Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think Gannon, very early on, said he was returning to the Eagles. Maybe Cards had him on their radar a couple weeks ago, but it took convincing and back channel communication to get him to interview.

Ever since his video about gutting the Niners came out, I wanted him...but, again, he had already said he was coming back to Eagles.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This response sounds like a defense of the old Cards approach to FA. "Why did the other team sign them after we brought them in, let them go without an offer, and had to deliberate a contract?" "Well, you see, we have to be patient and consider all--wait, we lost ANOTHER FA signing? Drats. Welp, we gots ta be patient!"
Nah, I'm just reciting some zen philosophy. I'm actually bored with the HC search and no longer care.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
The reality is that no one outside of the Cardinal brass and the people being interviewed really know what has transpired throughout the hiring process. For all we know the Cardinals and Gannon have already had a preliminary interview via zoom or in person. The media just doesn't know a whole lot about the process and what is reported definitely doesn't capture the whole story.

In the meantime people will speculate about what the Cardinals have or have not done, and their thinking or lack of thinking for doing so.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here I was expecting you to maybe aim a bit of completely fair criticism at the team and am shocked, I say, to see more staunch support for this regime.

How is "an explanation of things that actually happened" considered staunch support?

Vs your inane, completely manufactured rage posts?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus, good management strikes when the iron is hot. A 2 day window is forever. If he's the guy--or a guy they think could be the guy--then they damn sure should've got him in (or on Zoom) for an interview. To me, this says this clown show isn't going to be over Monday, or Tuesday, or even this week. We are going to go into late February without a GD head coach.

Listen, I was super patient through the early parts of the process. I didn't have big opinions on who we should or shouldn't hire at GM or HC. I didn't wade in on the Payton saga and played a wait and see when Monti was hired. No more patience. There's a difference between calm, calculating, deliberate, and being slow, laborious, clueless in an attempt to be the former. The process looks very, very much like the latter. It reminds me of our disastrous approaches to FA in the old days. Puke-worthy management days.

Have you considered that Gannon has a say too?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember that Gannon originally said he was staying with the Eagles. That may have stopped some teams from interviewing him. Don't know why he changed his mind probably because he heard so many positive things about Bidwill, Kyler and the Cards. :lol:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The reality is that no one outside of the Cardinal brass and the people being interviewed really know what has transpired throughout the hiring process. For all we know the Cardinals and Gannon have already had a preliminary interview via zoom or in person. The media just doesn't know a whole lot about the process and what is reported definitely doesn't capture the whole story.

In the meantime people will speculate about what the Cardinals have or have not done, and their thinking or lack of thinking for doing so.
All we have to go on is our track record of ineptitude. Ineptitude that seems to be continuing. Fingers crossed we can luck into the right candidate. Surely it's our turn to get lucky, right? Better lucky than good, eh?

Stout

Reaction score
How is "an explanation of things that actually happened" considered staunch support?

Vs your inane, completely manufactured rage posts?
You aren't the arbiter of "things that actually happened," and any actual timeline of what actually happened can be pitched in just as negative a tone as a positive one. Easier, I dare say.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Stout things that actually happened

From Albert Breer,

"The Cardinals missed their window for first interviews with Jonathan Gannon during their GM search, and that meant they weren’t allowed to interview either guy during the window for second interviews over the Super Bowl bye week."

Apparently Gannon has always been high on the list because Ossenfort and Gannon know each other well.

Stout

Reaction score
@Stout things that actually happened

From Albert Breer,

"The Cardinals missed their window for first interviews with Jonathan Gannon during their GM search, and that meant they weren’t allowed to interview either guy during the window for second interviews over the Super Bowl bye week."

Apparently Gannon has always been high on the list because Ossenfort and Gannon know each other well.
Ah, so you CAN post things critical of the Cards! Oopsie, slow on the draw again, missing that darn window.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

From the story:

Ossenfort was one of a handful of candidates that interviewed for the job, but according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, he might not have been Arizona's first choice.

Chicago Bears assistant general manager Ian Cunningham reportedly declined Arizona's offer to fill the GM vacancy.

Glazer using 'might not' indicates that he couldn't independently verify that a formal offer had been made.

And the term 'reportedly' is meaningless unless one quotes the source.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
From the story:

Ossenfort was one of a handful of candidates that interviewed for the job, but according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, he might not have been Arizona's first choice.

Chicago Bears assistant general manager Ian Cunningham reportedly declined Arizona's offer to fill the GM vacancy.

Glazer using 'might not' indicates that he couldn't independently verify that a formal offer had been made.

SOURCE?

Er...right, nevermind.

:cool:

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From the story:

Is this Mike's burner or what? It's already leaked that Mike wouldn't pay his first GM choice what he wanted and settled for Ossenfort. Bury your head in the sand if that makes you feel better.