Kliff Kingsbury likely out - Outkick.com

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score

Kliff Kingsbury Likely Out With Cardinals​

Arizona Cardinals
Kliff Kingsbury is not resigning, as ESPN reported he’s thinking about, because he’s not walking away from his guaranteed salary that runs through 2027. But Kingsbury will all but certainly be fired the day after the regular-season finale, NFL sources have told OutKick.

“It’s kind of an open secret at this point,” one source said. Kingsbury has had disagreements with quarterback Kyler Murray at times this season. And he’s been unable to make enough of a difference to get his team over the hump in four losses of three points or less. Kingsbury may not be alone.

General manager Steve Keim two weeks ago stepped away for an indefinite period citing health reasons. Multiple reports have suggested this will soon be made permanent although no source confirmed this to OutKick.

The Cardinals are about to undergo a reset and the only reason Murray is likely to survive the changes is because his $230.5 million contract protects him from being cut or traded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redsz

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
FWIW Written by Armando Salguero who has covered the NFL for three decades with the Miami Herald, ESPN and Palm Beach Post. He won APSE Top 10 columnist in 2016. He is a Pro Football Hall of Fame selector and an Associated Press All-Pro voter.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK’s first play of his last game will be a WR screen. Musicians on the titanic playing in the background
If that first play was a scene from titanic it would be of KK freezing & holding on to Rose before going under lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Arizona Cardinals
Kliff Kingsbury is not resigning, as ESPN reported he’s thinking about, because he’s not walking away from his guaranteed salary that runs through 2027. But Kingsbury will all but certainly be fired the day after the regular-season finale, NFL sources have told OutKick.

“It’s kind of an open secret at this point,” one source said. Kingsbury has had disagreements with quarterback Kyler Murray at times this season. And he’s been unable to make enough of a difference to get his team over the hump in four losses of three points or less. Kingsbury may not be alone.

General manager Steve Keim two weeks ago stepped away for an indefinite period citing health reasons. Multiple reports have suggested this will soon be made permanent although no source confirmed this to OutKick.

The Cardinals are about to undergo a reset and the only reason Murray is likely to survive the changes is because his $230.5 million contract protects him from being cut or traded.
Monday can't get here fast enough.

The6

All Star
Reaction score

Arizona Cardinals

Perfect

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK’s first play of his last game will be a WR screen. Musicians on the titanic playing in the background
In due respect to Harry who wrote a wonderful piece on the attitudes of posters, I felt if I was BB after game 1 of the season, and I was signing the check for a guy who said (sic) I blame myself for the team not being prepared for the game, that would be it for KK..nuff said!!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
FWIW Written by Armando Salguero who has covered the NFL for three decades with the Miami Herald, ESPN and Palm Beach Post. He won APSE Top 10 columnist in 2016. He is a Pro Football Hall of Fame selector and an Associated Press All-Pro voter.
this is super helpful

the are sources and then there are sources. the fact that Salguero wrote this makes it more likely its the latter

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure how much money will be on the line if Bidwill fires the GM and the head coach. I’m assuming there are other coaches who have contracts that would be terminated as well. Anyone have any idea?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It would be a story if someone reported he'd be back for another season as CBS Sports did with Stefanski in Cleveland.

It is more likely than not IMO and a butt-kicking on Sunday should seal the deal.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Kingsbury's likely last game, take a drink for every:

Timeout used because a play can't get in on time
A run up the middle after a long pass play
A pass behind the line of scrimmage to the side the defenders outnumber the blockers
A pass behind the sticks on third down
If down by 7 points or more, he uses more than 5 minutes on a drive

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have said this before, but I think Keim being gone and all of the injuries, he is going to get one more year unless they pry away Payton/Harbaugh.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. It's because it's dumb to presume about your future when it's in another person's hands.
No, you do what your paid for (to win football games) and you have all the job security in the world. His coaching performance is what is getting him fired. I suppose you mean "in other people's hands" people who are in charge of bringing in talent but Kliff should have some say in the guys brought in. I don't know of anyone on roster Kliff was or is against having them on the team.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
70Very stupid for MB to fire KK unless he has a replacement plan in place.
If Payton is the replacement, then KK needs to be fired to even get permission to interview Payton. So keeping KK on the payroll, prevents them from even entertaining Payton.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose