S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Count me out on taking a RB in round one. Round two? Maybe, but that's a stretch as well.

I'll be looking at WR, OL, DT, and DE in no order. CB also, but I think if Vance is here, it's a bit of a waste.
OL. Been watching the Chargers, and they have two stud OL over the last two drafts. Unfortunately one got hurt this year. But when they were both in earlier, they were moving the pile!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dont want a RB in first round but would consider Gibbs from Alabama in 2-3 range. We do not have a HR threat at the RB position.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't know his name or what year he's in but I like the RB North Carolina#21. I only saw him yesterday but he looked pretty good.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
The rookie RB walker 2 TD. He was pretty much best player in the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't like 1st round RB but I have to say this game I kept saying it, the difference in teh game offensively was really that Seattle can run the ball with their RB's and we can't.

Conner runs hard and had some nice plays today but he had 19 yards rushing until the 2nd to last drive of the game where they were in prevent and we took 14 plays to go 75 yards. he got 26 yards rushing on that drive against a defense playing the pass exclusively.

I think it's been pretty apparent this year our offense for the most part is better with Conner not the #1 RB. short yardage he's the guy, but we've been better offensively with Eno than him at RB IMO. Eno has a better YPC running and catching and you see several plays today where Conner's lack of speed and quickness killed a play. He's definitely got a role but we massively overpaid for him.

So if there's a RB out there it would be tempting. But I'm more inclined to go for a guy a bit later. I think a kid like Devon Achane not in the first round would be fascinating in the NFL I know he's small but the kid is going to likely run a sub 4.3, he's a legit sprinter, reminds me quite a bit of former NFL star Chris Johnson, he's smaller but has that same speed and he's not a straight line one speed guy. I've seen him rated as high as the 3rd best RB I don't know how that equates to round

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Connor may be a pro bowl type FB going forward. Robinson had over 200 yards Sat.
Robison may have been the best player in the game today vs Hawks other than D-HOP. Where a player is picked does not matter as much after the draft.

Budda was a 2nd rd pick but his play is borderline hall of fame. What if he was picked 3rd or 5th overall fans would have said at that time, he was a horrible pick that high. My concern is not what round a player is picked but more so how much will he help the team win.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Connor may be a pro bowl type FB going forward. Robinson had over 200 yards Sat.
Robison may have been the best player in the game today vs Hawks other than D-HOP. Where a player is picked does not matter as much after the draft.

Budda was a 2nd rd pick but his play is borderline hall of fame. What if he was picked 3rd or 5th overall fans would have said at that time, he was a horrible pick that high. My concern is not what round a player is picked but more so how much will he help the team win.

My point is you don't want to pick a guy earlier than you need to. The reason RB's in the high first round don't happen often anymore is length of career and especially peak career. I'm not saying he'd be a bad pick I'm just saying if I had my preference I'd take an impact OL, DL, or CB in the first round and consider a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. THat's why I mentioned Achane I think with his size he may last until the 2nd round, maybe later I don't know, but I think he's got a chance to be a star in the NFL and would be a very interesting fit in our offense.

Of course I hope our offense is something else next year led by someone else.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
could he help the Cardinals: yes!. I think he would give the offense a missing element it desperately needs

right now: they look to be drafting around 15. Its just too high in a draft where a very good pass rushing or corner prospect will be there.

now: maybe the team only wins a couple more games and they end up at 7 or 8. They trade down a few times, bank extra 2nds / 3rds and take him at 22 or so. I guess that would be okay

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
A cb or pass rusher will help us in games. Robinson will help WIN games.
He may be 3rd or so best player on the team next yr if drafted. I really don't care about draft value once the draft is over.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
With Eno and Ward being cut hopefully they are making moves for Payton to draft Robinson.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Robinson is on pace to have a 2000-yard season. D-hop Hollywood Kyler and Robinson have pro bowl talent. How do you stop them if Kliff is not calling plays.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Robinson is on pace to have a 2000-yard season. D-hop Hollywood Kyler and Robinson have pro bowl talent. How do you stop them if Kliff is not calling plays.
By hitting him behind the line of scrimmage

It really does come back to the Levi Brown vs. Adrian Peterson argument. We are in desperate need of OL, but Robinson is an obvious star that should be available when we pick.

