Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This fan base.

"We want a new GM and new HC and the GM should pick the HC"

Mike: Ok

"Not that HC!"
You like to point out fan fiction a lot. Just because Gannon was on a list ossie made months ago doesn’t mean that he made the pick. Does it lends credence to that conjecture? Sure. But until there’s a definitive statement it’s still conjecture. Something you lambast others for . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Albert Beer: Jonathan Gannon was quietly a front-runner for the job from the minute Monti Ossenfort landed the GM spot. The two got to know each other over the last year, and Ossenfort sees Gannon as having the "it" factor necessary in a head coach.
Hoping this is accurate and ossie is right.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
glad it’s not Payton, liked the Eagles team first, well rounded team approach, multi dimensional.

he ain’t no Buddy Ryan hehe, Will see how his staff develops. But doesn’t feel like a unicorn hire, but sure steady fundamental leadership.

I believe you establish and perform fundamental solid strategy. Then let playmakers earn their glory. But Gannon is another no set plan, adapt to your players strengths style coach. Which has lead us to one dimensional feast or famine football.

hopefully the new GM has a plan.

"You piece that together as you go along. When I got here, I didn't drop a book on the table and say, 'Hey, this is what we're running.'
"You can ask the head coach, he asked, 'What scheme are you going to run?' I said 'I don't have a scheme.' I believe that you have to be adaptable. We have to figure out what out what our players can do and put them in those positions as much as possible to utilize their strengths."

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That’s because Eagles fans are douchebags. That’s how they roll. I live in Eagle country so I know them well, and I’m getting the same bs.
point out to them... they may have lost the SB... but it was Gannons defense that got them there in the first place.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
things i learned:

Kyler is in the facility
He seems genuinely happy
he is wearing a Smiths t-shirt

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
@kerouac9 will point out how toxic it is for a QB to play this kinda music in the locker room.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Smiths > The Cure

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You like to point out fan fiction a lot. Just because Gannon was on a list ossie made months ago doesn’t mean that he made the pick. Does it lends credence to that conjecture? Sure. But until there’s a definitive statement it’s still conjecture. Something you lambast others for . . .
At least it is some evidence.

One aspect that left a bad taste in my mouth when Kliff was hired was when Michael talked about how they reached out to Ernie Accorsi to find a HC and that was how they found Kliff.

Even at the time that struck me as a bit of incompetence. They work in the NFL and should know the up-and-comers in the league. The fact that we are hearing that Ossenfort had a list of coaches he liked is a good sign.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It's think it's widely accepted Gannon was Monti's choice