POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol, I’m just shocked reading these posts.

Do you guys really not believe we’re at the very lower end of the league in terms of talent?
But Michael Bidwill said we're not that far off. :p

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL. So many people were happy to pay this freight until about 2 hours ago.

I guess his wife won’t mind the cold, huh?

Who was happy to pay it? Can the "so many people" please step forward.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This board flip flops more than John Kerry in 2004 when it doesn’t get what they want.

Who's flip flopping?

I've consistently been meh on Payton and said from the start I wouldn't trade more than a 3rd.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hilarious that people who aggressively approve of trading a first round pick for Hollywood Brown with 1 cheap year left on his contract and using a second round pick on a backup TE are so against trading a first and second for a head coach who has already turned around a previously downtrodden franchise.

Also, this was always the most likely result. The Bidwills are masters at being used for leverage.

He's the oldest HC ever traded and by far the most expensive ever by far to be traded out of retirement.

A guy who retired rather than face a rebuild isn't a guy I want to pay that much for.

What happens if it turns out Russ is cooked? Or he doesn't like Denver? Or his hot 20 year younger wife doesn't like Denver?

Would anyone here feel confident 100% ruling out Payton retiring again in 2 years?

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's the oldest HC ever traded and by far the most expensive ever to be traded out of retirement.

A guy who retired rather than face a rebuild isn't a guy I want to pay that much for.

What happens if it turns out Russ is cooked? Or he doesn't like Denver? Or his hot 20 year younger wife doesn't like Denver?

Would anyone here feel confident 100% ruling out Payton retiring again in 2 years?

That was always my fear with him to be honest, his age and going for retirement again.

What are your thoughts on Evero? He intrigues me as a DC if he gets release from Broncos

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was always my fear with him to be honest, his age and going for retirement again.

What are your thoughts on Evero? He intrigues me as a DC if he gets release from Broncos

I know little about him but I don't see enough leadership to be confident. He's well down my list.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that

That's a lot of $ for a coach

Broncos have the $ to spend

Hard to believe that MB would have coughed up that kind of $

I think Mike would pay it. I think they had an agreement in place to pay it. They always knew what he was going to cost so why spend 8 hours with him if your not willing to pay that?

I think the days between Thursday and Monday were spent trying to do a deal with the Saints and they weren't willing to give up more than Denver.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I think Mike would pay it. I think they had an agreement in place to pay it. They always knew what he was going to cost so why spend 8 hours with him if your not willing to pay that?

I think the days between Thursday and Monday were spent trying to do a deal with the Saints and they weren't willing to give up more than Denver.
This is what i think happened. I think Kyler and/or his knee did not help either. Cards cant give up their #1 in 2024 either... it will probably be a top 3 pick needed to be spent on another franchise QB cuz Kyler is not one.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He's the oldest HC ever traded and by far the most expensive ever by far to be traded out of retirement.

What happens if they are playing for the AFC Championship in 2 years? I think there's a way better chance of that happening than your scenario.
I said I'd 2 number 2's for him. Which is basically what Denver did(not much difference between 29 and 35) and got a 3rd back. Why would Loomis accept that and not the Cards deal, assuming that was on the table and should have been? If it wasn't on the table Bidwill was just wasting everyone's time.

This falls completely on Bidwill.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What happens if they are playing for the AFC Championship in 2 years? I think there's a way better chance of that happening than your scenario.
I said I'd 2 number 2's for him. Which is basically what Denver did(not much difference between 29 and 35) and got a 3rd back. Why would Loomis accept that and not the Cards deal, assuming that was on the table and should have been? If it wasn't on the table Bidwill was just wasting everyone's time.

I assume Bidwill wanted to use future picks and the Saints wanted the pick now.

Everyone was sure Russ Wilson was going to be the big change to that offense last year. They were 8th favorite in pre season superbowl odds. And look how that worked out.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I don’t think Jesus Christ, himself, could get the Broncos past the Chiefs in 2 years. The road to success is more difficult in Denver, than AZ.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Jesus Christ, himself, could get the Broncos past the Chiefs in 2 years. The road to success is more difficult in Denver, than AZ.

I don't think they pass the Chargers either. I like the coaching changes they made and I think Herbert will be more like his old self.

That's the toughest division in football.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah... kylers injury isnt a concern beyond next season. He will come back strong... the prognosis for those is very high.
Im actually hoping it gets him to focus more on the intellectual side of the game. 50 percent of the game is 100 percent mental.

Attachments

• sex panther.jpg
    sex panther.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose