THE WAY OF THE GUNN - DCU’S NEW ERA

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thank God.

I watched three minutes of that movie, fast forwarded a little… then a little more… then a little more and finally after 15 minutes of film, Black Adam finally shows up.

After five minutes of watching The Rock, I was out. When DC’s Dr. Strange (I don’t care who was first in the comics) showed up, I could only laugh at how lame that connected DC universe was.

Burn it. Burn it all to the ground, reseed and grow a new one fresh.
I wanted to like it. I really did.

But the Rock was not convincing in that role. Danny Bautista's slight shad thrown at the Rock is true....the Rock pretty much just plays the Rock in any role he's casted in.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
How DC Studios gotta be out here making decisions

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Well, this is bad news if true. It feels like it's the old DC management. Fire the actors that everyone likes but keep on Ezra who sucks as Barry Allen and no one really cares for.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There are some good things and some incredibly bad things in here.

#1. I think the HBO series sound excellent and I will watch them.

#2. We are just going to jump to Damian Wayne without Nightwing? Your favorite Robin is Damian? Literally Damian is a little butthole without Nightwing. We are going to have 2 very very different Batman movies happening concurrently?

#3. While I like the IDEA of having animated characters voiced by the same actors as their real actors that sucks for the voice actors out there. I watched What If and I never cared it wasn't Tom Holland as Spiderman. It sounded the same. It just seems very forced and honestly more likely to make the animated work worse.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

Agree.

#2. We are just going to jump to Damian Wayne without Nightwing? Your favorite Robin is Damian? Literally Damian is a little butthole without Nightwing. We are going to have 2 very very different Batman movies happening concurrently?

I think the way he framed it as the Batfamily, I think we're going to jump in with Damian as the third Robin, with Dick already Nightwing, and Jason Todd already "dead" or Red Hood. I've seen this bandied as well on Youtube. It is possible for them to exist in the shadows of Gotham without being known or met by most everyone in the DCU, just like how Batman showed up already old in the DCEU.

#3. While I like the IDEA of having animated characters voiced by the same actors as their real actors that sucks for the voice actors out there. I watched What If and I never cared it wasn't Tom Holland as Spiderman. It sounded the same. It just seems very forced and honestly more likely to make the animated work worse.

Agree.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some good things and some incredibly bad things in here.

First he said it would all be connected. Now he is saying it's all connected (except Joker, Reeve's Batman, etc. ). He also said there would not be multiple Batmans running around and now there will be. Also, sounds like he is going to use the Flash movie as a "reset" to justify letting go some of the actors because he has a very specific comic run that he wants to do. So, screw HC's Superman. Plus, the Batman Animated series proved you don't need the live action Actors to be great. Not sure what that buys us as DC fans. We care about character continuity not who is voicing them.

If he really wanted to do these "passion" projects, he could still do that because of the multiverse angle. We see that he is OK with that, or he wouldn't have let Joker and MR Batman remain. Sounds like major inconsistency.

Yeah...this is still a giant cluster.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiple Batmen continue to dilute that brand. Batman used to be an EVENT. But that’s changed over the last decade, even before this plan which will have multiple Batmen at the same time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiple Batmen continue to dilute that brand. Batman used to be an EVENT. But that’s changed over the last decade, even before this plan which will have multiple Batmen at the same time.
This definitely feels like the studio intervened because his stance changed already on that.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This definitely feels like the studio intervened because his stance changed already on that.
So more idocracy from the studios. It's really amazing how they can't get their act together on DC which should be easy to do. It's built around Batman and Superman. Only one of each and give a unified vision. Anything out side of that, like Reeves Batman, needs to be killed. I used to love Batman but after The Batman I'm started checking out.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still not over the Damian Wayne announcement. It's just like Snyders worst mistake and that was doing the Death of Superman right off. Marvel works because they build towards big things and changes. You have to build towards the third Robin and Batman's kid. That is what makes a great story arc.

If you want to do Batman and Robin, you have to tell about Batman's successes and real failures with the other Robin's first. Damian Wayne should be like Movie #3 or Movie #4 with the Robins.

First you do Death in the Family - You can start right off with introducing Dick Grayson as a young man and he falls out of favor with Batman right off and leaves to become Nightwing. Then Batman meets Jason Todd and becomes the new Robin. You introduce Talia as Batman's love interest in movie 1 so him having a kid actually makes sense.

Second is the Red Hood - You tell that story and Nightwing helps Batman solve it redeeming that start of movie 1 and setting up a Nightwing show or movie.

Then you do Damian Wayne

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I am still not over the Damian Wayne announcement. It's just like Snyders worst mistake and that was doing the Death of Superman right off. Marvel works because they build towards big things and changes. You have to build towards the third Robin and Batman's kid. That is what makes a great story arc.

If you want to do Batman and Robin, you have to tell about Batman's successes and real failures with the other Robin's first. Damian Wayne should be like Movie #3 or Movie #4 with the Robins.

First you do Death in the Family - You can start right off with introducing Dick Grayson as a young man and he falls out of favor with Batman right off and leaves to become Nightwing. Then Batman meets Jason Todd and becomes the new Robin. You introduce Talia as Batman's love interest in movie 1 so him having a kid actually makes sense.

Second is the Red Hood - You tell that story and Nightwing helps Batman solve it redeeming that start of movie 1 and setting up a Nightwing show or movie.

Then you do Damian Wayne
This is something I don't get with the studios. Even the MCU is falling into this where they're skipping decades of great material to get into the more modern books. I've love for both of them to go back to the early books and then work their way forward.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Then you do Damian Wayne
Part of the journey with Batman is his perceived failures with previous Robins. It's so stupid not to cover the others first. There is such rich story they are skipping. The reason why Batman is one of the most popular is because he doesn't have superpowers and makes a ton of mistakes over his journey that people can relate to.

You would think JG would understand that. Man....I don't know what the hell JG is doing.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

Then you do Damian Wayne

That's one thing you have to hand to Marvel: They patiently EARNED their way into their multi-billion-dollar mega-crossovers.

And you're right: This sounds more like the WB/Discovery bosses going "We want the billions NAO!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose