah @Brian in Mesa and @BritCard I see what you're both saying, and you're both right to an extent, the actual dollars involved are trivial.

But that's not the point.

The point is a basic component of employee happiness, which is, "Do I feel appreciated?", and this analysis is done by the employee to some degree in reference to how other similar employers treat their employees.

If you're a player for the Cardinals, and the Cardinals don't treat you as well as all of the other teams in the NFL, would that affect how much you feel appreciated by the Cardinals? :)
For some reason many fans don’t see players as employees. They are. They still go to work. And they compare their workplace with other nfl teams in terms of workplace environment. All employees do so in all industries. It’s normal.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely have no desire to know the guy in person lol
I'll vouch for Shane. He and I may not always agree, but I've ever had an encounter with him that I help he was disrespectful or was being a dick to me.

And we all know that at the end of his career he wasn't a real cop, he was just there to get pictures with celebrities. Right @Shane ? ;)

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll vouch for Shane. He and I may not always agree, but I've ever had an encounter with him that I help he was disrespectful or was being a dick to me.

And we all know ar the end of his career he wasn't a real cop, he was just there to get pictures with celebrities. Right @Shane ?
Yeah… I disagree with Shane on a ton of political issues, but I’ve also met him multiple times and dude is a rock solid guy.

Don’t see any reason to be slinging insults here.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% agree that if providing free take home meals in the offseason is the league standard, the Cardinals should be doing it.

But I'm not sure how doing so doesn't violate the salary cap. What other enticing perks can teams give to players? Should the team provide the players free gas for their cars to get to and from the facility? Free hotel rooms / rent for those who live out of town but come in during the offseason to work out? Free membership at athletic clubs for when they can't make it to the team facility to work out?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
100% agree that if providing free take home meals in the offseason is the league standard, the Cardinals should be doing it.

But I'm not sure how doing so doesn't violate the salary cap. What other enticing perks can teams give to players? Should the team provide the players free gas for their cars to get to and from the facility? Free hotel rooms / rent for those who live out of town but come in during the offseason to work out? Free membership at athletic clubs for when they can't make it to the team facility to work out?
Only you would wonder about this, Dave. One of many reasons i luv ya brotha.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uh, no, many of us had the same thoughts. Dave is the only one to express our thoughts.
Interesting that you say “many” without knowing of any (considering you state he’s the only one to express the thoughts). Weird statement.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose