Wk 11-SF 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 11/13/22-11/20/22

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
murphy and humphries are both supposed to be out the next two games?
I don't know, but nether has practiced yet this week for a trip to Mexico City. I'm assuming they are out this week. And for some reason I though next was the bye, so maybe next week then.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
I can't see us stopping their run game
I agree that this game will depend on our ability to stop or at least slow down the 49er run game. I watched the 49ers-Chargers game, and the Chargers just could not stop the run, and it eventually killed them. And it wasn't CMC or Deebo Samuels, it was Elijah Mitchell, who seemed to be gashing them 5-6 yards at a time. Garrappolo also looked surprisingly good. I think the 49ers are going to regret it next year when they let him walk.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OK so Hop has a minor hamstring injury and it looks good and it’s just a maintenance issue that he could likely play on? But Kyler has a minor hamstring issue and they need to hold him out possibly 2 weeks?

Makes sense lol

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree that this game will depend on our ability to stop or at least slow down the 49er run game. I watched the 49ers-Chargers game, and the Chargers just could not stop the run, and it eventually killed them. And it wasn't CMC or Deebo Samuels, it was Elijah Mitchell, who seemed to be gashing them 5-6 yards at a time. Garrappolo also looked surprisingly good. I think the 49ers are going to regret it next year when they let him walk.
Well, that's what us cardinals and VJ are known for, right? Stop the run. Lol

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK so Hop has a minor hamstring injury and it looks good and it’s just a maintenance issue that he could likely play on? But Kyler has a minor hamstring issue and they need to hold him out possibly 2 weeks?

Makes sense lol
I don't get it either!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Makes sense lol
I don't get it either!
Ask anyone who played sports. There are no minor hamstring injuries. A bit of overwork and that thing becomes a season ender. Also, different people, different bodies.

He naturally has really tight hamstrings.
"He's always had really tight hamstrings, but that shows because he's so explosive," Baca said. "With somebody as explosive as him, you're going to have hamstring issues just period, because you're asking a lot of your hamstring to do."

As with Rondale when you know their body types they are likely to always have issues. The key is just to try to ensure it isnt a long term deal. DHOP isnt nearly as twitchy as Kyler.

Keim doesnt factor that when he drafts such small twitchy guys though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask anyone who played sports. There are no minor hamstring injuries. A bit of overwork and that thing becomes a season ender. Also, different people, different bodies.

He naturally has really tight hamstrings.

As with Rondale when you know their body types they are likely to always have issues. The key is just to try to ensure it isnt a long term deal. DHOP isnt nearly as twitchy as Kyler.

Keim doesnt factor that when he drafts such small twitchy guys though.

Same thing so they’re willing to risk it with DHOP but not Kyler Pretty much what it boils down to…. DHOP miss practice and was put on the injury report so it’s obviously more than just being tight.

I’ve heard teams refer to many many players hamstring injuries as minor….

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Same thing so they’re willing to risk it with DHOP but not Kyler Pretty much what it boils down to…. DHOP miss practice and was put on the injury report so it’s obviously more than just being tight.

Living out here in Texas, I seem to recall that D-hop was always listed kinda sorta injured with one thing or another and in particular his hammy when with Houston and would always then play. It was pretty regular around here looking at the Texan's practice week and injury reports... hope this is pretty much the same ole same ole as that

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Living out here in Texas, I seem to recall that D-hop was always listed kinda sorta injured with one thing or another and in particular his hammy when with Houston and would always then play. It was pretty regular around here looking at the Texan's practice week and injury reports... hope this is pretty much the same ole same ole as that

Well this is his third season in Arizona how many times he been on the injury report with a hamstring I don’t recall too many???

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Gotta stop with this caveman mentality.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Makes sense lol
Because every hamstring strain described as “minor” is the same. What was the phrase you used earlier? Ignorant post?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

this is on the Rams, posted by PFT as evidence of the crazy amount of injuries the Rams have had

but the Cards meet the same stats: They have 7 offensive linemen healthy, and 4 werent with the team at the beginning of the year: Billy Price and Rashaad Coward who are starting, with Wyatt David and Max Garcia on the bench (if Max is healthy).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The 49ers are beat up enough to where I think we have a legit chance for the upset on Monday night.

It would get us to one game of .500. Still a big mountain to climb but we would have some momentum and positive energy going into the home tilt vs. the bolts. If we could some how miraculously get three wins in a row going into the bye week, we'd be 6-6 with the chance to heal up some before the home game vs. the not-so-great Patriots.

I know, I know, that a whole lot of ifs and maybes. :) But there is a path forward today that maybe wasn't there before the unexpected win vs. the Rams!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose