Suns @ Kings Monday game thread 11-28-2022

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Booker absolutely ran the two man game with Ayton multiple times and I am pretty sure assisted on at least two of Ayton's 8 FGs in that manner.

To say it doesn't exist without Paul is simply making stuff up to fit a narrative.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seemed like Ayton dominated the boards more than the stats show. I think the Suns could have done a better job of feeding him the ball.

It was a game of runs and I was fatigued from just watching the game.
Sabonis is listed at 7-1, but Ayton looks taller. How is that?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game thread is hilarious when he is having an epic game and just hated on the whole time.

I don’t think this was one of his better games at all. We seen the good and bad Booker tonight. He went full hero mode and was dead tired in the 4th and he tried his hardest to shoot us out of the game

We won cause Lee came in and was on fire. By the 4th he had no legs. The stretch where he missed 3 shots in a row including two lay ups you could see his legs were gone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They used a 3/4 court press followed by a hard double to get the ball out of his hands. Basically the rest of the team was 4 on 3 and just had to hit wide open jumpers.

The Suns burned them and Booker still got his points (44).

With Payne having an off game, I thought the Suns might wear Booker out. He was on fire. Some of his misses were due to fatigue.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also Booker absolutely ran the two man game with Ayton multiple times and I am pretty sure assisted on at least two of Ayton's 8 FGs in that manner.

To say it doesn't exist without Paul is simply making stuff up to fit a narrative.

Oh ok. Yeah I’m seeing a ton of alley oops and mid range jump shots just like last year with our big men involved

Your right. Totally the same offense

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think this was one of his better games at all. We seen the good and bad Booker tonight. He went full hero mode and was dead tired in the 4th and he tried his hardest to shoot us out of the game

We won cause Lee came in and was on fire. By the 4th he had no legs. The stretch where he missed 3 shots in a row including two lay ups you could see his legs were gone.

Again hilariously poor take.

We won because the Kings double and triple teamed Booker, leaving Lee with absolute wide open 3's.

That's the literal game tape.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8:46 Cameron Payne enters the game for Devin Booker 100 94
8:46 Jock Landale makes free throw 2 of 2 101 94
8:31 Mikal Bridges blocks Malik Monk 's 4-foot driving layup 101 94
8:27 Damion Lee defensive rebound 101 94
8:20 Damion Lee out of bounds bad pass turnover 101 94
8:07 Davion Mitchell misses two point shot 101 94
8:03 Damion Lee defensive rebound 101 94
7:46 Domantas Sabonis blocks Cameron Payne 's 2-foot two point shot 101 94
7:43 Terence Davis defensive rebound 101 94
7:43 Damion Lee shooting foul 101 94
7:43 Davion Mitchell makes free throw 1 of 2 101 95
7:43 Kevin Huerter enters the game for Terence Davis 101 95
7:43 Harrison Barnes enters the game for Keegan Murray 101 95
7:43 Deandre Ayton enters the game for Jock Landale 101 95
7:43 Torrey Craig enters the game for Landry Shamet 101 95
7:43 Davion Mitchell makes free throw 2 of 2 101 96
7:24 Deandre Ayton misses 9-foot two point shot 101 96
7:22 Domantas Sabonis defensive rebound 101 96
7:17 Malik Monk makes two point shot 101 98
7:08 Mikal Bridges out of bounds lost ball turnover 101 98
6:55 Domantas Sabonis makes dunk (Kevin Huerter assists) 101 100
6:55 Suns Full timeout 101 100

They scored 1 point in 2 minutes that Booker sat and had their 6 point lead dwindle to 1

From that moment forward:

Booker is:

6 points, 2 assists, 1 steal 1 turnover and the Suns +4

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the aggression was there, if you go watch some of the highlights, especially the clips of Booker attacking inside, Ayton was right there, setting himself up in great position for easy baskets at the rim.

Booker played a great game, but there were several really difficult shots (that he made), that would have been eeeeeasy baskets if he'd dumped the ball off.

I was really hoping for a monster game from Ayton, a 3rd in a row from him would be unprecedented, but he did play well, he set hard screens, played good defense... did have a couple of his moments where he kind of gently lowers the ball into the hoop instead of slamming it, but overall he had a really strong game and was the main factor in us beating a good rebounding team on the glass.

During Ayton's 6 game resurgence we've won the rebounding battle 5 nights, several times by a wide margin. Good stuff... please o' Gods of Basketball, let it continue.

Such an odd conundrum... to want a center to be more selfish and demand the ball more.

I agree, the Suns could have found Ayton more.

He had had a dominate night rebounding and could have done the same offensively.

It was one of those nights tailor-made for Booker to go off. The only thing that stopped Booker was fatigue.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8:46 Cameron Payne enters the game for Devin Booker 100 94
8:46 Jock Landale makes free throw 2 of 2 101 94
8:31 Mikal Bridges blocks Malik Monk 's 4-foot driving layup 101 94
8:27 Damion Lee defensive rebound 101 94
8:20 Damion Lee out of bounds bad pass turnover 101 94
8:07 Davion Mitchell misses two point shot 101 94
8:03 Damion Lee defensive rebound 101 94
7:46 Domantas Sabonis blocks Cameron Payne 's 2-foot two point shot 101 94
7:43 Terence Davis defensive rebound 101 94
7:43 Damion Lee shooting foul 101 94
7:43 Davion Mitchell makes free throw 1 of 2 101 95
7:43 Kevin Huerter enters the game for Terence Davis 101 95
7:43 Harrison Barnes enters the game for Keegan Murray 101 95
7:43 Deandre Ayton enters the game for Jock Landale 101 95
7:43 Torrey Craig enters the game for Landry Shamet 101 95
7:43 Davion Mitchell makes free throw 2 of 2 101 96
7:24 Deandre Ayton misses 9-foot two point shot 101 96
7:22 Domantas Sabonis defensive rebound 101 96
7:17 Malik Monk makes two point shot 101 98
7:08 Mikal Bridges out of bounds lost ball turnover 101 98
6:55 Domantas Sabonis makes dunk (Kevin Huerter assists) 101 100
6:55 Suns Full timeout 101 100

They scored 1 point in 2 minutes that Booker sat and had their 6 point lead dwindle to 1

From that moment forward:

Booker is:

6 points, 2 assists, 1 steal 1 turnover and the Suns +4

The Suns almost lost the game when Booker went out.

Maybe it was because Payne had an off night but the Suns couldn't afford to rest him. I think I made note of it in the game comments.

Booker missed some easy shots that were due to fatigue or he would have scored over 50 points.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
45, 17, and 7 steals? And I don't even remember that guy.
Are you talking about John Drew? Great player, could have been even better if he hadn't been plagued by cocaine addiction. Didn't make the HOF but I think being the first NBA player to receive a lifetime drug ban had a lot to do with that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help but think how good Malik Monk would have looked in a Suns uniform as a combo guard. He is the type of player the Suns need who can shoot and pass. I wish the Suns could trade for a player like him.

Of course Damion Lee was a great addition

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns almost lost the game when Booker went out.

Maybe it was because Payne had an off night but the Suns couldn't afford to rest him. I think I made note of it in the game comments.

Booker missed some easy shots that were due to fatigue or he would have scored over 50 points.

Booker has been carrying the load when the others guys are just off. His minutes are still too high for my liking, maybe 37/38 would be better. But he's been gassed in the 4th lately.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker has been carrying the load when the others guys are just off. His minutes are still too high for my liking, maybe 37/38 would be better. But he's been gassed in the 4th lately.

The Suns couldn't rest Booker in the 2nd half without losing. There were three shots I thought he missed purely from fatigue.

Somehow, the Suns need to find or develop another rotation player in the back court.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game thread is hilarious when he is having an epic game and just hated on the whole time.
Booker can be so frustrating and exciting to watch at the same time. He makes some really poor decisions, then follows it with a couple of incredible plays.

One of my frustrations with him is he goes mental when he doesn't get a call, then fouls on defense, and then throws up multiple bad shots without involving anyone else.

He had a great game, and the Suns won, but it shouldn't have been this close.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then Monty has to scheme better. It’s not Aytons job to scream for the ball. He’s there waiting for it, it’s the shooters who are locked in on jacking up threes rather than go for the easy points to halt unnecessary runs by the opponent.

He took three shots in the 2nd half. Three. He’s been the hottest player in the conference the past week. I understand Book was unconscious most of the game, but there were missed opportunities to put the game out of reach early
Exactly. Players, from Book, Payne, etc not looking for him when he was wide open, intent on taking the shot themselves.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of historical perspective:

Booker is not in the top 10 of games played as a Sun but is #7 overall in minutes

He is #6 overall in FGs made (Will pass Van Arsdale and KJ in the next month)

#2 Overall in 3 pointers (Will pass Nash in three weeks)

#5 over in FTs made (Will pass Walter Davis within a month)

#9 overall in Assists (Will pass Van Arsdale in 1-2 months and Westphal and Hornacek this season)

#6 overall in total points (Will pass Van Arsdale and Marion within 2 months)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker can be so frustrating and exciting to watch at the same time. He makes some really poor decisions, then follows it with a couple of incredible plays.

One of my frustrations with him is he goes mental when he doesn't get a call, then fouls on defense, and then throws up multiple bad shots without involving anyone else.

The only reason it was close is we missed a ton of open 3s and did a poor job guarding the pick and roll.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They need to give it to someone's favorite player. That's what matters here.

Don’t act so damn childish. You’re trying your hardest to make this something it isn’t.

Plenty of guys have pointed out Booker looked tired in the 4th. But yes I clearly have an agenda here and am just being a hater.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree, the Suns could have found Ayton more.

He had had a dominate night rebounding and could have done the same offensively.

It was one of those nights tailor-made for Booker to go off. The only thing that stopped Booker was fatigue.

No he didn’t look tired at all. Omg what a hater

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What?!?! Noooo Booker never does that. The hate is just unreal here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose