ASU Football Recruiting 2022-23

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sucks Dillingham couldn't land Klemm, will be interesting to see if Mohns joins staff if Saguaro pipeline opens up long term. I doubt it, most kids want to leave AZ so unless ASU becomes a CFP contender and becomes a NFL factory, it will be hard to convince kids to stay.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just not a DJ fan. He played worse and worse. Some of that could be scheme but mostly it was the player imo.
QBs tend to improved dramatically in college though. If you bring him in with the idea that you're going to run a run heavy scheme where DJ gets to run a lot, he can be successful.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QBs tend to improved dramatically in college though. If you bring him in with the idea that you're going to run a run heavy scheme where DJ gets to run a lot, he can be successful.
Is Dilly’s offense run heavy? Did not watch much Oregon recently

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The frenzy of activity is dizzying. All these offers, visits, portal entries, and just general posturing, etc, are just crazy. I am going to TRY to stay off twitter and just check here periodically to see if anything good actually happened. :)
What sucks is that a team filled with all these transfers, it's hard to figure out whether ASU will be any good.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What sucks is that a team filled with all these transfers, it's hard to figure out whether ASU will be any good.
Agreed. I think this coaching staff will be able to coach players up and I hope they can do a good job of scheming game plans.

I am really pumped for what this staff can do. I was hopeful for Herm but with Dilly, I am expecting very good to great things not just hoping

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed. I think this coaching staff will be able to coach players up and I hope they can do a good job of scheming game plans.

I am really pumped for what this staff can do. I was hopeful for Herm but with Dilly, I am expecting very good to great things not just hoping
I always envisioned Herm as a guy who could build a foundation, but I always felt like he's not the guy to win the big one. If he had maybe retired after 2020 and then ASU brought in a Dillingham then, maybe ASU would have been pretty good this year.

I'm legitimately excited about this hire, but I will say that I think this is either a homerun hire or a complete strike out. Dillingham seems to be banking on Arizona prep football a lot, whereas Herm seemed to bank on SoCal football. Which area is traditionally better?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always envisioned Herm as a guy who could build a foundation, but I always felt like he's not the guy to win the big one. If he had maybe retired after 2020 and then ASU brought in a Dillingham then, maybe ASU would have been pretty good this year.

I'm legitimately excited about this hire, but I will say that I think this is either a homerun hire or a complete strike out. Dillingham seems to be banking on Arizona prep football a lot, whereas Herm seemed to bank on SoCal football. Which area is traditionally better?
Dilly has hired a coach with very deep ties to Texas…might be that NFL position coach he hired. CA is way better than AZ but the football here is getting better every year. I want a solid recruiting effort in CA and to try and keep as many players home as possible.

Define home run vs strikeout hire.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of interesting tweets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dilly has hired a coach with very deep ties to Texas…might be that NFL position coach he hired. CA is way better than AZ but the football here is getting better every year. I want a solid recruiting effort in CA and to try and keep as many players home as possible.

Define home run vs strikeout hire.
I think a home run coach is a consistent 8 win type coach over the long haul.

Strike out? Gone in 3 years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No surprise or downside for ASU here, good look to him

Emory is an OK player. I think if he ended up going to a school that had all of the supporting cast around him, he could be a solid starter. He struggles when he has to the be guy making all of the plays. Not a bad QB, just not a special one.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am actually good with TB starting for another year as Izzy develops. He has one of the quickest releases in college football and is extremely intelligent in his decision making. I think with last year under his belt, the new coaching staff can put him in a position where he can excel. We already know that he can get the ball down field and has great touch on his passes that look really easy to catch. Hell, if I could get open, which is pretty questionable right now, I could catch those passes.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if KD pulls a recruiting coup and brings in another QB that is going to upset the applecart.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's getting hard to keep up. Former Chandler High School star linebacker Tate Romney will transfer to ASU.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose