Assuming it is down to the final three (Poll)

Who do you want the Cardinals to hire?

• Mike Kafka

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Brian Flores

Votes: 38 36.9%

• Total voters

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dangit I was really avoiding learning how to spell Aminamo's name
'Clap,' 'clap,' you know it. Although, I have little concern we will have HC Anamatopea's name down in no time.

I can hear it now, 'ding' 'dong, the search is done, and we soon be parading in the streets and on our seats.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m at the point it doesn’t matter between the two. Kafka will be stuck with VJ. Anamuro will have to find a strong OC. If they tell a DC that if he’s named head coach he has to let VJ stay on I believe Anamuro will decline leaving Kafka as “ the guy we always wanted.”

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m at the point it doesn’t matter between the two. Kafka will be stuck with VJ. Anamuro will have to find a strong OC. If they tell a DC that if he’s named head coach he has to let VJ stay on I believe Anamuro will decline leaving Kafka as “ the guy we always wanted.”
It does matter! Imo if it’s Coach Armadillo you probably have a more than likely chance to have a defense that’s better than Blowsephs in the next 3-4 years. And also a coach that most likely can compete schematicly against the 3 teams in the NFC West, especially defensively.

We all know Blowseph is too conservative defensively & isn’t aggressive enough. His schemes are poor & they suck at the end of halves & the game on the line needing a stop. I’d rather take my chances with Armadillo & his OC (likely a Bengals Coach) than Kafka & Blowseph. If it’s Kafka it’s most likely Vance & not him with Armadillo lol

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It does matter! Imo if it’s Coach Armadillo you probably have a more than likely chance to have a defense that’s better than Blowsephs in the next 3-4 years. And also a coach that most likely can compete schematicly against the 3 teams in the NFC West, especially defensively.

We all know Blowseph is too conservative defensively & isn’t aggressive enough. His schemes are poor & they suck at the end of halves & the game on the line needing a stop. I’d rather take my chances with Armadillo & his OC (likely a Bengals Coach) than Kafka & Blowseph. If it’s Kafka it’s most likely Vance & not him with Armadillo lol
If VJ has ANY part of this franchise moving forward, anything good that has taken place is erased & Michael just reverts back to his father’s antics. Cleaning house means you get rid of the entire stench, and VJ was every bit as bad in his job as Keim & Kliff were. If VJ is on that sideline, I won’t watch any games, and I won’t root for this team again until he’s officially elsewhere ENTIRELY.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I still think the Cardinals are holding off until after the SB to have a shot at one of the Eagles coordinators. If not, the wait makes no sense. My preference is either of the Eagles guys, then Anarumo, and lastly Kafka. The only way I want to see VJ in the locker room is if he’s collecting jock straps off the floor so he can hand wash them. And I’m not sure he wouldn’t screw that up.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If VJ has ANY part of this franchise moving forward, anything good that has taken place is erased & Michael just reverts back to his father’s antics. Cleaning house means you get rid of the entire stench, and VJ was every bit as bad in his job as Keim & Kliff were. If VJ is on that sideline, I won’t watch any games, and I won’t root for this team again until he’s officially elsewhere ENTIRELY.
Yes you will…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think the Cardinals are holding off until after the SB to have a shot at one of the Eagles coordinators. If not, the wait makes no sense. My preference is either of the Eagles guys, then Anarumo, and lastly Kafka. The only way I want to see VJ in the locker room is if he’s collecting jock straps off the floor so he can hand wash them. And I’m not sure he wouldn’t screw that up.

If that was the case why not interview them in one of the earlier windows? Both have already interviewed for other jobs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If VJ stays (bleugh) why wouldn't it be the decision of the new HC?

Mike may well say Vance is a good dude and well liked, but I think he would finish that sentence with "but it's your choice".

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
At this point our options are all replacement level guys. No option on the market brings any sort of history, experience, or credibility to the job. They will both have to figure it out like every first time HC does. I believe one offers a little more hope for Kyler's development and the other a little more hope of buttoning down the franchise. I don't want to retain Vance but the Dolphins made Mike McDaniels keep Boyer for a year before they let him grab Fangio. It is embarrassing that these two were two of the last candidates we interviewed. It makes them seem like second choices which isn't really fair to either of them. It also seems like we didn't really have a good idea of who we wanted to interview from the start.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If VJ stays (bleugh) why wouldn't it be the decision of the new HC?

Mike may well say Vance is a good dude and well liked, but I think he would finish that sentence with "but it's your choice".
Sorry , but if VJ is retained along with most of his staff it certainly is going to appear as a prerequisite of getting the head coaching job. True or not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry , but if VJ is retained along with most of his staff it certainly is going to appear as a prerequisite of getting the head coaching job. True or not.

There's a weird disconnect between narratives.

On one hand this Org sucks and nobody wants to come here and on the other the new HC is so desperate to join he will accept having his coaches dictated to him.

I don't believe either of them would accept the job under those conditions. Neither of them are in a situation where it makes sense for them to leave their current job if their hands are tied with their staff. Kafka is 35 and on the ascention and it makes no sense for him to damage is credibility and Amarumo is 57 and one likely his only ever shot. I just don't see it.

Nor do I think Mike is in a position at this late stage to get away with making such demands.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lou has spent a significant amount of his NFL coaching career working with Vance Joseph. 5 years in Miami I believe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

On one hand this Org sucks and nobody wants to come here and on the other the new HC is so desperate to join he will accept having his coaches dictated to him.

I don't believe either of them would accept the job under those conditions. Neither of them are in a situation where it makes sense for them to leave their current job if their hands are tied with their staff. Kafka is 35 and on the ascention and it makes no sense for him to damage is credibility and Amarumo is 57 and one likely his only ever shot. I just don't see it.

Nor do I think Mike is in a position at this late stage to get away with making such demands.
Except these are the two coaches that no one else wanted. The young guy who may be yesterdays news next year. Has seen guys like amaruno go decades without a shot, so he’s gotta take it. And this may literally be anarumo’s onky shot so he has to take it. And as far as Mikey not being in position to make demands, he forced mccoy on wilks and he forced vance in kingsbury. Your desire to shield him at all costs makes you ignore facts.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Again I respect your opinion, but that’s your beliefs. I’m talking about the perception of the situation.
You probably can’t “ make” a Payton or Quinn accept a situation, but perhaps you can convince young guy with aspirations to be a HC.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except these are the two coaches that no one else wanted. The young guy who may be yesterdays news next year. Has seen guys like amaruno go decades without a shot, so he’s gotta take it. And this may literally be anarumo’s onky shot so he has to take it. And as far as Mikey not being in position to make demands, he forced mccoy on wilks and he forced vance in kingsbury. Your desire to shield him at all costs makes you ignore facts.
Well said.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose