Just So You Know, I'm Waiting for Combine before projecting draft

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I‘ve received a couple of emails asking who I like in each round. Typically I do submit that, but this year picking now would be too early. This is an extraordinarily deep draft and I want to at least see the Combine before I commit. I will say it may be possible to even find starters or platoon guys early in round 4, which is highly unusual. If ever a team needed a deep draft, it’s these Cards. The new staff really excites me at the possibilities.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
We'll get to see just how good Ossenfort & Sears really are.

True, but I imagine next year may be a better test on how good our new GM is. Plus, the odds are very good that we will have a top 5 draft pick after next season as well.

Hopefully Kyler does well when he eventually returns and our GM isn't faced with having to potentially use a early round pick on a QB in the not too distant future.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True, but I imagine next year may be a better test on how good our new GM is. Plus, the odds are very good that we will have a top 5 draft pick after next season as well.

Hopefully Kyler does well when he eventually returns and our GM isn't faced with having to potentially use a early round pick on a QB in the not too distant future.
Keim screwed this team up so bad it's sickening, sure there's some talent there but no depth. Even our depth pieces or what was considered to be depth was injury prone. What was totally baffling to me is how he couldn't build an OL, the one position he played & should've been able to identify. Guess he was drunk the whole time he was in Arizona lol.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Keim screwed this team up so bad it's sickening, sure there's some talent there but no depth. Even our depth pieces or what was considered to be depth was injury prone. What was totally baffling to me is how he couldn't build an OL, the one position he played & should've been able to identify. Guess he was drunk the whole time he was in Arizona lol.
Actually when you really think about this, it isn't that much of a surprise. Keim had a brief stint in pro football as a free agent with the Miami Dolphins (1996) and Edmonton Eskimos (1997) of the Canadian Football League before returning to coach at N.C. State in 1998. He then signed on as a college scout in 1999 with the Cardinals.

It's not surprising that his evaluation on what is reqiuired to be a good NFL level lineman is somewhat limited.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose