Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
No. There is a narrative that everything was on the right track, which was obliterated by the 2nd half of the season/playoff game. (Which JJ rightly called a failure) Instead, MB was handing out extensions like candy, and the team was satisfied.

There was no momentum heading into the offseason, and the 2023 season was a reflection of all the problems that Kyler no longer was cleaning up. He did it in the Raiders game, but that was about it.

Camp cupcake was roundly criticized here, along with starters basically taking off the preseason. The saddest thing was that the 2022 season was celebrated as some sort of accomplishment of a goal, instead of a rude awakening that this team needed to be a hell of a lot more disciplined and prepared if they wanted to take the next step.
Gotcha. I didn't realize his comments went back to 2021 season.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing, if we hire Flores, you 100% have to give him control over his staff. Because if he's fired in two years and you don't, then he'll say he wasn't given a chance with good staff and it helps his lawsuit.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This these is fun! Can't wait for Wednesday sometime next month when we have a HC!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is the thing, if we hire Flores, you 100% have to give him control over his staff. Because if he's fired in two years and you don't, then he'll say he wasn't given a chance with good staff and it helps his lawsuit.
I'm not hiring a coach I have to walk on egg shells for. Especially when he already has pending litigation against the NFL for the same thing.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not hiring a coach I have to walk on egg shells for. Especially when he already has pending litigation against the NFL for the same thing.
Is letting him pick his staff walking on eggshells?

And for the record, I am 100% all in on Kafka!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, you can tune someone out and still give effort on the field. To me, this is what quitting on a coach looks like:

You must be registered for see images attach
We all saw Michael Bidwill and Budda calling out players for half assing it during Hard Knocks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having a legitimate conversation with you is so difficult because it is tough to determine when excuses are excuses and when they are reasons. When stats matter and when they don't. When winning % matters and when it doesn't. When a person can change and when they can't change.

Lol sure

How's this any different than me say this season was down to injuries and nobody could have got a winning record with the injuries we had? Excuse or reason?

Flores has trash rosters. The wins he had were miraculous.

I could argue similar duality of argument from you. You don't believe Kliff should be excused for the crap he had to put on the field this year but don't give Flores credit for winning with similar awful teams.

I'll remind you that for all that Miami added, Tyreek, Chubb, Armstead, Mostert, Wilson etc and the credit you give McDaniel for his handling of Tua that Flores had a better W L record his last 2 years than the Dolphins this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah...we aren't speaking the same language if you feel this postt is not inconsistent.

Its not. You apparently can't read. If you don't like it feel free not to engage.

I could do without 1000 word running arguments because I simply said I believe Caldwell would look at OC jobs now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lol sure

How's this any different than me say this season was down to injuries and nobody could have got a winning record with the injuries we had? Excuse or reason?

Flores has trash rosters. The wins he had were miraculous.

I could argue similar duality of argument from you. You don't believe Kliff should be excused for the crap he had to put on the field this year but don't give Flores credit for winning with similar awful teams.

I'll remind you that for all that Miami added, Tyreek, Chubb, Armstead, Mostert, Wilson etc and the credit you give McDaniel for his handling of Tua that Flores had a better W L record his last 2 years than the Dolphins this year.
What duality...Flores deserved to be fired and Kliff deserved to be fired.