Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They started the HC search while they were interviewing GM candidates. Also, Ossenfort was hired 3 weeks ago. He will likely be in place for a month before a HC is hired. This isn't normal.

Well, you tell us what's NORMAL for a new GM who has to get up-to-speed on a host of responsibilities as well as conduct a wide H-C search?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When you’ve failed multiple times at a task, fear of failure can become so overwhelming that paralysis ensues. Inaction is preferable to making another mistake.

What inaction and paralysis?

If the last interview is Friday, the Cards will have fired a GM and Coach, found a new GM and AGM and conducted a wide search to find a new HC in 34 days.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, you tell us what's NORMAL for a new GM who has to get up-to-speed on a host of responsibilities as well as conduct a wide H-C search?
The Bears hired Matt Eberflus on Jan 27 after hiring a new GM.

The Lions hired Dan Campbell on Jan 20 after hiring a new GM.

Now tell me which coaching searches were held up beyond the Super Bowl because of GM searches.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it's more related to how long the Payton crap drug out.
I'm starting to feel like some of the old faithful Cardinal fans.... Nothing is ever going to change :(

Somehow, we found lightning in a bottle with Kurt Warner and Wiz but it faded fast and boom bang bam thank you mam he's gone. The we somehow get Arians and he is a miracle worker and gets us close again. BUT NO... Bidwill and Keim kind of screw that up too!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Bears hired Matt Eberflus on Jan 27 after hiring a new GM.

The Lions hired Dan Campbell on Jan 20 after hiring a new GM.

Now tell me which coaching searches were held up beyond the Super Bowl because of GM searches.

So the new regime in AZ will have failed to meet the Jan 27th. date of dubious relevance by about two weeks.

How many candidates did the Lions and Bears interview?

As to your question, no idea.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Please... a couple of days is hardly going to make a difference, and both have probably already had conversations with coaches they want to bring in.

Do you really think those other coaches that “they have had conversations with“ will wait around if offered another job? You keep asking what will be lost by waiting, my question is what can be gained by waiting?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you really think those other coaches that “they have had conversations with“ will wait around if offered another job? You keep asking what will be lost by waiting, my question is what can be gained by waiting?

Granted, there's the possibility that one of the finalists will lose a perspective coach in the next week or so.

How likely is it?

No idea, but it would seem that MB and Monti are not overly concerned and will stick to their schedule.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The longest tenure head coach in the Cardinals 100 Year history
Jimmy Conzelman, Jim Hanifan, and Ken Whisenhunt coached the most seasons as the Cardinals's head coach at six seasons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Payton got money whipped by Denver, and I'm glad we saved the draft capital. Quinn may see himself as heir apparent in Dallas. Believing that Flores would rather be a D-C than H-C is beyond credulity. And we don't know if Cunningham was offered the GM job.
Lots of great excuses why all of them still said no to the cardinals.

Guess if it makes you feel better good for you.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What inaction and paralysis?

If the last interview is Friday, the Cards will have fired a GM and Coach, found a new GM and AGM and conducted a wide search to find a new HC in 34 days.
Do you try to pick arguments? This seems like baiting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose