Arizona State Basketball 2022-23

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't expect this to be an NCAA team when the season started. So getting in the tournament is good.

Should be a good game against Nevada. Going on a run to the Sweet 16 would, just like that, make it one of ASUs greatest seasons.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't expect this to be an NCAA team when the season started. So getting in the tournament is good.

Should be a good game against Nevada. Going on a run to the Sweet 16 would, just like that, make it one of ASUs greatest seasons.
Based on how this team plays, I feel like a sweet 16 run is unlikely. I just don’t trust their shooting or shot selection.

Win the play in game and the first rounder is still just as successful

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on how this team plays, I feel like a sweet 16 run is unlikely. I just don’t trust their shooting or shot selection.

I really didn't expect them to get in.

I think they should beat Nevada. Then they get TCU. Anything is possible, but odds are against us there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My scenario was the wildest we could possibly hope for. I wouldn't bet on this team to beat Nevada. But I think they can win that game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I really didn't expect them to get in.

I think they should beat Nevada. Then they get TCU. Anything is possible, but odds are against us there.
Lack of depth and inconsistent shooting will be the quick demise of the Devils...sadly. If they do somehow get past Nevada (I don't think they "should" beat Nevada, or any other tournament team), TCU will take them down...
Nonetheless, it's amazing and FUN for this team to be dancin!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lack of depth and inconsistent shooting will be the quick demise of the Devils...sadly. If they do somehow get past Nevada (I don't think they "should" beat Nevada, or any other tournament team), TCU will take them down...
Nonetheless, it's amazing and FUN for this team to be dancin!

I understand all that about ASU, but they have been playing a much tougher schedule than Nevada. And pulled off some big wins along the way. Just looking at Nevada's resume, I think it is fair to say that ASU "should" win this one.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I understand all that about ASU, but they have been playing a much tougher schedule than Nevada. And pulled off some big wins along the way. Just looking at Nevada's resume, I think it is fair to say that ASU "should" win this one.

Still don't get the "should?" ASU's net rating is 66 and their Quad 1 record was 5-6... What about that suggests they "should" beat Nevada?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still don't get the "should?" ASU's net rating is 66 and their Quad 1 record was 5-6... What about that suggests they "should" beat Nevada?
Yeah, that's why I said I wouldn't bet on ASU. We depend heavily on 3s and are either hot or stone cold. How well we shoot from 3 will decide whether we have a chance to win or not. We don't make those points up in the paint or on fast breaks very well when we are cold.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ya, no idea what all the analytics mean. I probably shouldn't have posted Karman's tweet, was just trying to share information.

But Nevada finished 4th in the Mountain West, which seems to be an inferior conference. Their "big" wins were against San Diego State and New Mexico. The only PAC12 team I see on their schedule is their loss to Oregon, who we split with. So I think we had a tougher schedule. I looked it up and our schedule ranked #51 toughest and theirs was #74. ASU is a slight favorite, I think 1.5 points. So yes, in my humble opinion, ASU should win. Of course, they have been very inconsistent this year and I would not be shocked if they don't advance.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will Nunez be back in action this week? I think he is in concussion protocol, no clue what the rules are on that...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous timing for a hit piece by the local "news." SMH.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of Tru TV, so I had to look it up. It's on channel 246 on DirecTV if that helps anyone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU off to a good start leading 13-3. Nevada scored on a moving screen.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Who's idea was it to put these games on TruTV??? Looks like I'm going to have to abuse their website for their free "previews"