So, we're picking 3rd....

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I go back and forth on which of the 2 I prefer. Sometimes I think, even if a guy gets 1 sack per game that is still only 1 sack per game. The correct edge rusher in R2 could get you half that.

But a great DT who frees up the others around him and behind him, besides the plays he makes stopping runs up the middle, especially in goal line stands, and his own sacks and keeping the QB from stepping up into his throws, is a player that impacts every play in just about every way. We have needed a run stopper for so long, I just would find it hard not to take him over Anderson, solving so many of our weaknesses with one pick.

Besides, I think there are a few edge/olbs that are good and could be had in R2. I dont see any DT in R2 that I like at all, unless it be that Ika kid from Baylor. But I still need to see more of him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anderson has less bend / twitchyness than Miller, but is far more powerful

you watch highlights of Anderson -- its not really about beating guys around the corner to the QB. Rather he gives OTs this jolt with his hands, put them on skates and then on to the QB.

the power makes him a A+ run defender, which matters in this division

Everyone has less bend than Miller though. I honestly can't find a hole in Andersons game. Normally with these guys they are all athleticism and little technique but he's smart, great hands, great patience, great vs run. He has it all.

He could add a few more pass rush moves to his bag but that's about it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a line that lacks serious beef though...

Obviously it's situational. You don't play the same line every down and Thomas would need to add a bit of beef.

Or, more likely Thomas just stays part of the Edge rotation and you put Fotu in there or hopefully someone better.

I like Sanders and Thomas's development but that doesn't rule out Anderson at all. You need 4 good edge guys and Golden and Gardeck should be cut. In fact even if we took Anderson I still think we need more.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sanders doesn't have nearly the size to move inside. Since you used him twice, I think you meant moving Cam inside?
Yeah I think that's what he really meant. Play Thomas in more of Watts role. I'm actually pleased with the development of Sanders and Thomas. I think the Cardinals found two contributors. Add in Anderson, and the pass rush will get markedly better.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah I think that's what he really meant. Play Thomas in more of Watts role. I'm actually pleased with the development of Sanders and Thomas. I think the Cardinals found two contributors. Add in Anderson, and the pass rush will get markedly better.
They developed way more than I thought they would. Add Anderson, get us a solid few DTs, and the defensive front will start looking great.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They developed way more than I thought they would. Add Anderson, get us a solid few DTs, and the defensive front will start looking great.
Agreed. It's actually not too far off. I remember the days of Simeon and Swann where the Cardinals had a few beasts, but everyone else around them were below replacement level players. Right now, I'm confident that the Cardinals have a decent collection of supporting players and just need a stud.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. It's actually not too far off. I remember the days of Simeon and Swann where the Cardinals had a few beasts, but everyone else around them were below replacement level players. Right now, I'm confident that the Cardinals have a decent collection of supporting players and just need a stud.

A legit Edge like Anderson and a space eating DT and this line is fixed if they keep Allen.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has to so nail this pick. I hope they get a new GM/Coach combo in here fast to ensure that there is time to get this right.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Both guys are freaks physically. What I'd like to see is a mental evaluation on each and go with the stronger there. It seems like that's part of the talent scouting that Keim always skipped with how many of his 1st round picks panned out in that department.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go back and forth on which of the 2 I prefer. Sometimes I think, even if a guy gets 1 sack per game that is still only 1 sack per game. The correct edge rusher in R2 could get you half that.

But a great DT who frees up the others around him and behind him, besides the plays he makes stopping runs up the middle, especially in goal line stands, and his own sacks and keeping the QB from stepping up into his throws, is a player that impacts every play in just about every way. We have needed a run stopper for so long, I just would find it hard not to take him over Anderson, solving so many of our weaknesses with one pick.

Besides, I think there are a few edge/olbs that are good and could be had in R2. I dont see any DT in R2 that I like at all, unless it be that Ika kid from Baylor. But I still need to see more of him.
One sack per game would have been 2nd in the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He doesn't last until 3.

I think it's 50/50. There's a while to go before the outlook is settled.

I don't think anyone trades up to take him. But depending how other things plays out I can see both bears and texans drafting him.

Much depends on the Bears getting a trade package they like. The Seahawks have 2 firsts for example if they decide to move on from Geno. And what the Texans do at QB in FA.

It's going to be an interesting 3 months.

Worse case Carter will be there and I can live with that too. It would be peak Cardinals for Anderson to be there at #3 and for them to pick someone else.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's 50/50. There's a while to go before the outlook is settled.

I don't think anyone trades up to take him. But depending how other things plays out I can see both bears and texans drafting him.

Much depends on the Bears getting a trade package they like. The Seahawks have 2 firsts for example if they decide to move on from Geno. And what the Texans do at QB in FA.

It's going to be an interesting 3 months.

Worse case Carter will be there and I can live with that too. It would be peak Cardinals for Anderson to be there at #3 and for them to pick someone else.
I see it 25/75. The only way he is on the board at 3 is if both teams trade and/or select a QB. 2QBs would need 1 and 2.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know thatś a lot, so I was contrasting that quality to what an equally rated DT would do for you.
I'm with you. I am on the Carter bandwagon. Was one of the first to join.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree we take Anderson if he is there and we use the pick. But, if we get a hell of a trade offer because he is taken #1, and a team is desperate for Young or Stroud, then I think it's the best possible outcome.

Providing we don't get fleeced.
I think I'm on this bandwagon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose