POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Raiders aren’t doing a trade until they know who is on board and we aren’t waiting until the draft for Payton and New Orleans will want the compensation agreed to the second we try to sign Payton.

Why not?

At #3 the Raiders get either one of the three top-rated QBs or one of the two best defensive prospects. They don't have to wait to know this.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Why not?

At #3 the Raiders get either one of the three top-rated QBs or one of the two best defensive prospects. They don't have to wait to know this.

So they will do this prior to the combine, pro visits etc? I don’t see it. When is the last time a team has swapped picks outside of the #1 overall prior to the draft?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
but they also got their new, great HC after Fisher without trading steep compensation.
Ok, so Cards stay at #3 and don't get Payton...Draft Anderson, who may, or may not turn out great under the coaching of Vance Joseph...then we hope and pray in 3-4 years the Cards fire Vance and finally get a good HC?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So they will do this prior to the combine, pro visits etc? I don’t see it. When is the last time a team has swapped picks outside of the #1 overall prior to the draft?
Didn’t the 49ers do it like two years ago?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, so Cards stay at #3 and don't get Payton...Draft Anderson, who may, or may not turn out great under the coaching of Vance Joseph...then we hope and pray in 3-4 years the Cards fire Vance and finally get a good HC?
Watt, Reddick, Chandler Jones, & Golden all have had good-to-great pass-rushing seasons under Vance. Anderson won’t be the first.

But I doubt Vance will be the HC.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Well, the Broncos litterally traded a truckload of draft picks, including in the 2022 and 2023 drafts (1st's +) on March 8, 2022...well before the 2022 draft. Does that count?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Watt, Reddick, Chandler Jones, & Golden all have had good-to-great pass-rushing seasons under Vance. Anderson won’t be the first.

But I doubt Vance will be the HC.
I think the only one of the 4 you mentioned that Vance can even possibly say he coached up is Reddick. Watt, Jones and even Golden were already doing their thing...did Vance make them better???

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Well, the Broncos litterally traded a truckload of draft picks, including in the 2022 and 2023 drafts (1st's +) on March 8, 2022...well before the 2022 draft. Does that count?

Wasn’t that for Russell Wilson? Not swapping picks for picks or was that a different trade?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nah, whatever the snag was at Mile High, Payton's interview did not go well because there was friction and Payton is just playing damage control by what was getting out. Only stating this because there was a response from a former player still close to the team unnamed and some other source close to the Broncos which again stated the interview did not go well after Payton made those tweets
or denver just back pedaling to save face because SP was never going to go there anyway and he used them for leverage...
He plainly stated he wanted a warm climate team. Denver was never in the running.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

To the question: I don't know, but I do know that every team has done oodles of research on the top prospects by now.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the only one of the 4 you mentioned that Vance can even possibly say he coached up is Reddick. Watt, Jones and even Golden were already doing their thing...did Vance make them better???
I don’t think he made them worse. Age just got the best of Chandler, as you can tell with Chandler’s year in Vegas. Golden was already slow even at his peak, now he’s a snail.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im not in favor of trading the 3 pick FWIW.

If you're the 49ers would you rather have Kyle Shanahan or Nick Bosa.