Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns reportedly tried to get Kryie. I am glad they didn’t throw in other players. I can see why though the Nets wouldn’t take a old CP3 and older Jae in that package. This doesn’t sound like a serious offer though. More like “lets throw thi out there” to see if they bit type offer. The report is the Suns didn’t even comeback to try and improve offer.

Offered the Nets:

Chris Paul
Jae Crowder
Unspecified draft compensation in its package

This according to Haynes and Shams Charania.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns reportedly tried to get Kryie. I am glad they didn’t throw in other players. I can see why though the Nets wouldn’t take a old CP3 and older Jae in that package. This doesn’t sound like a serious offer though. More like “lets throw thi out there” to see if they bit type offer. The report is the Suns didn’t even comeback to try and improve offer.

Offered the Nets:

Chris Paul
Jae Crowder
Unspecified draft compensation in its package

This according to Haynes and Shams Charania.

If the Suns actually offered that AT ALL then they are freaking idiots. Trading for Kyrie is like wishing for terminal cancer Basketball wise. AND we’d be giving UP a pick to make it happen?!

Which is nothing to say of him also being a FLAMING BIGOT. I mean, we’re just days away from getting rid of a notorious one in the Front Office but we’d import a new one for the court?

I’ve talked about being willing to take major risks with our window closing and the league wide open, but Kyrie isn’t a risk. It’s straight up franchise suicide.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns need to use all the tools in their toolbox to be successful in the playoffs. Hopefully, Bridges and Ayton have learned to stay aggressive.
I’m still not seeing any aggression from ayton. when he actually makes a move toward the rim from the post, it will be the first time.

if he was going to stop playing soft it would have happened by now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still not seeing any aggression from ayton. when he actually makes a move toward the rim from the post, it will be the first time.

if he was going to stop playing soft it would have happened by now.
The Ayton we saw last night is enough to push us over the top if we're set elsewhere. He has all time great ability and we all know he's never going to get there but last night's version is more than enough IMO. Give me a healthy lineup of SGA (or FVV), Booker, Bridges, CamJ plus Ayton along with an average bench and we'd be in the championship hunt for several years. Maybe not the favorites, but it's a start.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Ayton we saw last night is enough to push us over the top if we're set elsewhere. He has all time great ability and we all know he's never going to get there but last night's version is more than enough IMO. Give me a healthy lineup of SGA (or FVV), Booker, Bridges, CamJ plus Ayton along with an average bench and we'd be in the championship hunt for several years. Maybe not the favorites, but it's a start.
No it isn't, he was going against 6'8 guys. When he is against dudes his size he wimps out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we are going to make a deal for Durant, I think a three way with Toronto where they get Ayton, and Nets get Siakim probably needs to be the core of it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it isn't, he was going against 6'8 guys. When he is against dudes his size he wimps out.

He’s averaging 23/13 in his seven games back. This dude is the only player in the history of this franchise who can do that and guys complain lol.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s averaging 23/13 in his seven games back. This dude is the only player in the history of this franchise who can do that and guys complain lol.
When he advances his game beyond rolls to the basket and jump shots I will stop complaining. I have given him more slack than most, but I am now at the point where I am fed up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No part of this post is accurate. They didn't have much size but they have a lot of wings with big man length plus Jalen Duren is 6'10. And size has had little to do with DA's play in the past, he's wimped out against little guys too. But in the Detroit game, he played with aggression, rebounded outside his area and played solid D.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns needs haven't changed. It's still PGOTF and power forward.

I'd settle for filling one of these needs in a trade, preferably point guard and a role playing power forward.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When he advances his game beyond rolls to the basket and jump shots I will stop complaining. I have given him more slack than most, but I am now at the point where I am fed up.

I know I know

DUNK THE BALL

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No part of this post is accurate. They didn't have much size but they have a lot of wings with big man length plus Jalen Duren is 6'10. And size has had little to do with DA's play in the past, he's wimped out against little guys too. But in the Detroit game, he played with aggression, rebounded outside his area and played solid D.
Ok, whatever. Even if everything you say is true, we are days away from him posting 8 points and 3 rebounds in a game again.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I wonder now that it's out there the Suns tried to move CP3 if this sets off a chain reaction. CP3 is going to feel like the Suns no longer want him here and is expendable. Knowing CP3's past? He isn't going to be happy about that. I wonder if the Suns have decided to move him. Period.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, whatever. Even if everything you say is true, we are days away from him posting 8 points and 3 rebounds in a game again.
It wouldn't surprise me. And that's why I was talking about our future if we could get the Detroit game version of Ayton.

Some people mature late, big guys tend to develop late, our big guy came to the game fairly late and DA has shown glimpses of greatness. But none of that means Ayton will ever consistently be what we need him to be, it just gives us a small hope for his future. If the draft were being held today, no way would that small hope be enough to warrant taking him in the top half of the draft. But he's already on our roster and not likely to draw the kind of interest we'd need to justify giving up on him. JMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns were intent on moving on from Chris Paul, this help explains the trade chatter for D’Angelo Russell.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me. And that's why I was talking about our future if we could get the Detroit game version of Ayton.

Some people mature late, big guys tend to develop late, our big guy came to the game fairly late and DA has shown glimpses of greatness. But none of that means Ayton will ever consistently be what we need him to be, it just gives us a small hope for his future. If the draft were being held today, no way would that small hope be enough to warrant taking him in the top half of the draft. But he's already on our roster and not likely to draw the kind of interest we'd need to justify giving up on him. JMO.

If that draft was held today you don’t think Ayton goes in the top 15?

Holy hell

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that draft was held today you don’t think Ayton goes in the top 15?

Holy hell
Yeah I got that wrong, I missed something pertinent when I said that. If DA was drafted 12th for example, he wouldn't have been in the conversation for a max contract. And he wouldn't be measured against the burden of that top pick. So yeah, he would still have gone somewhere in the lottery but not in the top 3 or so.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I got that wrong, I missed something pertinent when I said that. If DA was drafted 12th for example, he wouldn't have been in the conversation for a max contract. And he wouldn't be measured against the burden of that top pick. So yeah, he would still have gone somewhere in the lottery but not in the top 3 or so.

I disagree

People are so caught up on that contract and yet Myles Turner who’s been a disappointment for years just got 30 million a year. It’s just what guys get paid now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree

People are so caught up on that contract and yet Myles Turner who’s been a disappointment for years just got 30 million a year. It’s just what guys get paid now.
True. If Gobert and Turner can get that much Ayton should to I guess.

Doesn't mean it is a good use of salary cap room though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose