Thunder @ Suns Friday game thread 2-24-2023

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should totally give Ayton the most shots in the game.

Chef kiss ASFN takes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree he’s at his best when he gets it and goes. He gets in trouble when he tries to put it in the floor.
I didn’t say he was good at it. However, Ayton has a bad habit of shooting outside his range. A couple of those were loooooong hooks. He needs to develop putting a body to people to get a few steps closer. If he loses they ball and doesn’t score or puts up a long long hook that has no chance of going in?

What is the difference?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree he’s at his best when he gets it and goes. He gets in trouble when he tries to put it in the floor.

He has to establish the post. You draw zero fouls immediately jacking a 15 foot hook.

He has done it in the playoffs. I just want playoff Ayton to appear during the season

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wanted Ayton to be trade not 25
But getting KD will open up so much for Ayton. Its really a conundrum that makes my head hurt

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges went off tonight holy hell
It was an embarrassing team performance. I know this is sarcasm and Mikal might not have had a good game but he was not the problem tonight. Poor team defense plus CamJ, Dinwiddy, Dorian-Smith, CamT, Harris and O'Neale combining to make 13 of their 50 shots was the reason a weak team blew them out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say he was good at it. However, Ayton has a bad habit of shooting outside his range. A couple of those were loooooong hooks. He needs to develop putting a body to people to get a few steps closer.
It’s his 5th year in the league. I think we need to stop expecting him to do this.

To be honest, I’m not gonna be surprised if Ayton’s not moved in the off-season to continue this make over for the next two year run.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has to establish the post. You draw zero fouls immediately jacking a 15 foot hook.

He has done it in the playoffs

This team is 27th in FT attempts we don’t play physical. That’s how Monty has molded this team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t stand ESPN. Jalen Rose, Steven A all of them

I just can’t do it anymore.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Craig is so comfortable in his own space, doesn't try to do too much, let's the game come to him, just so damn dependable

Then you have Okogie who is aggressively active in all facets of the game and constantly creating

Question is which will best complement our starting line up, and which can best help our defense

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was an embarrassing team performance. I know this is sarcasm and Mikal might not have had a good game but he was not the problem tonight. Poor team defense plus CamJ, Dinwiddy, Dorian-Smith, CamT, Harris and O'Neale combining to make 13 of their 50 shots was the reason a weak team blew them out.

Mikael slander sucks so much. He loves it here. He embraced the city and the fans.

He was a great Sun.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s his 5th year in the league. I think we need to stop expecting him to do this.

To be honest, I’m not gonna be surprised if Ayton’s not moved in the off-season to continue this make over for the next two year run.
I have to hope. Also, not going to be surprised either if he is moved if we don’t get a title. If we do? JJ isn’t changing anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It usually takes 3 or 4 weeks for a broken nose to heal but I can't recall how long he's been wearing that mask.

I don't recall either but if it works, I wouldn't be in a hurry to change it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is 27th in FT attempts we don’t play physical. That’s how Monty has molded this team.

It is possible that Monty has encouraged the team to be passive but then guys like Okogie are either not following the script or there is not a said script

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to hope. Also, not going to be surprised either if he is moved if we don’t get a title. If we do? JJ isn’t changing anything.

If we don’t win it I fully expect Paul and Ayton gone. There our only trade assets at this point

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is possible that Monty has encouraged the team to be passive but then guys like Okogie are either not following the script or there is not a said script

Yeah he gets to the line 1 time a game. Really drawing them fouls

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he gets to the line 1 time a game. Really drawing them fouls

He isn't a center playing (my legit guess didn't look it up) playing 31 minutes a game and getting 2.7 FT attempts a game.

Let's see how close I am

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Ayton's isn't going anywhere. I don't think anyone will pay Paul what we're obligated to pay him so same for him. And this need to constantly trash Bridges is really starting to come off as insecure