Are we even sure Robinson goes in the 1st? Kenneth Walker had just as good a season as Bijan last year and he fell to pick 41.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
By hitting him behind the line of scrimmage

It really does come back to the Levi Brown vs. Adrian Peterson argument. We are in desperate need of OL, but Robinson is an obvious star that should be available when we pick.

Are we even sure Robinson goes in the 1st? Kenneth Walker had just as good a season as Bijan last year and he fell to pick 41.
If he is going to be a star draft him first chance you get. I doubt he makes it past ravens or bills.
After the start of next season and he is top 5 or 7 in rushing do you care where Cards drafted him. I would draft Budda in the first 5 picks a Safety is not valued that high. With the linebackers having to help with Brown Hop and Moore over the middle there will be running lanes. He has been one of the best backs ever on both levels he played at and that was VS a stacked box to designed to stop him.

Last edited:

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bijan is as close to a sure thing perrenial top RB as it gets and I would be thrilled if Keim selected him over the usual small school team captain who never played the position we're drafting him for.

I would then use the entire rest of the draft and free agency for the trenches.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he is going to be a star draft him first chance you get. I doubt he makes it past ravens or bills.
After the start of next season and he is top 5 or 7 in rushing do you care where Cards drafted him. I would draft Budda in the first 5 picks a Safety is not valued that high. With the linebackers having to help with Brown Hop and Moore over the middle there will be running lanes. He has been one of the best backs ever on both levels he played at and that was VS a stacked box to designed to stop him.
I agree with you 100%

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He was playing Kansas. It is impressive but means nothing towards the NFL or him being a 1st round pick.
I think Robison is a first round quality pick, not in the top ten due to the position, but he is freaky good and should be highly productive. The Cardinals' problem is they do not have the luxury of going running back because they lack in the trenches. The Cardinals have to go stud DT/NT if there is one, unless they trade back and then take a guard for position value

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Najee Harris was a sure thing. He's bigger than Bijan and Najee ran a 4.45 40yd dash while Bijan runs anywhee between 4.45 and 4.7. I think Bijan is a hell of a back, but IMO, Najee, who I thought waas a can't miss prospect was drafted toward the later part of the 1st round and hasn't been really special since playing with the Steelers.

FWIW - I just looked up the 2020 stats for Najee vs the 2022 stats for Bijan - they are eerily identical - within 3 yards and Najee had 10 more TDs. ( I know Bijan has a bowl game left)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I thought Najee Harris was a sure thing. He's bigger than Bijan and Najee ran a 4.45 40yd dash while Bijan runs anywhee between 4.45 and 4.7. I think Bijan is a hell of a back, but IMO, Najee, who I thought waas a can't miss prospect was drafted toward the later part of the 1st round and hasn't been really special since playing with the Steelers.

FWIW - I just looked up the 2020 stats for Najee vs the 2022 stats for Bijan - they are eerily identical - within 3 yards and Najee had 10 more TDs. ( I know Bijan has a bowl game left)
You also can't be gun shy drafting talent because of the disappointments because there are also the successes, maybe Bijan has a different mentality than Najee which the stats do not reveal

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You also can't be gun shy drafting talent because of the disappointments because there are also the successes, maybe Bijan has a different mentality than Najee which the stats do not reveal
Agreed 100%. But I think one of the most important things is that we need to protect Kyler and stop the run. I love Bijan as I absolutely love TX rbs stemming back from Earl Campbell (my favorite player of all time) but we need to get nasty in the trenches. Is Bijan the next Adrian Peterson? I don't know. But if we'd draft Bijan in the first and address the lines with the rest of the draft and FA, I would be fine with that too.