Kliff Kingsbury likely out - Outkick.com

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I have said this before, but I think Keim being gone and all of the injuries, he is going to get one more year unless they pry away Payton/Harbaugh.
100% agree. I just don't see MB eating 2 of 3 contracts in year 1 of extensions, without a HUGE upgrade being in place.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For Kingsbury's likely last game, take a drink for every:

Timeout used because a play can't get in on time
A run up the middle after a long pass play
A pass behind the line of scrimmage to the side the defenders outnumber the blockers
A pass behind the sticks on third down
If down by 7 points or more, he uses more than 5 minutes on a drive
I’m going to have to go get more alcohol.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, you do what your paid for (to win football games) and you have all the job security in the world. His coaching performance is what is getting him fired. I suppose you mean "in other people's hands" people who are in charge of bringing in talent but Kliff should have some say in the guys brought in. I don't know of anyone on roster Kliff was or is against having them on the team.
I think he meant his future as coach is literally in another man’s hands - the owner who can fire him.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, you do what your paid for (to win football games) and you have all the job security in the world. His coaching performance is what is getting him fired. I suppose you mean "in other people's hands" people who are in charge of bringing in talent but Kliff should have some say in the guys brought in. I don't know of anyone on roster Kliff was or is against having them on the team.
I remember KK doing the happy dance when they drafted AI

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

No, I mean 'other person', as in Mike Bidwill.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didn't the Dolphins get penalized for speaking to Payton and Brady (tampering)? Lost draft picks and the owner was fined? Hopefully, MB has not done the same.

As far as Kliff getting fired, I'll believe it when I see it/hear about it. No one but MB knows for sure what he's going to do.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Payton is the replacement, then KK needs to be fired to even get permission to interview Payton. So keeping KK on the payroll, prevents them from even entertaining Payton.
They speak to whoever through back channels & 3rd parties. I'm sure Bidwill has already let Payton know the Cardinals are interested.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he meant his future as coach is literally in another man’s hands - the owner who can fire him.
No, I mean 'other person', as in Mike Bidwill.
Bidwill can but would he if Kliff was a successful coach? On a McVay, Carroll, Shannahan or any other good coach? Answer is no.

Kliff is a failure, he knows it and is saying he is HC until the end of the season when he expects to be fired and collect $20M.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very stupid for MB to fire KK unless he has a replacement plan in place.
No it isn't

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Out da box....

Dont fire Kliff.
Demote him.
Payton has a guy in mind for defense but what about OC?

"We as an organization and i as an owner still beleive in kliff kingsberry. So rather than lose him we decided to reduce his responsibilities and put him in position to learn the intricacies of being an nfl HC with a solid and proven mentor. We have faith in kliff and believe with some seasoning he will be an outstanding nfl coach. "

Mike releases that in the press conference.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Out da box....

Dont fire Kliff.
Demote him.
Payton has a guy in mind for defense but what about OC?

"We as an organization and i as an owner still believe in kliff kingsberry. So rather than lose him we decided to reduce his responsibilities and put him in position to learn the intricacies of being an nfl HC with a solid and proven mentor. We have faith in kliff and believe with some seasoning he will be an outstanding nfl coach. "

Mike releases that in the press conference.
So, the only situation remotely similar, that I can think of is way back when Shottenheimer got fired in Kansas City and Gunther Cunningham, who was the DC took over as HC for 2 years. It was obvious he wasn't a good replacement for Marty and was fired after the 2000 season. Now he did leave and go to the Titans for a couple of years, but then he did return to KC to be Defensive Coordinator again during Vermeil's and Herm Edwards' reigns.

Reaction score
For Kingsbury's likely last game, take a drink for every:

Timeout used because a play can't get in on time
A run up the middle after a long pass play
A pass behind the line of scrimmage to the side the defenders outnumber the blockers
A pass behind the sticks on third down
If down by 7 points or more, he uses more than 5 minutes on a drive

I don't believe this has happened since Kyler has been injured. I may be wrong.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bidwill can but would he if Kliff was a successful coach? On a McVay, Carroll, Shannahan or any other good coach? Answer is no.

Kliff is a failure, he knows it and is saying he is HC until the end of the season when he expects to be fired and collect $20M.

Not having, unlike you, the ability to read minds I'll just wait and see.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't believe this has happened since Kyler has been injured. I may be wrong.
You would be wrong. I know it happened with colt and I can’t remember if it was blough or mcsorely but we had to do it twice in one of the last two games. It wasn’t as demonstrative as when kyler did it, but it happened.