Wk16-Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 12/18/22-12/24/22

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s how the NFC playoff picture looks heading into Week 16:

CURRENTLY IN
1. Eagles (13-1) The class of the conference.

2. Vikings (11-3) Clinched the NFC North.

3. 49ers (10-4) Clinched the NFC West.

4. Buccaneers (6-8) Someone has to win the terrible NFC South.

5. Cowboys (10-4) Clinched a playoff berth.

6. Giants (8-5-1) Sunday night’s win over the Commanders has them in excellent shape with three weeks to go.

7. Commanders (7-6-1) Sunday night’s loss to the Giants hurts, but they still have a clear path ahead of them.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
8. Seahawks (7-7) Own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Lions.

9. Lions (7-7) Playing the best football of any of the wild card contenders right now, but they’ll need some help to reach the playoffs.

10. Packers (5-8) Not giving up on the season yet, but they need to win out and get help.

11. Panthers (5-9) They own all the NFC South tiebreakers.

12. Saints (5-9) They own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Falcons.

13. Falcons (5-9) They still have a chance because the NFC South is so terrible.

NO CHANCE OF GETTING IN
14. Rams (4-9) Baker Mayfield might make the Rams games more interesting, but they’re out of playoff contention.

15. Cardinals (4-10) Mathematically eliminated.

16. Bears (3-11) Mathematically eliminated.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Cards will be up 16-10 at the 2 minute warning, but will lose 17-16.

Merry Elfing Christmas!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, I believe Bowles is the worst HC in the league.

Yes, even over Kliff & Hackett.

This game will be a nail-biter, but TB has enough talent to pull away.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC has to be vomiting just at the thought of airing Marty McSorely's Arizona Cardinals against the corpse of Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay F*ccaneers.

Was there not a way to flex this game out of a coveted Christmas night spot? We will undoubtedly give Brady his one last great moment under the Arizona Sun... or i guess moon, that night.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC has to be vomiting just at the thought of airing Marty McSorely's Arizona Cardinals against the corpse of Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay F*ccaneers.

Was there not a way to flex this game out of a coveted Christmas night spot? We will undoubtedly give Brady his one last great moment under the Arizona Sun... or i guess moon, that night.
I thought they got rid of the flex rules for Sunday night?

edit, they didn't. However the flex rules needed to be 12 days before the game. So if they didn't put in a request, it is already too late...

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Oh there's another game this week too?

Anyway, we have a thin team going into next year and I'm sure we are going to be hit with trade demands and retirements. We better field players accordingly. Protect the go-forward "core" and protect our likely outgoing assets.

In short, play the reserves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they got rid of the flex rules for Sunday night?
if so, they should have reinstated them just for this game. Serving the entire country a big fat lump of coal on Xmas just ain't kosher.

and it's the second year in a row they've made us and everyone else suffer watching the Cardinals on Xmas. What the hell gives?

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
if so, they should have reinstated them just for this game. Serving the entire country a big fat lump of coal on Xmas just ain't kosher.

and it's the second year in a row they've made us and everyone else suffer watching the Cardinals on Xmas. What the hell gives?

No they should keep it the way it is. The low ratings will mean that families are actually spending time together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave