Vikings Sign Byron Murphy

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Well I was hoping we would keep at least one of Murphy or Allen but oh well. It looks like we are going for next year’s number one pick. 0-17 here we come.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals are really messing with my fandom. I haven't paid that club level seat fee yet just so they have to call.
My dad made the right call in finally selling two of his seats. Never would have thought I’d EVER say that.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What’s the worse scenario… we didn’t value those guys at reasonable contracts or we DID offer equitable deals and both decided we were too much of a dumpster fire to stay here?
Honestly it could be either, but at this point I’m thinking it’s the latter.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At this point need to find a terrible/rookie QB to ride out the season, have Kyler come out at the very end, show he's healthy and got some moves left then draft Caleb Williams. Gotta go full rebuild.

Cap/contract gurus out there say we can get rid of him next year? Or year after?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What’s the worse scenario… we didn’t value those guys at reasonable contracts or we DID offer equitable deals and both decided we were too much of a dumpster fire to stay here?
For the future, the latter. Now that it's settled, I actually hope we were controlling the situation rather than them not choosing us.

Technically it can be both. Keim didn't value them early, thus we are here, yet both signed for deals elsewhere at bargain rates for unknown reasons.

The tweet, if correct, was Byron wanted to be here. I was fully thinking Allen would get 17-20 on a 4-5 year contract, with an outside chance at a Kirk obscene overpay.

We are clearly moving in a brand new direction. I think it's absolutely nuts to let go of young talent at this cheap rate. I don't see the upside whatsoever.

Monti can still turn out to be a good GM and yada yada, but in the here and now, it looks crazy. He wanted a clean slate, he got one. That's all I got.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Actually affordable at that
Definitely...It's gonna be a 2 year on paper only, but he'll leave after 1 year and reset his value. Basically what the Cards have done with the other signings and what Murphy said he was willing to do to stay in AZ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose