Waiting to trade Crowder

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It literally can! It's a race to the most points, and if Cam J/Anouby help you get to that goal without elite rim protection, so be it.
Huh? It literally can't. If you give up 2 for every 2 you score it gets you nowhere. The Suns are proof positive of that in the last couple decades. Having offensive juggernaut teams that couldn't stop anybody.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those measurements were 5 years ago. He’s stronger now and can probably get by at the 5 in spurts depending on matchups.
You must be registered for see images attach

He would look good in a Suns uniform not to mention his defensive ability.

Bridges and Anunoby would be formidable on defense.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Huh? It literally can't. If you give up 2 for every 2 you score it gets you nowhere. The Suns are proof positive of that in the last couple decades. Having offensive juggernaut teams that couldn't stop anybody.
3>2. Welcome to the modern NBA! A stretch 4 is a much better and more realistic player in Monty's system vs whatever pipe dream rim protector will be available.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OG is 6’7?

He’s exactly what we don’t need. He’s another wing who’s not a shot creator. That line up is ultra small and it’s cool if you shoot 3s but that line up doesn’t

This team needs to 2 things

1 a ball handling shot creator. You’re kidding yourself if you think Paul is going to give you anything come playoff time.

2 a legit rebounding PF.
He could be useful propping up the bench points. We do need more scoring from the bench. However, the point about it being small ball is spot on. I don't care how long his arms are. We already have a rim protection problem. He isn't going to solve that one bit. Your point on CP3? You don't know that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
3>2. Welcome to the modern NBA! A stretch 4 is a much better and more realistic player in Monty's system vs whatever pipe dream rim protector will be available.
Or 2=2 or 3=3 (point and one). You make more twos than 3 just by averages. If it was that simple, all those offensive juggernauts we have had would have glided to titles. How did that work out?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Or 2=2 or 3=3 (point and one). You make more twos than 3 just by averages. If it was that simple, all those offensive juggernauts we have had would have glided to titles. How did that work out?
Dude, you're comparing different eras. Do you know how many 3's the Suns were averaging during the run and gun years, or even the Nash teams? There is a reason that stretch players exist, and most teams don't have traditional big men.

Keep advocating for that route though, maybe zig when everyone else is zagging?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo saying to get Annouby you would be looking at multiple firsts Crowder and Cam Johnson.

If that is the cost I say hell no. Cam Johnson is statistically a better player right now.

No way should he be in the deal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you're comparing different eras. Do you know how many 3's the Suns were averaging during the run and gun years, or even the Nash teams? There is a reason that stretch players exist, and most teams don't have traditional big men.

Keep advocating for that route though, maybe zig when everyone else is zagging?
I have no clue what you are talking about. I don't have to advocate a thing. The proof is in the number of titles we won which was ZERO. Had any of those teams been more competent defensively we would have titles. The proof is in the pudding to speak. You simply are not going to average more 3 point baskets than 2 points baskets.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no clue what you are talking about. I don't have to advocate a thing. The proof is in the number of titles we won which was ZERO. Had any of those teams been more competent defensively we would have titles. The proof is in the pudding to speak. You simply are not going to average more 3 point baskets than 2 points baskets.

You don't have to since 3>2. Golden State averages 16.4 made 3's a game compared to 26.2 made 2's. So 49.2 points a game vs 52.4 points a game. They attempt about the same of each, 43.3 attempts from 3 and 46.8 from 2. So 3 more 2's than 3's. Give it a year or two and I'm fairly certain we'll see teams average more 3pt attempts than 2's. They're the defending champs also, so it definitely leads to success.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't have to since 3>2. Golden State averages 16.4 made 3's a game compared to 26.2 made 2's. So 49.2 points a game vs 52.4 points a game. They attempt about the same of each, 43.3 attempts from 3 and 46.8 from 2. So 3 more 2's than 3's. Give it a year or two and I'm fairly certain we'll see teams average more 3pt attempts than 2's. They're the defending champs also, so it definitely leads to success.
Also 3pt shooting percentage is slowly rising every year as well.

Like it or not the 3pt shot is becoming a bigger and bigger part of the game.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is only 1 Golden State with one Curry. That doesn't even apply to most teams in the NBA. How many players in the NBA make more points from their 3's than 2? The odds simply don't stack up. If that was the case nobody would play inside for easy percentage shots. Sure there is more 3 point play now but give me Giannis dunking over 99% of the 3 points shooters every single day. Shooting more 3's doesn't translate into more wins if you don't play defense according to statistics.

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So what you guys are saying is we want guys who can score and score at a high percentage. Forget about defense. We will play little defense, try to outshoot you and just hope you miss. Like lets just take turns shooting or play horse.

I mean I get thats how the game works. You make more buckets and points than the other team.

Basically what Luka does..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what you guys are saying is we want guys who can score and score at a high percentage. Forget about defense. We will play little defense, try to outshoot you and just hope you miss.

The conversation has started to go that direction but O.G. Anunoby is a really good defensive player.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Gambo saying to get Annouby you would be looking at multiple firsts Crowder and Cam Johnson.

If that is the cost I say hell no. Cam Johnson is statistically a better player right now.

No way should he be in the deal.
Why not keep Cam and remove/lighten 1st protections or add picks?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what you guys are saying is we want guys who can score and score at a high percentage. Forget about defense. We will play little defense, try to outshoot you and just hope you miss. Like lets just take turns shooting or play horse.

I mean I get thats how the game works. You make more buckets and points than the other team.

I must have missed that part of the conversation. Good offense beats good defense and the rules favor the offense so it's reasonable to focus on offense but that doesn't mean that defense is inconsequential. I'd be thrilled with a great offensive team with a solid defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some insight from Johns Gambadoro on why the Raptors may want to trade O.G. Anunoby.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The previous two seasons, he has only played in 43 and 48 games.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must have missed that part of the conversation. Good offense beats good defense and the rules favor the offense so it's reasonable to focus on offense but that doesn't mean that defense is inconsequential. I'd be thrilled with a great offensive team with a solid defense.
Some people were arguing that hitting 3's while giving up points on the other end wasn't a big deal as long as you were hitting 3s because they were worth more than twos. The statistics don't bear that out and the Suns have had fantastic offensive teams that didn't play enough defense (we have zero titles to show for it).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some insight from Johns Gambadoro on why the Raptors may want to trade O.G. Anunoby.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The previous two seasons, he has only played in 43 and 48 games.

Yeah - and they have a glut of forwards. I understand why they are ready to move him.

I have no understanding why in the heck the Suns would think he is worth Cam Johnson and 1st rounders.

With Cam you can see he is so close to breaking out into a ridiculous shooting weapon. I get he is also somewhat injury prone, but great shooting is better than a big body.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah - and they have a glut of forwards. I understand why they are ready to move him.

I have no understanding why in the heck the Suns would think he is worth Cam Johnson and 1st rounders.

With Cam you can see he is so close to breaking out into a ridiculous shooting weapon. I get he is also somewhat injury prone, but great shooting is better than a big body.
Agreed. And OG is more injury prone than Cam

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who is suggesting that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it's unlikely the Suns would part with Cam Johnson in a trade for Anunoby.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OG wouldn't be a big enough upgrade to lose Cam J. Its pretty much a lateral and I'd rather have Cam tbh.
They don't want to pay OG 70 mil but they want Cam J who will likely earn more?
Crowder picks and maybe a player or 2 (Shamet maybe Dario) for OG and Vanvleet.
Get all our shopping done in one trip.
I don't care if the numbers work we're rich now, throw some money at it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose