Our franchise QB

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The realistic way to approach this argument is that FAs sign with teams to win or to get paid. The best way to approach FA is to sign players to contracts they can outperform. Generally this happens when players like the environment of the team, the players on the team, and a winning culture. With Kyler playing at the level he is currently, he is not a draw because we can't win with him playing at this level. That leaves our other draw as money. Well, Kyler's contract makes it very tough to be able to pay the top dollar it takes to outbid other teams for top players.

This is the pickle we are in and how Kyler is a part of it.

This is pretty much what I'm saying. If your paying a QB top end money like Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers or even Watson they are a draw in their own right and in some ways save you money elsewhere.

If the options are Zach Wilson and $20m or Josh Allen and $18m there are a bunch of guys that will choose Josh Allen.

Were paying Kyler all the money without having that draw.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait.. So you CAN bench your high draft pick starting QB for not being accountable and not having the right attitude?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait.. So you CAN bench your high draft pick starting QB for not being accountable and not having the right attitude?

Neither their play on the field nor their attitudes are anywhere near comparable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In related comments

Funny to see Wilson benched for something Kyler has been doing for years. If only Kyler had a HC that took a strong hand with him from the start.

This is Kingsbury's biggest issue. His offense is fine. He everything else is not.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In related comments

Funny to see Wilson benched for something Kyler has been doing for years. If only Kyler had a HC that took a strong hand with him from the start.

This is Kingsbury's biggest issue. His offense is fine. He everything else is not.
Let's be real, if Zach Wilson put up numbers similar to Kyler's first 2 years he wouldn't be benched.

Wilson has shown nothing in the NFL.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
@BritCard , I don’t know if KK’s offense is fine? Won’t go that far, but everything else you called out i 100% agree with. Basically our leadership is dysfunctional at best. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's be real, if Zach Wilson put up numbers similar to Kyler's first 2 years he wouldn't be benched.

Wilson has shown nothing in the NFL.

He hasn't, but he's also 5-2 this year.

Not easy benching a 5-2 quarterback.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He hasn't, but he's also 5-2 this year.

Not easy benching a 5-2 quarterback.
LOL! Yes. His 55% completion percentage and his 6:5 TD:INT ratio (if you count his rushing and receiving TDs) are really contributing to that record.

Memes are going around comparing Wilson to Jamarcus Russell after 30 games.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL! Yes. His 55% completion percentage and his 6:5 TD:INT ratio (if you count his rushing and receiving TDs) are really contributing to that record.

Yet none of that is why he is getting benched.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And Wilson should be benched but so should Kyler

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And Wilson should be benched but so should Kyler
Kyler's demonstrated ceiling over multiple games is league MVP. Look at Zach Wilson's game log. His best passer rating is 101.1 in a game when he threw for 154 yards.

These two are not the same. You're too sharp to have to have this explained to you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler's demonstrated ceiling over multiple games is league MVP. Look at Zach Wilson's game log. His best passer rating is 101.1 in a game when he threw for 154 yards.

These two are not the same. You're too sharp to have to have this explained to you.
Pathologically unable to ever admit being wrong about anything.

Even as someone who thinks Kyler has stunk this season, making any kind of comparison between Kyler and Wilson about anything is ludicrous.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is pretty much what I'm saying. If your paying a QB top end money like Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers or even Watson they are a draw in their own right and in some ways save you money elsewhere.

If the options are Zach Wilson and $20m or Josh Allen and $18m there are a bunch of guys that will choose Josh Allen.

Were paying Kyler all the money without having that draw.
Only in your opinion, which is mostly what you post OPINION. Many players know Murray is a talent and would want to play with him over others. Not to mention people like Arizona in general for quality of life and weather compared to other places.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Only in your opinion, which is mostly what you post OPINION. Many players know Murray is a talent and would want to play with him over others. Not to mention people like Arizona in general for quality of life and weather compared to other places.
The first is true.

The second is exactly the first.

I'm not an insider, so I can't know, but it doesn't seem like Kyler would be a draw as a "I wanna play with that guy rather than the other top QBs."

Your final statement is probably our biggest draw for FAs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What their ceiling is, or has been, has no bearing on the situation.

Wilson has been poor. Kyler has been poor. He's statistically worse than his rookie season. There are reports upon reports concerned with his work rate and attitude. These things combined are benching material for me.

The thing that put Wilson over the edge was his attitude after last weeks defeat. Something not disimilar to what we have seen from Kyler numerous time.

Wilson's response to being benched was "It's a humbling experience. I will learn from this and work hard to come back better". This is exactly the right response and what I would hope to see from Kyler if we did bench him.

I realise this isn't going to happen though because this team never makes the tough decisions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pathologically unable to ever admit being wrong about anything.

Even as someone who thinks Kyler has stunk this season, making any kind of comparison between Kyler and Wilson about anything is ludicrous.

Where, even a little bit, did I compare Kyler and Wilson in any way?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I shouldn't really have to say this but everything I post, everything everyone posts, is opinion.

It's a fan discussion board.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The first is true.

The second is exactly the first.

I'm not an insider, so I can't know, but it doesn't seem like Kyler would be a draw as a "I wanna play with that guy rather than the other top QBs."

Your final statement is probably our biggest draw for FAs.
Not really JJ himself came here to play with him said as much. Sure there are a lot of players on teams without a decent QB that would rather be here, not saying they would pick him over the TOP QBs those might not even be an option for them. He is a draw more than not, players know he is talented and have seen it, doesn’t mean he’s not currently struggling.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose