New Owner - Mat Ishbia

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always think sweet James sounds like the name of an attorney from aJohn Grisham novel.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And I can't stand "The Husband and Wife Law Firm" too.
You and me both. I guess, husband and wife helps me to remember, but it certainly should not be a selling point. What about them being married makes them any more qualified to do anything legally?

And the sound of her voice is atrocious.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if @BC867 is still around? I know he showed up after the Finals loss. He seemed checked out because of Sarver. Not sure if anyone talked to him outside of the board.
He told us he was having a lot of problems with his vision and other than his last visit to the board I haven't heard anything from or about him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope Sarver knows this happened. I hope he learned about it on Twitter too. He always seemed to be a put off by Jerry and the admiration he received.
Gambo swears Sarver was willing to pay up to 100 million in tax this season, so if you believe that it would not have been any different.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
What needs to be understood is that paying that luxury tax is an investment. Having Durant on this team will significantly increase jersey sales and allow them to sell out stadiums even with jacked up ticket prices. Not to mention what will happen with those things if they happen to also win a title. Of course you don't want to be paying luxury taxes for a team that is playing poorly, but doing it to put together a team that now becomes a title favorite it is a good investment.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, do you buy that? I know I don't.
I believe the first part of his sentence about spending the money and for the same reason that you pointed out in your earlier post, about it being an investment. He's had several years now to see the financial benefit the Warriors were getting despite huge payouts.

I don't believe it's something he'd continue for long, just long enough to try and get a championship. But it also sounds like we would have been spending that money on Collins instead of Durant had Sarver still been in control.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Sarver truly was willing to pay up to $100 million in tax this year then Cam J would have been extended. I think the fact he wasn't tells the true story there. Cam's extension wouldn't have kicked in this season either so he wouldn't have increased the cost now. Cam under contract also allows more leverage in a trade. He's a RFA so his value wasn't as high as it could have been. He's not a rental or expiring but locking him long term would have raised his stock some and potentially cost us 1 fewer picks or less the swap.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He told us he was having a lot of problems with his vision and other than his last visit to the board I haven't heard anything from or about him.

Bummer. I know I didn't get along with him one on one but I hope he's able to enjoy this in some way.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Sarver truly was willing to pay up to $100 million in tax this year then Cam J would have been extended. I think the fact he wasn't tells the true story there. Cam's extension wouldn't have kicked in this season either so he wouldn't have increased the cost now. Cam under contract also allows more leverage in a trade. He's a RFA so his value wasn't as high as it could have been. He's not a rental or expiring but locking him long term would have raised his stock some and potentially cost us 1 fewer picks or less the swap.
Trading him would have been really difficult if we'd extended him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose