ESPN Believes Cards Can Be a Quick Rebuild.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a cook, not a chef. People will call me that when I go over my Thanksgiving menu, and I always tell them no. Chefs turn over 50+ tables 3-5 times per night. I’m drunk once the turkey goes in the oven for 12 people. Nothing but respect for what you do.

A lot of things have been affected by COVID, and Someburros hasn’t recovered all the way yet. Their pollo fundido used to be first-class; now it’s just okay. Overcooked the last couple times I’ve had it.

Still married to SEV Sonoran-style Mexican, though. It would break my heart if Ponchos on central has fallen off. My beloved Serranos still owns (even if they killed off my Sonoran-style enchiladas).

Rio Rico on Val Vista and Guadalupe has some Shrimp Diablo that owns so hard.
No self-respecting chef chooses the oven to cook a turkey. It is about the worst way.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No self-respecting chef chooses the oven to cook a turkey. It is about the worst way.
I’m not a chef. I can’t justify using all that oil once to deep fry a turkey. Spactchcocking it on the grill is also not an option due to my wife’s preference for a “traditional” turkey.

BELIEVE ME I’ve gone through all the options. My roasted turkey is en pointe though.

Also not a chef.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not a chef. I can’t justify using all that oil once to deep fry a turkey. Spactchcocking it on the grill is also not an option due to my wife’s preference for a “traditional” turkey.

BELIEVE ME I’ve gone through all the options. My roasted turkey is en pointe though.

Also not a chef.
apparently a wuss, though!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. If I’m in DT Chandler and looking for a machaca burro I’m headed to someburros.

I’ll definitely see if I can target Isabel’s Amor sometime. Lord knows we’re at the Target on Val Vista and Warner often enough.

Isn’t Ponchos, Someburros, and Isabel’s Amor all within the same family?

I haven’t been there in a minute, but my memories of that place are extremely fond.

Also, TeePee Taproom in DT Phoenix and like 40th Street and Thomas deserves mention.
40th and Indian School.

Lots of great street taco places now on McDowell, especially between 16th St and 32nd Street. And Rosita's has always been excellent along that stretch.

Comedor Guadalajara on Central and I-17 is very good as well. Ta'Carbon on the west side (several locations) is well worth the stop.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My grandmother did, my mother did... and if you suggested they were not self-respecting you'd need serious surgery to get a spatula out of your throat. ;)
They didn't know any better.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also not a chef.
There's smoker and even sous vide are other options that are better than the oven.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Smoked or deep fried. I’m not a huge turkey fan but I’ll chow down on fried or smoked for sure. Everything is better on the smoker. Now that I’ve moved to minnesota I realize why everyone else in the US can’t wait for winter to be over so we can use our smokers again.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I just sold my Traeger never used the damn thing
I used mine often, but not allowed to have at my current apartment.

I'd smoke a pork butt every few months and any poultry I'd make. I make these smoked Sriracha honey bbq wings that are heavenly. Anyone who has tried them has legit told me that it's one of the best things they've ever tasted.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd smoke a pork butt every few months and any poultry I'd make. I make these smoked Sriracha honey bbq wings that are heavenly. Anyone who has tried them has legit told me that it's one of the best things they've ever tasted.
Wings sound absolutely amazing

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Hm… smoked wings may make my Super Bowl menu.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hate it when actors say they hate being recognised in public, or they hate doing media tours for their latest movie. Like you don't know that's a huge part of the job when you sign up to it. Nothing worse than someone that wants all the upside without the downside that it's built on. Want to be an actor but be able to go out shopping in peace? Go do Canadian TV.

If you want to be the superstar, get the big roles and make the big bucks you best be prepared to do all the things you don't really want to do too.

If you're going to be a top 3 paid NFL player and starting QB for a franchise regular media, charity work and community work comes with the job.
You just described charity work as the “downside” to being a QB. Not sure I think it’s cool to want a guy who does that stuff for the wrong reasons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose