ASU Football Recruiting 2022-23

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I started a new football recruiting thread for 2022.

Arizona State gets a commitment from running back Kyson Brown.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quarterback Paul Tyson will enter the transfer portal.

Good for him, hope he finds a place he can play

Curious about what TB will do, he seemed noncommittal after the U of A game. I would like him to stick around, though I expect he will have some serious competition for the starting job...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for him, hope he finds a place he can play

Curious about what TB will do, he seemed noncommittal after the U of A game. I would like him to stick around, though I expect he will have some serious competition for the starting job...

I think Trenton Bourguet has a good chance to be the starting quarterback job next season, or at least to begin the season.

He may not have the strongest arm but he reads the defense quickly, gets the ball out on time and is pretty accurate. Also, he is an Arizona player.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Ty Thompson will transfer to ASU. Was highly rated player back in the day but hasn't had any success at ORE. Plus they got an incoming 5 star QB so Thompson may be riding bench again unless he looks elsewhere.

ORE has a few AZ kids including a couple currently committed, can Dilly flip them is the question?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Trenton Bourguet has a good chance to be the starting quarterback job next season, or at least to begin the season.

He may not have the strongest arm but he reads the defense quickly, gets the ball out on time and is pretty accurate. Also, he is an Arizona player.

We also have Izzy Carter coming in next year. He's a dual threat QB which seems to be the trend. His tape looks pretty good, I expect there will be a battle for the starting job.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also have Izzy Carter coming in next year. He's a dual threat QB which seems to be the trend. His tape looks pretty good, I expect there will be a battle for the starting job.

He's all in. Forks Up!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Would like to see see some juco or portal transfers who play linebacker, dline, and oline. I really like a lot of the skill position and secondary players we have, just need to build depth there.

Thought I saw somewhere that DE Matus going to give it a go next year, he's still recovering from knee surgery.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Ngata enters the transfer portal. I sort of expected it. He wasn't used as much as I previously thought.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Daniel Ngata enters the transfer portal. I sort of expected it. He wasn't used as much as I previously thought.

With Valladay running out of eligibility, he should have been the man next year especially if Dillingham's offense will be as explosive as he says. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Valladay running out of eligibility, he should have been the man next year especially if Dillingham's offense will be as explosive as he says. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

For some reason, Ngata was never the same player this past season as he was previously. I'm not sure why.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good luck to Ngata, hope he finds a place where he can shine. Such a solid player and hard worker.

Tevon White was very impressive in spurts this year, but I suspect some transfers will be coming in too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose