Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more I laugh about it. There was no, "Kyler is my guy" "Kyler is the first one in the building" "Kyler was absolutely the leader of our team" "Kyler puts in so much work" "Kyler is a real student of the game". None of it. Not even one anecdote of where Kyler asked him for help or where Kyler helped him out.

Out of all of the cliche answers he could have given, JJ gave none. Ouch.

Had JJ been asked direct questions about Kyler's leadership and work ethic, we'd know what he thinks either by what he said or didn't. There were no such questions... ergo: bad interview technique and a disservice to all who want to know the answers.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It absolutely is. It is outrageous to me that people think that owners and teams should have control of people's health and body.

Then again it shouldn't be that surprising considering our country's stance on things like women's rights.

Hey! slave owners had control over the gladiators of Rome, why shouldn't NFL owners? ;)

Some will say... but consider how much the players are earning.

Gladiators were paid a bit of cash, a chance at freedom and, in the meantime, wine, women and song. Sure their careers may end in the next match, but still better in their minds than pounding rock until they die.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oof… you don’t want to work with that QB.

I mean… OOF. Between this and JJ’s “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all” routine when asked about Kyler, that’s an UGLY 1-2 punch during the biggest media week of the year.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Talk about cringy. JJ couldn’t come up with ONE good thing about KM…the silence from a person who really knows….says EVERTHING

Sure does if you're a KM 'hater.'

He didn't come up with anything, given that there were no direct questions.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, Wilson isn’t our QB and none of us would want him to be either.

thanks for making my point about the bad buzz surrounding Kyler.
He went to Denver for money and a better organization period. Kyler had little to nothing to do with Payton’s decision Arizona was probably never even really an option just used them like many have done in the past for a bargaining chip. Why would there be positive news on Kyler? He played crappy and out injured is there some great positive new we should be hearing?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It absolutely is. It is outrageous to me that people think that owners and teams should have control of people's health and body.

Then again it shouldn't be that surprising considering our country's stance on things like women's rights.
Maybe it’s this generation but players used to move and live where the team they played was located. That’s not ownership of health and body. SMH.

From what we do know about Kyler, he probably still lives at home. :D

Pay me a quarter of a billion dollars to play a game and I’ll move where your team is located. After my career I can live wherever the heck I want.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drunks aren't like "watch me be wise and truthful while I get into fights, drive cars risking people's lives, and send embarrassing communication"

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He went to Denver for money and a better organization period. Kyler had little to nothing to do with Payton’s decision Arizona was probably never even really an option just used them like many have done in the past for a bargaining chip. Why would there be positive news on Kyler? He played crappy and out injured is there some great positive new we should be hearing?
Wow…just wow

Kyler played a part in him going to Denver. The fact you cannot acknowledge that is staggering. Doesn’t mean it was all Kyler but sweet fancy Moses man I know you are smarter than this

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Drunks aren't like "watch me be wise and truthful while I get into fights, drive cars risking people's lives, and send embarrassing communication"
I simply meant they are unfiltered while speaking. Saying truths they wouldn't if sober. I agree 100% about driving drunk and getting into fights.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Things sound worse when drunk.

Yep and said the same about Wilson so???
Yep. He didnt love either QB for their issues (Russell possibly washed/Kyler knee injury knowing he depends on his athleticism....amongst other potential issues for both)

Broncos paid up.

People would be surprised just how nasty coaches talk when out for drinks or at a social event. A friend of mine is knows Mike Tomlin and Gregg Williams (yea that guy). Just say horrible things...even about the ones they like, lol.

He took the interview so there was some perspective/critically thinking it could work. Denver paid up.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow…just wow

Kyler played a part in him going to Denver. The fact you cannot acknowledge that is staggering. Doesn’t mean it was all Kyler but sweet fancy Moses man I know you are smarter than this
Believe what you want dude was NEVER coming here! Just another BS excuse for some of you to point at Murray it’s beyond ridiculous. Go where the team paid you a ton and has a franchise that’s 1000 times more success or go to the crap ass Cards that have less talent yeah real hard decision…

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow…just wow

At the very least, our quarter of a billion dollar "franchise" QB doesn't appear to be a significant positive incentive to attract a coach. The fact he may be a factor(regardless to what degree) in coaches actually not wanting to be here is depressing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose