For the sake of conversation…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Honestly, the best possible outcome is that the Cardinals don't win a ton of games next year, Murray comes back and plays well. In 2024 the Cardinals have good draft picks, good cap space and a core of young players that are ascending, and they are ready for big things in 2025.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the best possible outcome is that the Cardinals don't win a ton of games next year, Murray comes back and plays well. In 2024 the Cardinals have good draft picks, good cap space and a core of young players that are ascending, and they are ready for big things in 2025.
No. The best thing is they have a great draft, shrewd free agent signings, go 9-7 , make the playoffs and play well.
I know it’s not going to happen, but geez, I can’t stand the thought of another season like the last one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No. The best thing is they have a great draft, shrewd free agent signings, go 9-7 , make the playoffs and play well.
I know it’s not going to happen, but geez, I can’t stand the thought of another season like the last one.
I'm being realistic. If Murray is out for awhile, this could be a longer term fix.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
McCoy would start because he knows the offense. Certainly Blough and McSorley will be cut. If they aren’t looking to start the Cards might bring in a mentor-type like Foles or Flacco to help tutor Murray if those guys have given up ambitions of being starters. I don’t see them bringing in a QB with the desire to be the long term starter. That would be viewed as a no confidence move by Murray. Plus most veteran coaches don’t let players lose their position due to injury.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
@Harry How does McCoy know the offense when we do not have a HC or an offensive coaching staff or a playbook or a philosophy/scheme?
It would have been better if I said he knows the other players. So timing with the receivers, for example, would be solid. Most offenses have a high percentage of their plays that are common to other offenses; post patterns, down & outs, etc.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Has anyone considered that maybe the holdup is whether SP can draft they guy he wants at #3 especially now that we know Kyler may miss the year?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield.
We need to bring in someone that gives us a chance to win while Murray is not playing. I would be happy with drafting Will Levis as well. So far Murray keeps getting worse instead of better that’s why I hope they take it very seriously on the next quarterback they bring in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose