Waiting to trade Crowder

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You thought he turned out better or worse? I thought he became exactly what he was supposed to be.

OG is the perfect wing to send Cam back to the bench. Monty can shrink the playoff rotation with some Point Book and all the wings should be happy.

Besides, the chances are more likely than not of one of CP3, Book or Cam dealing with more injuries and missing time. Another legit two-way guy would be huge.

I think the Raptors would want an arm and leg for Anunoby. He fits what the Suns need.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think the Raptors would want an arm and leg for Anunoby. He fits what the Suns need.
I’m just acknowledging the fit. The cost would be an lot assuming Cam isn’t involved. If he were under contract beyond 2024 I’d do the pick package but he’s not under contract which is why they’re potentially shipping him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You thought he turned out better or worse? I thought he became exactly what he was supposed to be.

OG is the perfect wing to send Cam back to the bench. Monty can shrink the playoff rotation with some Point Book and all the wings should be happy.

Besides, the chances are more likely than not of one of CP3, Book or Cam dealing with more injuries and missing time. Another legit two-way guy would be huge.
I didn't realize it till I checked him out just now but it looks like he's playing more like I had expected when he came out. So obviously Crowder and second rounders isn't getting it done. I'd want to know why he wants out of Toronto and if the reason doesn't concern us, I'd offer Crowder, Saric, Shamet and a couple of firsts for him if we can find a third team interested in any of those three players. But I doubt we'd get much traction.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do the Suns need in you opinion? Because I think they need a legit PF and another PG is secondary. If you are looking at this purely from having another scorer in the lineup OK. To me it's not a huge priority to get another SF on this team. For me it would be...yeah let's do it because it's the best we can get.

I just don't know why Toronto would do it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But OG isn’t really better than the guys we got he’s just another guy at a position we don’t need.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gives us versatility though…
You must be registered for see images attach
It doesn't unless you think he can play PF or SG. Bridges is going to get the bulk of minutes at SF and we are playing Cam J at PF along with Ayton which isn't going to shore up our play around the rim. Giving any undersized guy minutes next to Ayton? That isn't going to shore that up IMO. To me this acquisition would be more about getting someone to come off the bench when Bridges sits and get more bench points no?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Bucks offer will be there until the trade deadline.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Bucks offer will be there until the trade deadline.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So much this. This is the only thing that is going to help the Suns. Any of that other garbage is likely a push with little chance to turn into anything else. Wait until the very last minute if that nets you the best deal. Sounds like the Bucks are holding fast on their offer knowing the Suns are not getting better ones.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't unless you think he can play PF or SG. Bridges is going to get the bulk of minutes at SF and we are playing Cam J at PF along with Ayton which isn't going to shore up our play around the rim. Giving any undersized guy minutes next to Ayton? That isn't going to shore that up IMO. To me this acquisition would be more about getting someone to come off the bench when Bridges sits and get more bench points no?

I think any time you can add talent at forward, it surpasses need. Also, I think OG Anunoby has the size and defensive ability to play both forward positions.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think any time you can add talent at forward, it surpasses need. Also, I think OG Anunoby has the size and defensive ability to play both forward positions.
That's fair but I think our FC is still going to get dominated at the rim if you depend on CAM J and Anunoby as your PF.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That's fair but I think our FC is still going to get dominated at the rim if you depend on CAM J and Anunoby as your PF.
Who is going to overwhelm those two with size, and not pay for it on the other end?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is going to overwhelm those two with size, and not pay for it on the other end?
Have you seen our rim protection numbers? Scoring isn't going to help you if you can't stop anybody on the other end.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anunoby hasn't turned out like I thought he was going to but if we could send Milwaukee's offer plus a second rounder of our own to Toronto for O.G. I'd be interested. I don't know if that's enough for Toronto though.
It's not. 1st rounders - yes probably multiple would be required.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record I prefer Anunoby to Collins, but am not sure giving up more than 1 1st for either is a good idea.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not. 1st rounders - yes probably multiple would be required.
Yeah I hadn't realized he'd stepped his game up this season. Apparently they've been offered 3 firsts for him - probably from a team like us whose picks don't figure to be highly valuable but still, that means his price is going to be steep.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Scoring isn't going to help you if you can't stop anybody on the other end.
It literally can! It's a race to the most points, and if Cam J/Anouby help you get to that goal without elite rim protection, so be it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I hadn't realized he'd stepped his game up this season. Apparently they've been offered 3 firsts for him - probably from a team like us whose picks don't figure to be highly valuable but still, that means his price is going to be steep.
I don't believe anyone has actually offered 3, but they may be asking for that to see what's possible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone has actually offered 3, but they may be asking for that to see what's possible.

What concerns me a bit is that Anunoby has a player option of $19,928,571 in 2024-25. He is likely to exercise it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OG is 6’7?

He’s exactly what we don’t need. He’s another wing who’s not a shot creator. That line up is ultra small and it’s cool if you shoot 3s but that line up doesn’t

This team needs to 2 things

1 a ball handling shot creator. You’re kidding yourself if you think Paul is going to give you anything come playoff time.

2 a legit rebounding PF.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OG is 6’7?

He’s exactly what we don’t need. He’s another wing who’s not a shot creator. That line up is ultra small and it’s cool if you shoot 3s but that line up doesn’t

This team needs to 2 things

1 a ball handling shot creator. You’re kidding yourself if you think Paul is going to give you anything come playoff time.

2 a legit rebounding PF.

OG Anunoby is 6'7" and has a 7′ 2.25′ wingspan. He weighs 232 pounds.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
OG Anunoby is 6'7" and has a 7′ 2.25′ wingspan. He weighs 232 pounds.

Those measurements were 5 years ago. He’s stronger now and can probably get by at the 5 in spurts depending on matchups.
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose