POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as a macro observation:

I wonder if the NFL league office said something to teams about the pace or timing of hiring

just so odd that relative to other years, teams are taking their sweet time, interviewing many candidates and letting 2nd interview candidates leave the building

maybe its the result of, or related to the NFL memo that pointed out how much money was burned on paying off fired HC contracts

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
I hate to break the news to you bruh, but she's right! Hahaha

My wife is good with it because she's a Bronco fan and has been ranting for weeks about how they suck.
So true haha. My wife is a Packer fan and she doesn't understand the struggle. We had a discussion one day about the amount of starting QBs the Cardinals have had since the Farve/Rodgers era. I got to Stan Gelbaugh before she told me to stop haha

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If it's not Payton, then why no mentions of other coaches getting 2nd interviews...or Cards seeking permission to interview a coach still in the playoffs?

The silence is bizarre, if it's not Payton.

Heck, even the Ravens asked permission this morning to interview Bienemy for OC, a lateral move some of us suggested he may need to make to prove he's worthy to be a HC.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd say it's a combination of his wanting a ton of organizational control mixed with the compensation required to bring him in.

I think it's something else. I don't think he wants operational control, more roster control, which is pretty standard now.

Unless he's asking for $25m a year and not a penny less.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
If it's not Payton, then why no mentions of other coaches getting 2nd interviews...or Cards seeking permission to interview a coach still in the playoffs?

The silence is bizarre, if it's not Payton.

Heck, even the Ravens asked permission this morning to interview Bienemy for OC, a lateral move some of us suggested he may need to make to prove he's worthy to be a HC.
Does anyone know how much of the front office was let go after Keim was fired? Is the scouting department and player personnel staff still in place or a complete overhaul?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson