Durant to Suns

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap ticket prices are skyrocketing. No more packs available. All individual game tickets. I literally watched within seconds seats I was looking at for a game go about $100 right before I put them in my cart. Holy crap! This is costing me a fortune.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I still can't get over we could be waking up to a John Collins trade today, instead of KD. Thanks Mat Ishbia!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap ticket prices are skyrocketing. No more packs available. All individual game tickets. I literally watched within seconds seats I was looking at for a game go about $100 right before I put them in my cart. Holy crap! This is costing me a fortune.
You shoulda bought those tickets last night instead of wasting time arguing with me! :mrgreen:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I still can't get over we could be waking up to a John Collins trade today, instead of KD. Thanks Mat Ishbia!
Even worse, we would be waking up to Crowder traded for 5 second round picks and that's it, if Sarver was still the owner.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dbacks pay attention here

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An even trade is going to be panned. I love Bridges, but I can see how the Nets wanted him. I had hoped we could have kept CamJ out of the trade if Bridges had to go. I hate that the Suns traded away picks with no protection again. At least top 1 or top 3 or something.

It's a gamble. It's rolling the dice. This team was gelling nicely. Who knows if the combo of Paul, Book, Ayton, and KD will work? You don't have the role players. Maybe we can add them in the buyout period.

I get both sides. I will miss Mikal. We will see.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shoulda bought those tickets last night instead of wasting time arguing with me! :mrgreen:
I did buy tickets last night to a couple games last night no matter how you tried to distract me. :mrgreen: It wasn't much better though. I had to check our schedule and my work schedule this morning to add more games.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
lol, Barkley only played in one Finals, and it was against MJ
lol, He had opportunities to lead them to the finals and ultimately win, but didn't.

This is not a knock on Barkley btw. He is one of the greatest players to ever wear a Suns uniform, but he ultimately didn't prove to be the guy that Durant has proven to be and that is a finals MVP type guy. Even that Bulls series was in reach, but we just barely came up short in a couple games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see how a guy posting above career averages across the board is on the downside
Sure right now.

CP3 looked damn good a year and a half ago too. And he hasn't blown out his achillies, and we didn't give up our whole future to acquire him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
An even trade is going to be panned. I love Bridges, but I can see how the Nets wanted him. I had hoped we could have kept CamJ out of the trade if Bridges had to go. I hate that the Suns traded away picks with no protection again. At least top 1 or top 3 or something.

It's a gamble. It's rolling the dice. This team was gelling nicely. Who knows if the combo of Paul, Book, Ayton, and KD will work? You don't have the role players. Maybe we can add them in the buyout period.

I get both sides. I will miss Mikal. We will see.
I am not worried about unprotected picks. Booker would literally have to be traded away for those picks to make any meaning. They will be low firsts. No way they will be worth anything significant.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Damn, we cut cable in our house and I've been watching Suns games on my phone through a semi-shady(?) website on my phone

Looks like a Ballsy Sports subscription is in my future, it's like $20 a month right??

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The picks in 27, 28, and 29 won't be late in the first round. They're likely to be in the lottery.
Only picks in 27 and 29. They traded alternate years, as per NBA rules.

And there's no way to be sure where those picks end up. I would be very surprised if they are any higher than the mid first round. It's not like Booker and Ayton will inevitably be chopped liver by then.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
lol, He had opportunities to lead them to the finals and ultimately win, but didn't.

This is not a knock on Barkley btw. He is one of the greatest players to ever wear a Suns uniform, but he ultimately didn't prove to be the guy that Durant has proven to be and that is a finals MVP type guy. Even that Bulls series was in reach, but we just barely came up short in a couple games.
I agree, I have KD well above Barkley all time

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Only picks in 27 and 29. They traded alternate years, as per NBA rules.

And there's no way to be sure where those picks end up. I would be very surprised if they are any higher than the mid first round. It's not like Booker and Ayton will inevitably be chopped liver by then.
28 is a pick swap.