Ja Morant wow

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is clearly a "guns in the workplace" violation, and there is precedent for dealing with it. Arenas was suspended for the remainder of the season. The NBA can do no less here. Their policy is a mockery if they don't. There is more sensitivity to this issue now than when Arenas was suspended.

6.9 Firearms and Other Weapons.​

1. Whenever a player is physically present at a facility or venue owned, operated, or being used by a Team, the NBA, or any League-related entity, and whenever a player is traveling on any NBA-related business, whether on behalf of the player’s Team, the NBA, or any League-related entity, such player shall not possess a firearm of any kind or any other deadly weapon. For purposes of the foregoing, “a facility or venue” includes, but is not limited to: an arena; a practice facility; a Team or League office or facility; an All-Star or NBA Playoff venue; and the site of a promotional or charitable appearance.
  2. At the commencement of each Season, and if the player owns or possesses any firearm, the player will provide the Team with proof that the player possesses a license or registration as required by law for any such firearm. Each player is also required to provide the Team with proof of any modifications or additions made to this information during the Season.
  3. Any violation of Section 9(a) or Section 9(b) above shall be considered conduct prejudicial to the NBA under Article 35(d) of the NBA Constitution and By-Laws, and shall therefore subject the player to discipline by the NBA in accordance with such Article.
I’ve seen some muse that Morant will say the gun wasn’t his, but that would be a joke. By letter of law, dude should be gone for the rest of the season and into next.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I see a Second Amendment challenge coming. With this Supreme Court, the NBA's policy could easily be overturned.
How would that work? Isn’t the nba a private entity? How could the court overturn it? Can it overturn Hobby Lobby’s policy if refusing birth control with its insurance packages?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
How would that work? Isn’t the nba a private entity? How could the court overturn it? Can it overturn Hobby Lobby’s policy if refusing birth control with its insurance packages?

I'm sure you've been following the news. This Court can do whatever it wants. Just as a private entity can't supress certain kinds of freedom of speech, we'll see challenges that private entities can't infringe on gun rights.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see a Second Amendment challenge coming. With this Supreme Court, the NBA's policy could easily be overturned.
I can't see it. Employers can demand that their employees not carry firearms to work, on the team plane, etc. I cannot see a court even looking at this. And I am more of a 2nd Amendment guy than most here.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The teams that scare me are the bruising defenders. Like the Pelicans were last year. Our older players are so subject to injury.

Especially when you add a pesky Alvarado to harass cp3 for all the time he's in the game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just reading that, if the NBA follows their rules to the letter, the Ja is looking at a 50 game suspension. Because he brought this on a road trip (and was waiving it around while almost certainly under the influence), he broke a number of NBA rules and, likely, Colorado law.

David Stern would almost certainly throw the book at him, I kinda doubt Silver does.

I think the Ja and Grizz tried to get ahead of the wind by almost immediately releasing that statement of the 2 games suspension.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
A simple question, without snark, attacked with a rolling eye emoji.

No interest in elaborating? You refer to "so many off the court issues" - what are they? Genuinely curious.
Hilarious....

Also please stop trolling. Its Monday.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please stop trolling!

Thank goodness for the "ignore" feature. Whew.
His point is that while this is one, there don't seem to be as many as there used to be. I think he is probably right. You made an offhand comment that probably is more feeling than fact and he called you on it.

Its OK. You don't have to reply.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
His point is that while this is one, there don't seem to be as many as there used to be. I think he is probably right. You made an offhand comment that probably is more feeling than fact and he called you on it.

Its OK. You don't have to reply.
We have a history. He draws people into an argument then trolls and hurls insults.

He's done it to others too....

Thank God for the ignore feature

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
please don't do this on every board, guys.
Do what? OP makes statement - I ask poster to explain his statement, he victimizes himself? What is "do this?"

It is particularly amusing that you're offering opinions on the matter as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hilarious....

Also please stop trolling. Its Monday.
It's Monday, no one trolls on Monday (paraphrasing the movie Dave). Regardless, put aside the troll accusation and explain your comment please. Are you suggesting that when it comes to off the court/field isssues the NBA stands out among American pro sports?

Ja Morant has had a few issues recently but I was under the impression that the NBA overall has a pretty solid image compared to the NFL. I've not researched it so I'm willing to be convinced otherwise if you have some supporting evidence.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Colorado police are investigating now.

I like article 5 there "You knowingly aim, throw, or swing a throwing star or nunchaku at another individual."

Cowabunga.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's Monday, no one trolls on Monday (paraphrasing the movie Dave). Regardless, put aside the troll accusation and explain your comment please. Are you suggesting that when it comes to off the court/field isssues the NBA stands out among American pro sports?

Ja Morant has had a few issues recently but I was under the impression that the NBA overall has a pretty solid image compared to the NFL. I've not researched it so I'm willing to be convinced otherwise if you have some supporting evidence.
I can tell you that I have heard of a lot more negative off court/field stuff from the NFL than the NBA. There are also a lot more players in the NFL than the NBA to be fair.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Colorado police are investigating now.

I like article 5 there "You knowingly aim, throw, or swing a throwing star or nunchaku at another individual."

Cowabunga.

numchucks

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that I have heard of a lot more negative off court/field stuff from the NFL than the NBA. There are also a lot more players in the NFL than the NBA to be fair.
Yeah the NBA has worked diligently since the cocaine days to clean up the league's image and I believe it's been mostly successful. I'm not sure the current Commissioner will continue to put as much emphasis on it as Stern did, we'll have to see how the Morant situations resolves.

But regardless, even allowing for how many more players there are, the NFL appears to have a greater image issue than the NBA. But like I said, I'd be interested in seeing evidence that indicates otherwise.