xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The track record for these types of trades have been disastrous.

It is not just "Title or bust", but a bust that will leave us in ruin for a while.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ayton in a heart beat.

Ayton's playing the best basketball of his career right now, but center just doesn't have the value of an elite 3 and D player who plays hard every night and is on a steal of a contract and who loves playing here.

I don't think anyone would be shocked if at any point Ayton started sulking and demanded a trade. For that reason alone, he is the one you move.
I get that, but Mikal’s primary role on this team was to be a lockdown defender and he’s simply not that despite what many think. I do think that JJ is going to have to find a perimeter defender before the deadline. The gravity that Ayton pulls away from the perimeter is going to help immensely for KD, Book and CP3 and vice versa if the shots are falling. Legitimately, we have the most potent offensive package in the NBA.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we win a championship this trade was an underpay, if we don’t, it was an overpay. I think it is that simple.
Mikal is probably my all time favorite player so I'm sad he won't be a lifer. Anything less than a title would make this hurt too much.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sick at the price Phoenix paid. I don't think James Jones would have done this without encouragement.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They keep Cam J and Bridges, the twins, together. That's kinda cool.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD literally a top-3 player before he got injured.
Yes he was. And he's played at that level this season, when he's played. But AD was a top player too and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole either. And Durant has missed more games the past 4 years than AD has. The Lakers made a similarly risky trade to get Davis and it paid off for them. Hope we have the same luck but we won't have the bubble year working for us like they did.

I know this has many here excited and I wish I could join in the excitement but to me, it's the worst Suns news I've ever heard as a lifelong Suns fan. Don't want to rain on anyone else's parade here though so I'll try to keep my negative feelings on this trade to a minimum going forward.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So who replaces Mikal in the line up? I guess I’m assuming that Warren will be bought out.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have watched KD his whole career, and every team he is on, they play around on offense for 20 seconds, get locked down, and desperately throw it to KD as the clock is winding down, and he hits the shot! KD is the ultimate bail out guy. Also, now what are the odds that BOTH Booker and KD will be cold on the same night? This just ramps up the consistency on our offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave