Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Its not cost them anything though has it...
...except their first shot. But, hey, now we can prolong the process, continue without a coaching staff to help guide draft prep, offer philosophy, or mold the team's approach to the personnel they'll need. Instead of getting that staff assembled, we can wait another week or so, or we can miss out on a guy we may have wanted because we were too slow. Nah, no cost whatsoever.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...except their first shot. But, hey, now we can prolong the process, continue without a coaching staff to help guide draft prep, offer philosophy, or mold the team's approach to the personnel they'll need. Instead of getting that staff assembled, we can wait another week or so, or we can miss out on a guy we may have wanted because we were too slow. Nah, no cost whatsoever.

LOL like a week or 2 is a big deal

What part of "missed the first shot while hiring Monti" escaped you?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If the Cardinals get their guy...who cares?

If Monti has a "strong relationship" with Gannon, then he knew he would get his chance.
If. A funny little word, because it places so much trust in Bidwill. We'll DEFINITELY get our guy...or so Bidwill will claim, whether it's our first or fifth choice coach.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Gannon has “knocked it out of the park” and “crushed” his meetings with NFL teams. Impressing them with his knowledge of the game, creativity, energy, detailed plans about strategy, staff and personnel, and his passion for the game, according to multiple league sources not authorized to speak publicly."

“Incredibly intelligent and passionate,” a source said of Gannon. “This guy is a superstar. He’s worked with great people like George Paton and Rob Brzezinski with the Vikings. It says a lot that those guys think the world of the guy.”

Gannon is known as an avid reader, focusing on books about leadership, team-building, and social elements to bring the best out of people. He embraces analytics. The Eagles are one of the most analytics-driven franchises in the NFL.

Gannon’s philosophy is simple when it comes to his approach to coaching.

“My job is to make you the best player that you can be,” Gannon said. “There’s a bunch of different ways to go about that, but that’s ultimately how I always thought in my mind. When I talk to a player or someone that’s been under my watch, that’s my job.”

“JG, that’s my guy,” linebacker T.J. Edwards said. “Just in terms of his football IQ and how he views the game is so interesting to just have conversations about how he sees certain things fitting. The one thing he did that was awesome for us and helped us a lot was letting each position group and specifically each position know how they fit into the scheme.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting that Gannon was a scout for a bit too.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah, that is helpful at least.

I'm wondering where he and Ossy crossed paths and know each other well, don't see them on the same team/time anywhere for an obvious connection.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
...after failing to do the right thing the first go 'round?
I hear ya but I still believe circumstances made it a little more difficult except early on in the process imo.

1) I still stick to my comments on one of the posts that the Cards & Payton had a mutual agreement he would become HC after his interview & the compensation had to be worked out between Big Red & the Saints. That was a Thursday I believe & the Saints most likely we’re still working the phones, holding out for that #1 pick which Bidwill wasn’t or didn’t want to do. That left Michael with basically a 3 day window on the compensation demands.

2) Then the Niners were the process of preparing for the NFC championship game which took the Iggles DC out of the process that week.

3) Bidwill wasn’t budging in a #1 pick, the Saints kept making calls & the Donkeys suddenly got back into the mix & put the all out pressure to get Payton.

4) Payton, donkeys & Saints agree on deal I believe on Wednesday. Michael & Cards left out & had to cast a wider net.

5) Lou & Kafka added to interview list.

Again my source within has been dead on twice before with the Dhop & black helmet leads he gave me before so he had credibility with me. He gives me a 1-2 nuggets each year, nothing more & I never ask. The Payton deal ultimately falling thru threw a wrench in the hiring process!!!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
"Gannon has “knocked it out of the park” and “crushed” his meetings with NFL teams. Impressing them with his knowledge of the game, creativity, energy, detailed plans about strategy, staff and personnel, and his passion for the game, according to multiple league sources not authorized to speak publicly."

“Incredibly intelligent and passionate,” a source said of Gannon. “This guy is a superstar. He’s worked with great people like George Paton and Rob Brzezinski with the Vikings. It says a lot that those guys think the world of the guy.”

Gannon is known as an avid reader, focusing on books about leadership, team-building, and social elements to bring the best out of people. He embraces analytics. The Eagles are one of the most analytics-driven franchises in the NFL.

Gannon’s philosophy is simple when it comes to his approach to coaching.

“My job is to make you the best player that you can be,” Gannon said. “There’s a bunch of different ways to go about that, but that’s ultimately how I always thought in my mind. When I talk to a player or someone that’s been under my watch, that’s my job.”

“JG, that’s my guy,” linebacker T.J. Edwards said. “Just in terms of his football IQ and how he views the game is so interesting to just have conversations about how he sees certain things fitting. The one thing he did that was awesome for us and helped us a lot was letting each position group and specifically each position know how they fit into the scheme.
Forget just losing today...I wonder, what would happen if the Eagles got their doors blown off? Does that have any impact on Gannon being a HC candidate?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Forget just losing today...I wonder, what would happen if the Eagles got their doors blown off? Does that have any impact on Gannon being a HC candidate?

I don't believe so. I think they are hiring the man not his stats.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I'm wondering where he and Ossy crossed paths and know each other well, don't see them on the same team/time anywhere for an obvious connection.
I can't find any connection or career overlap in the NFL or College.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I doubt it. But Gannon would be nice consolation after losing out on Payton, and I guess never went after Steichen.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They know each other through Nick Caserio apparently. Both good friends with him.