Our franchise QB

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What?? He has 39 combined sacks and hits.

Joe Burrow has 60.
Russ Wilson has 58.
Jalen Hurts has 40.
Geno Smith has 53.
Kirk Cousins has 58.
Mahomes has 44.
Lamar Jackson literally runs into people all game.

In fact he has one of the lowest combined sacks + hits rates in the league. Nearly every QB has been hit more.

Keep posting though. It's funny now.
Your right he should try to get hit more… moronic take, hamstring can happen to anyone especially a mobile guy that runs around a lot…

Reactions: urs

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joker. You said he gets sacked and knocked around.
He’s small goofball I don’t care if Allen gets hit more he’s huge and that’s the way HE plays, most QBs don’t like getting hit. Doesn’t take away from a tweaked hammy can sideline anyone especially when moving or running is a required strength.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Every single TV shot showed him with Hollywood. and TJ who had great seats at game said all he did was BS on the sideline with Hollywood the entire time.
And I assume he didn’t have an earpiece in listening to the play calls and doing mental reps?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And I assume he didn’t have an earpiece in listening to the play calls and doing mental reps?
We don’t know just like we don’t know what he did the entire game it’s pure conjecture. TJ while I’m sure may have noticed Kyler seriously doubt he just watched him the entire game instead of you know watching the game. Hardly a statement of any factual evidence just because he was talking with Hollywood. Injured players always congregate and hang out when not playing geesh. Just like people calling him out on not studying when you all have no idea how much he is watching film or studying it’s all speculation, and some try to provide things as fact when it’s purely their opinion.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I believe soft in the context you used was lame & isn’t like you. Delicate is a much better term, though.
This is probably the better way to describe my position on Kyler sitting yesterday. I believe in the NFL (and every sport) there is a difference between being hurt and injured. You play hurt and you don't play injured. In football, with the nature of the sport and the urgency of a short season, players, especially leaders, need to play hurt. Yes, the player is not 100% but the player can navigate the issue to still contribute. I don't believe Kyler understands this aspect of the game and sat in a game where he could and should have played. This undermines his ability to lead and appears selfish.

In the same game we had Budda Baker, a defensive player, play with a hurt leg. At the same position Josh Allen played with a bad throwing elbow. Neither were 100% buth found ways to contribute and help their team.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This is probably the better way to describe my position on Kyler sitting yesterday. I believe in the NFL (and every sport) there is a difference between being hurt and injured. You play hurt and you don't play injured. In football, with the nature of the sport and the urgency of a short season, players, especially leaders, need to play hurt. Yes, the player is not 100% but the player can navigate the issue to still contribute. I don't believe Kyler understands this aspect of the game and sat in a game where he could and should have played. This undermines his ability to lead and appears selfish.

In the same game we had Budda Baker, a defensive player, play with a hurt leg. At the same position Josh Allen played with a bad throwing elbow. Neither were 100% buth found ways to contribute and help their team.
Kyler has been demonstrably worse when dealing with nagging injuries. Yes, it would have been better from a toughness/leadership standpoint if he were out there yesterday, but considering the makeshift nature of the offensive line and the fact they have a credible backup, I'm happy that he sat.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler has been demonstrably worse when dealing with nagging injuries. Yes, it would have been better from a toughness/leadership standpoint if he were out there yesterday, but considering the makeshift nature of the offensive line and the fact they have a credible backup, I'm happy that he sat.
That is because Kyler doesn't alter his game. He doesn't adjust his style of play. Kyler might be the most entitled QB I have seen play in that he expects to be able to do what he wants, when he wants and has no answers other than blaming others when it doesn't work out. Nothing McCoy did on the field yesterday was outside of Kyler's physical scope of abilities even with a hamstring injury and yet he chose not to tough it out for his team.

If Kyler needs perfect circumstances to be able to be successful in the NFL than he never will be because his contract will never enable the team to have enough depth and playing hurt is part of the game because of the short season.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That is because Kyler doesn't alter his game. He doesn't adjust his style of play. Kyler might be the most entitled QB I have seen play in that he expects to be able to do what he wants, when he wants and has no answers other than blaming others when it doesn't work out. Nothing McCoy did on the field yesterday was outside of Kyler's physical scope of abilities even with a hamstring injury and yet he chose not to tough it out for his team.

If Kyler needs perfect circumstances to be able to be successful in the NFL than he never will be because his contract will never enable the team to have enough depth and playing hurt is part of the game because of the short season.
You're right, but your answer depresses me. Kyler's fragility continues to be an issue, and he just isn't progressing. On top of that, his attitude is pretty crap. Not good times!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok they beat one hood team lol they still have an extremely weak schedule so again big deal. And the Vikings are a pretender as well we suck and should have beat them… they are comparable to the Giants some how’s some way just winning games but hardly dominate.
LOL! That's my point! EVERYONE has a weak schedule! There will be two wild cards coming from the NFC East, and then whomever can scrape together some semblance of a season together from the craptastic teams left, will claim that last spot. That actually includes us! And I wouldn't go so far as to say Vikings are pretenders although to your point, we definitely should have beaten those clowns. That win in Buffalo was impressive and resilient. Those are the type of games that make up the remnants of special years if you can manage to win it all.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How do you know if he’s hurt or injured? How do I know? How does anyone know? We don’t know his body. We gotta stop acting like we know these dudes’ bodies more than they do.

Josh Allen is a relatively poor example. He played awful yesterday & you can tell the injury is effecting his physical & mental state. I don’t care about toughness points if you’re more of a liability than a positive asset.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a grip who’s defending who? I have said as much as Murray is playing like crap, that doesn’t mean Colt is better. Let Kyler sit I don’t care let’s ride with McCoy he won’t last a few games at most **** he almost was gone today. Wait till he has to play a team that has game planned for him and isn’t mailing it in like the Rams today! Some of you are delusional that Colt did something special today. He benefited from a sorry QB on the other side that couldn’t do anything, a coherent game plan that we haven’t really seen all year with a commitment to balance instead of being behind the sticks all game. Lots of stuff was different today didn’t have endless false starts and nonsense digging us into holes. **** AJ the corpse even caught the ball today! They showed up and executed simple stuff bravo, happy for the win anytime to beat the rams. But some of you just so eager to say see I told you Kyler is the problem, it’s just nonsense!
I mentioned this (below) in another thread and you planting the flag in this argument just doesn't make sense.
So... let me get this right...

The offense that we have been running and tailor fit for Kyler for the past 4 years isn't the same offense that Kliff just threw together in a few days.... to have Colt succeed?

Your argument isn't helping your case, man.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mentioned this (below) in another thread and you planting the flag in this argument just doesn't make sense.
What is so hard to understand? They made a commitment to actually run and mix up the play calling, Connor 21 runs. Not once ALL season has that happened until yesterday. If you don’t think that matters or isn’t different than ALL season Long not sure what to tell you! How many third and longs did we face yesterday compared to normal? Getting a few yards here and there on the runs make a huge difference. Again ZERO times all season have we shown a commitment to run our featured back 20+ carries, NONE! But guess that’s normal for you guys saying it was the same game plan lol whatever…

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is so hard to understand? They made a commitment to actually run and mix up the play calling, Connor 21 runs. Not once ALL season has that happened until yesterday. If you don’t think that matters or isn’t different than ALL season Long not sure what to tell you! How many third and longs did we face yesterday compared to normal? Getting a few yards here and there on the runs make a huge difference. Again ZERO times all season have we shown a commitment to run our featured back 20+ carries, NONE! But guess that’s normal for you guys saying it was the same game plan lol whatever…

Context… we started the game with 11 straight passes and didn’t really start running till the second half with a lead. As @Russ Smith has already pointed out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They ran because they weren't behind.

When Kyler plays we are behind.

Not helping your argument here.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Context… we started the game with 11 straight passes and didn’t really start running till the second half with a lead. As @Russ Smith has already pointed out.
First 11 so what that was to catch them off gaurd. Still had more committed run game plan than all season period. It’s not my opinion it’s fact NO back on this team has gotten that in any game this season! But sure it didn’t affect anything lol…

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First 11 so what that was to catch them off gaurd. Still had more committed run game plan than all season period. It’s not my opinion it’s fact NO back on this team has gotten that in any game this season! But sure it didn’t affect anything lol…

Lol context of game. How many games did we have the lead in this year? I’ll wait? That changes everything. Lol smh

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol context of game. How many games did we have the lead in this year? I’ll wait? That changes everything. Lol smh
We were behind as usual after the first drive but in this game he didn’t totally abandon the run, why is this hard to see? **** we go down 7-0 against most teams and Kliff just starts slinging it and goes 3 and out over and over and over. We always abandon it to early like you have 3 qtrs left but he does, either that or he starts running late when we actually shouldn’t be. Come on you’ve all watched the damn games you see the same head scratching play calls. Geesh never mind Colt is a god among mere mortals…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We were behind as usual after the first drive but in this game he didn’t totally abandon the run, why is this hard to see? **** we go down 7-0 against most teams and Kliff just starts slinging it and goes 3 and out over and over and over. We always abandon it to early like you have 3 qtrs left but he does, either that or he starts running late when we actually shouldn’t be. Come on you’ve all watched the damn games you see the same head scratching play calls. Geesh never mind Colt is a god among mere mortals…
We were winning when we went heavy run. Context matters.