Kliff Fired

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Kliff has enough money, you can guarantee he is using no U-Haul if he decides to sell the house. I say decides because he has enough money to have more than just that house and Zona is a nice place. Kliff is a great guy from all accounts, has some innovative offensive ideas but is horrible at game management and cannot put his offensive ideas into a collective whole which the offensive ideas are better suited for the college game. I am not going to jump on leaderships skills because it is hard to tell with a team which for the most part never quit on him. Lastly VJ, comes across as a great guy too. Say what you will about Michael Bidwill, but him as well comes across as a very nice guy and this has to be hard on him to fire guys (yeah, hoping VJ is next) with good character removed from eating just the money... all three want to win football games, but thank you Michael for doing what you had to do so we can actually win

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nothing personal against KK, but watching that 2020 team fade from 6-3 to 8-8 and then realizing that all of his teams fade down the stretch, I lost all faith in him. When last year's squad was 10-2, I started to believe I might have been wrong and that maybe he had finally gotten his act together. However, after last year's fall I started to despise him. Not his fault--management could have shown him the door anytime. That said, I'm so damn glad that he's gone.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Houston fleeced Cleveland for Watson and Denver got fleeced for Wilson. Houston has 11 picks, including #2 & #12 overall. Denver ha no first or second round pick and a washed up QB.
I get the picks and the opportunity to shape the roster. I'm speaking on the front office. The ineptness is glaring to the point I don't see them as a preferred landing place for a coach looking for a good situation.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I get the picks and the opportunity to shape the roster. I'm speaking on the front office. The ineptness is glaring to the point I don't see them as a preferred landing place for a coach looking for a good situation.

Or...it could be an opportunity for a coach to create a legacy in a football town in a football state.

Imagine being the guy who brought that franchise out of the dregs of the NFL.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I agree that Kliff is going to find a niche as an OC and do well at it for a long time. Many failed head coaches had long careers as coordinators.

Honestly, Kliff did better than I expected. I thought we would never have a winning season with him as HC.
He did OK until Kyler went back to being Kyler. He sucked the last 3rd of last season and was never the same after his horrific effort in his first playoff game.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff is a good-great X's and O's coach. Unfortunately he rose too quick too soon. It just didn't mesh.
His staff wasn't his staff, he didn't have the connections or networking to assemble a staff. He didn't have the experience or resume/career stats for the players to respect him other than his work ethic.
Watching the tape the receivers were open, KM just couldn't execute. VJ's defense didn't do him any favors. Keim's kicker signings didn't do him any favors. Oline didn't do him any favors. Injuries and suspensions didn't do him any favors.
His play calling and game management decisions were questionable.

He would be a great addition to any offensive staff, just not head coach material at this time. I'm sure McVay/Belichick/any open college team would offer him a position on their staff.

Poor guy is now currently unemployed and has to live off his 30 million severance package.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Kliff is a good-great X's and O's coach.
Is he? For about nearly a half yesterday we saw some things that we haven’t seen all season in formations, route combinations & play calls. Then poof, I was same old same old. Was it Kliff or Turner who came up with those wrinkles? Hmmm. Name another HC/OC who lines up his star WR on the left side of a formation for around 80% of his total snaps for 3 years?

It’s hard for me to fathom that a great Xs & Os guy would have sooo many second half game struggles after defenses agjust or terrible 2nd half team season struggles & collapses for 10 consecutive seasons. I’m not buying it. Not our problem any thank goodness.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is he? For about nearly a half yesterday we saw some things that we haven’t seen all season in formations, route combinations & play calls. Then poof, I was same old same old. Was it Kliff or Turner who came up with those wrinkles? Hmmm.

It’s hard for me to fathom that a great Xs & Os guy would have sooo many second half game struggles after defenses agjust or terrible 2nd half team season struggles & collapses for 10 consecutive seasons. I’m not buying it. Not our problem any thank goodness.
I said in the game thread yesterday something about his creativity & why now lol? Haven't seen it since 2019 & we needed to lose that game. I nailed it about 5-6 games back in a thread, that he gets creative when he has less weapons & goes back to basic 10 or 11 personnel **** when he has more weapons. You gotta stay ahead using creativity with or without as many weapons, he's just too stubborn I guess lol. Oh well, not our problem anymore.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is he? For about nearly a half yesterday we saw some things that we haven’t seen all season in formations, route combinations & play calls. Then poof, I was same old same old. Was it Kliff or Turner who came up with those wrinkles? Hmmm. Name another HC/OC who lines up his star WR on the left side of a formation for around 80% of his total snaps for 3 years?

I’m right here with ya… I feel people just say he is an offensive genius and a great x and o’s guy bc that’s what he was SUPPOSE to be. He showed none of that while here. His play calling was predictable, the WR routes and movement were extremely limited to the point they too were predictable. He didn’t use players to their strengths… he didn’t change things due to team weaknesses - crap Oline, so why not roll the QB out? Why not create creative blocking schemes with to make up for this weakness?

The guy thought he was going to walk in the NFL and be the 1990 Running Rebels and outpace teams with his offense.. wear the D down. When I’m fact he did the opposite with his play calling predictability as noted by several players in interviews.

I can’t appreciate the aw shucks Kliff was a great guy, he’s a good x and o coach. There’s nothing to feel sorry for, he fleeced the Cardinals for $10s of millions never should have got the job and should have been fired long ago. He’ll be just fine in life for those emotional posters who feel need to prop him up bc they feel bad for Kliffy.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I don't think any other gm/head coach will hold anything he did here against him. They will see it as just being the Cardinals in general. It is where coaches go to fail. He will be a success somewhere else, and most of us will be wondering why he couldn't be or do that here.

And the answer is we don't seem to ever be set up for someone to succeed. Our reputation precedes us and everything we do.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QB coach or something, yes. OC? Not unless and until he rehabs his rep.
You may be right but he could be a decent NFL OC for the right organization. The HC over him would be the clock manager and make the key decisions on playing calling especially on 4th down. No argument here just feel that he was over his head on running the entire team versus just being an OC.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose