Durant to Suns

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Same people gnashing their teeth over trading Oubre for CP3 are losing it over moving an elite role player for one of the elite players of ALL TIME.
My wife never got over trading Oubre for an old man who is balding! LOL!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Westbrook traded 5 times since he signed the contract he is on from 2018. Now might be bought out heading for a sixth team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly think people are so used to constantly looking at the future with this team that they can't see something great right in front of them in the here and now. Durant is still a top 5 player in the league and will likely still be a very good player for the rest of his deal as well.
I really disagree. It has nothing to do with Kevin Durant as a player and everything to do with Kevin Durant as a patient. Right now, this isn't a bad deal. But it's an incredibly risky deal and if it fails, it could well be one of the failures that haunts a franchise for years to come. And if KD is still a very good player for the rest of this deal, Ishbia will be hailed for his genius.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He just better hold up. It would be like trading 4 first round picks for Tom Brady at this point.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I really disagree. It has nothing to do with Kevin Durant as a player and everything to do with Kevin Durant as a patient. Right now, this isn't a bad deal. But it's an incredibly risky deal and if it fails, it could well be one of the failures that haunts a franchise for years to come. And if KD is still a very good player for the rest of this deal, Ishbia will be hailed for his genius.
KD's game is not about driving to the basket super quick, or jumping real high. I think he'll be OK when he comes back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He just better hold up. It would be like trading 4 first round picks for Tom Brady at this point.
Nah - that's too far.

Huge difference between Brady at 46 and Durant at 34.

Better comparison would be Aaron Rodgers

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When can you trade for a guy AVERAGING 30 points a game????
It's true it doesn't happen often.

But when that guy has been injured half of the last 2 seasons it makes it a lot more understandable.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I want to line up this Barkley and KD comparison.

Barkley: Career PER 24.5 with 177.2 win shares.

All star 11x
All NBA 1st team 5x
All NBA 2nd team 5x
NBA Rebounding Leader x1

Durant: Career PER 25.3 (26.5 this year) 161.1 Win Shares (he will blow by Barkley here)

NBA Champion 2x
FInals MVP 2x
League MVP 1x
All Star 13x
All NBA 1st team 6x
All NBA 2nd team 4x
NBA Scoring Champ 4x

He is much better than Barkley and he isn't remotely done.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
No, no it would not. That's ridiculous. KD is what? 3 or 4 years younger than Lebron and CP3? Brady was literally beating father time but ultimately succumbed, that's just not the case with KD. This type of non-founded hyperbole hurts my brain

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD's game is not about driving to the basket super quick, or jumping real high. I think he'll be OK when he comes back.
Missed my point. My concern has to do with Durant playing, not really with whether he'll play well. On the court, with the exception of last postseason, he's come back from that surgery almost as if he hasn't missed a beat. But he's missed more games the past 4 seasons than Anthony Davis has. He's missed 265 games over the past 9 seasons and his achilles injury, according to the studies I've read about, suggests his career will be shortened because of it and that he will miss a greater number of games along the way.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay I want to line up this Barkley and KD comparison.

Barkley: Career PER 24.5 with 177.2 win shares.

All star 11x
All NBA 1st team 5x
All NBA 2nd team 5x
NBA Rebounding Leader x1

Durant: Career PER 25.3 (26.5 this year) 161.1 Win Shares (he will blow by Barkley here)

NBA Champion 2x
FInals MVP 2x
League MVP 1x
All Star 13x
All NBA 1st team 6x
All NBA 2nd team 4x
NBA Scoring Champ 4x

He is much better than Barkley and he isn't remotely done.
He is better than Barkley - but he is very much on the downside of his career. Barkley was in his prime.

Also when comparing stats - the 3 point shot and the way defense has changed to be far more lenient has skewed scoring dramatically.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those hand wringing about future assets, Ayton could still be traded in the offseason.
For the record I am not in favor of this - at least not right now. Got to see how he plays the rest of this season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
For those hand wringing about future assets, Ayton could still be traded in the offseason.
If he would play like his last game more consistently, he is worth his contract! Just turn the corner Ayton! Jeez!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He is better than Barkley - but he is very much on the downside of his career. Barkley was in his prime.

Also when comparing stats - the 3 point shot and the way defense has changed to be far more lenient has skewed scoring dramatically.
At the same time Durant is proven to be good enough to be the best player on a title winning team (twice proven) and Barkley wasn't.

Also what you explained in the 2nd part of your comment is just why we can expect KD to continue to be good for most if not all of his current contract.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
ESPN is blowing up on this trade! Nuggets keep coming out. They are going to have Sean Marks on soon. Best ESPN segment regarding Suns I have seen in a long while!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
At the same time Durant is proven to be good enough to be the best player on a title winning team (twice proven) and Barkley wasn't.

Also what you explained in the 2nd part of your comment is just why we can expect KD to continue to be good for most if not all of his current contract.
To be fair, Barkley played when there was this one guy named Michael Jordan in the league... and he was pretty good

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
To be fair, Barkley played when there was this one guy named Michael Jordan in the league... and he was pretty good
Just like all those Heavy Weight boxers in the seventies who would have been the Champion if it weren't for a guy named Ali.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen