So, we're picking 3rd....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don‘t honestly think this way but since you asked. Anderson is a Von Miller type player, but stronger physically. If he moves up and puts his hand on the ground, maybe Chase Young. Anderson is very talented, but this up is an Edge rich draft if you want to build a dominant defense and take 2 front end defenders you can get an Edge in round 2. He certainly will be an impact player and is well above the other Edges at this point. He would not be a bad choice. If the Bears were to take Carter, I’d trade down before taking Anderson.

I’m sure I’ll get attacked for this but Carter’s game reminds me of Warren Sapp. He has that rare ability to totally disrupt a game inside. He is the best recently at penetrating yet he anchors well against the run. He is not a 2 down player. He will draw double teams and allow for stunting and penetration by other players. He makes the other linemen better. He changes the nature of the entire line. He has to be accounted for on every play.
I would say having seen both of them play a lot in college, Anderson is more similar to Myles Garrett than Miller for sure.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would say having seen both of them play a lot in college, Anderson is more similar to Myles Garrett than Miller for sure.
No, no, no. Anderson’s biggest weakness is his bend around the edges. Garrett & Miller have sick bend. Still, Anderson should be a very good NFL player. What Anderson has is great quickness & hands.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Carter has some unreal talent. That play where he threw the guard out of his way one handed reminded me of stuff Eric Swann used to do.

As much as some people love elite interior guys, I still don't agree that they are as valuable as elite edge guys. Anderson has a damn good chance to be really special on the edge. The Cardinals have really only had one really twitchy guy like that since I've watched the team, Simeon Rice, and he still isn't as twitchy as Anderson is.
Yeah watching Carter just ragdolling SEC offensive linemen was eye popping though. If he can be that disruptive at the next I would really be torn. These two look like they’re talented multiple levels beyond anyone on our defense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol this thread. Anderson has no bend?

How much bend does Nick Bosa have? Or Maxx Crosby? Or Matthew Judon? Or Chase Young? Certainly no more than Will Anderson.

Will Anderson is going to be an elite edge guy in the NFL. He's has fantastic power, speed and hands and more than enough bend but as phycically elite as he is his best trait is his brain. A lot of young pass rushers just use their physical tools to get to the QB. Anderson has a plan, he reads the game brilliantly and he's great at stunts and twists to find a way to get home.

I think he's better than Bosa or Young coming out.

If he's there at 3 you run to the podium. Anderson changes this defense immediately. But unless there is a crazy haul offered I expect the Bears will take him at #1.

1. Will Anderson
2. Jalen Carter

If they are both gone (which they should not be) you take whatever you can in a trade back because I don't think anyone else is close to worthy of the #3. There are no Sauce Gardeners in this draft I can see.

I don't agree he''s Khalil Mack, he's better, but you need to watch this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd love these guys as our top 2 picks

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will Anderson is the best player in this draft by a hundred miles

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone trust Keim with this pick?

I don’t think anyone here does.

Lol I thought I saw something about how Keim would have his kid scout players in the draft and tell him why he would pick them just for fun. His kid made that shirt of Kliff chilling in his house.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I take Will Anderson unless Bill Davis is still here to ruin him. Then it's Carter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah watching Carter just ragdolling SEC offensive linemen was eye popping though. If he can be that disruptive at the next I would really be torn. These two look like they’re talented multiple levels beyond anyone on our defense.
Yeah but watching Anderson's technique to hold his ground against guys almost 100 pounds larger than him is amazing. The easiest route to disrupting the QB is on the edge. It's more consistent.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a tough choice.
But we have Allen, Thomas, and Sanders who are all young and showing potential.
Anderson replaces one of them..... Carter makes them all better.
You move Sanders inside to DE. Will & Myjai are your EDGEs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both Anderson and Carter could be there when Cards pick. Bears could trade down and got lots of picks for teams wanting a qb. Young and Stroud could go on picks 1 & 2.

That's my guess too I think the Colts, who won yesterday, end up trading up to 1 to get the QB of their choice, which is a total unknown now since nobody knows who's the coach or making the picks.

I figure Texans 2nd will also take a QB. So I think it's highly likely we get our choice of Anderson or Carter.

I'd take Anderson, I love Carter but I think Anderson will have the bigger impact because he's such a good pass rusher.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I‘ve done some quick asking around and I think I have the top 4 picks locked. Unless someone makes a ridiculous offer (these QBs are not that strong) the Bears trade down with Indy. Why Indy? I have it from 2 good sources, if the Bears were still at 2 they were debating between Carter and Anderson. It’s a lock Indy takes Young. Texas will take Stroud unless Levis has great workouts, but they take a QB. That means the Cards get their pick of the DLs. I‘ve mentioned some of this elsewhere but I don’t think this is a tough choice. The Cards take Carter. They could trade down, but top DTs who can penetrate are rare. You don’t pass on them. By only going down to 4, the Bears are assured of getting one of the DLs they love and a great haul of picks. They win the draft.

Just posted something similar so that's interesting that it's also a rumor.

The Bears yeah they will get a good deal from the colts to move down and wind up getting the guy at 4 they probably would have taken at 1 anyways in that scenario.

I'm fine with either Carter or Anderson. I think Will is probably better now but fine with either

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you mean, they "won" by losing?

...dave

Yeah I think if they'd won they'd be picking 7th instead of 4. Would mean they have to give up more in a trade to get up and it's unlikely they could get the #1 pick. But now at 4 it's quite possible they can get the first pick because 4 is high enough for the Bears to still get what they want.

The one unknown IMO is who the Bears actually want. Remember the guys in charge did NOT draft Justin Fields. they may want a better passing QB.

But that still doesn't hurt us.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should add, the Bears aren't the only team with a question. DO the Bears want Fields, hard to say. If you're the Colts is there one QB you want? If there is, you try and trade up with the Bears, if you're ok with any of Young or Stroud(or Levis) then you don't have to trade up unless you know the Cards are trading down so the first 3 picks are all QB's and that seems VERY unlikely to me.

The Colts could sit at 4, take the QB that falls to them and then go into next year with the new QB throwing to Pittman, Campbell and Alec Pierce(who had a nice rookie year). You have Jelani Woods at TE who had a nice rookie year too. And you have a pretty good defense. You get good QB play next year you're a potential playoff team. So if you don't HAVE to trade up stay pat and then draft an OL or two later.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its a tough choice.
But we have Allen, Thomas, and Sanders who are all young and showing potential.
Anderson replaces one of them..... Carter makes them all better.

Sanders - Allen - Lawrence - Thomas - Anderson

Or Thomas, Sanders and Anderson splitting reps depending on the situation.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Anderson is very good, but he’s no Von Miller. Lacks the bend to be great like Miller.
Anderson has less bend / twitchyness than Miller, but is far more powerful

you watch highlights of Anderson -- its not really about beating guys around the corner to the QB. Rather he gives OTs this jolt with his hands, put them on skates and then on to the QB.

the power makes him a A+ run defender, which matters in this division