Monty…

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh look. 4 of the 5 bully boys have shown up on queue

the cold hard truth is that you are 1tinsoldier-haters because i have been absolutely right about the few, but important flaws in Booker's game for 4 years, and the only reason i keep posting about them is that he keeps repeating them, unfortunately proving me right each time

just like some keep complaining that Ayton is not aggressive enough
why do they keep repeating the criticism and picking on him?
not because he must have "kicked their dog"
BECAUSE HE STILL PLAYS SOFT TOO OFTEN

i get your fanboy pain, and how it makes you want to hurt me
that's how bully boys handle their pain

my favorite Suns player is Chris Paul because he's a smart, team player
but though i absolutely feel that he's been unfairly dissed on this forum
especially lately
i never once cried about it or tried to silence or bully anyone about it
like a clique of mean-girls in grade school

yes, Sarver was the bully at the top running the Suns
and my little experiment shined some light on how bully's operate here as well in their little hyena pack
LOL-ing together
the same bullys did manage to drive quite a few other original thinkers off this forum
and it was always just a matter of time before you pushed me out
you have in the past, and i came back and just stopped responding to the attacks
but today could be the day...
i'll think about it
i don't really want to give the mean-girls the satisfaction
So still deflecting is the choice.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, maaaybe 6
but, as you well know, the few who say it once will never stop repeating it over and over
like a true, vengeful troll
looking for any attack opening in any observation you make from that day on

i'm truly sorry for your pain and that i may have added to it
that was never my intent and i wish you well
but whether i continue to post here or not
i will never aknowledge you again

Lol you have said you're never posting here again more times than you've bashed Booker. It's quite amusing.

I'm fine with you critiquing his game, we all do that. What you do though is complain about some perceived weakness in his game at the worst possible times. By that I generally mean during a winning streak or after Booker carries this team to a win. Kind of like how you started complaining about Monty during a hot start to this season. That's right though, the Suns should be undefeated or at least 8-1 because losing to Portland twice is inexcusable. I thought you liked Portland though, I mean you talked about trading Booker for Lillard in the midst of our finals run 2 years back. As I recall you said Booker would never take this team that far yet he did, at 23 years old.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i promise to satisfy the haters this time and depart like a slew of other posters pushed out by the silencers for keeping things real. In the end, even not replying and minding my own business proved impossible.

(warning Caro, this will waste your time too. so skip it, sit back, and drink the kool-aid of the mean-girls and LOL like you're one of them, but you're not)

it's a shame a good forum is spoiled by a few so insecure that valid sports criticism would cause such resentment and drive them to harass another Suns fan who has donated a lot of time & content to this site. (in fact, my ritual was to revisit/edit my posts after a few minutes after checking to see if it sounded interesting and accurate)

Note to the Admin: competing for members in this new age of social media takes more intervention than a bad-word's filter. This forum has lost too many good, decent contributors to the same clique of silencers who too often choose to nurse their delicate egos and bully rather than debate the merits of points raised.

let the record show, the venom starting with 1 of the 5 going to war over criticism of Coach Igor. Then, Booker became untouchable by the 5, even though it's IMPOSSIBLE for an HONEST fan to not critique the guy who the Suns revolve around every night. Doesn't matter how many times i compliment Booker and Monty overall, the 5 seem to insist i preface every post with one (btw, my compliment to criticism ratio on Monty has easily been 3 to 1 positive, but who's counting? the thought police)

yes, i know people hate know-it-alls and i've been right too often for my own good
i'll throw in 2 as a bonus --
1. Booker is going to pull a hamstring, again, by forcing things.
2. the post-Paul Suns will fall short because Booker will be paid and treated like Batman, even though he is Robin. We won't be able to afford a real Batman.
Chris raised Devin's bb IQ, but not far enough)

and, btw, i did not "want to trade Booker for Lillard" - i said Lillard was the better player at that time but Booker was more valuable. I said Booker's mental mistakes would cost us dearly, and they did. And i'm delighted to have only lost 2 games, but i dared mention what others often have, that Monty's weakness is his limited game adjustments -- oops.

and, btw, i like Booker, a lot. And Monty more. Ayton and the rest too. And i defended the Suns after 1 or 2 of the 5 turned their hatred on the whole team at the end of last season!

so, no, i won't be back this time. Frankly, thanks to the 5 henchmen, the thought of posting here again turns my stomach now

sad that the mean-spirited bully's have won again today
-- and perhaps, bizarrely and TRAGICALLY,
they will win tomorrow across this country

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to throw out minor criticisms, as you say everyone else here does, then maybe do it where others do, like game threads when the point you're making is more in line with what's transpiring currently. Instead you post thousand word essays in old threads that you bump and claim you're doing what everyone else is doing, which is flat out false.

Dude this all started because I thought calling out Monty so early in the season and after what the team has done so far, in the way you did was ridiculous. I said as much and that your ammunition was weak but rather than back up your perspective you decided to play the victim, again, as usual. You made this into a personal thing between us rather than defend your views. That happens often, not just when I'm involved but you do it with others as well. You can't debate anything, even when you open the discussion. You turn it into a personal thing while painting yourself as the victim of some sort of bullying. You aren't a victim and were not bullied. The only person calling anyone names is you with labeling people as "mean girls, thought police, bullies, cliques, etc". It's nuts.

It doesn't seem you are here for discussions, you just want to post long diatribes and have praise heaped upon you if it turns out anything you predict ends up being correct but god forbid anyone mention anything you get wrong. This is a board for discussions though, it's not a one way thing. When you make a post then others can and will respond whether they agree or disagree with what you said. Be ready to back your views up and if you can't then maybe don't post them here. Like I've said, start a blog. Be sure to shut off the comment section though.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
i promise to satisfy the haters this time and depart like a slew of other posters pushed out by the silencers for keeping things real. In the end, even not replying and minding my own business proved impossible.

(warning Caro, this will waste your time too. so skip it, sit back, and drink the kool-aid of the mean-girls and LOL like you're one of them, but you're not)

it's a shame a good forum is spoiled by a few so insecure that valid sports criticism would cause such resentment and drive them to harass another Suns fan who has donated a lot of time & content to this site. (in fact, my ritual was to revisit/edit my posts after a few minutes after checking to see if it sounded interesting and accurate)

Note to the Admin: competing for members in this new age of social media takes more intervention than a bad-word's filter. This forum has lost too many good, decent contributors to the same clique of silencers who too often choose to nurse their delicate egos and bully rather than debate the merits of points raised.

let the record show, the venom starting with 1 of the 5 going to war over criticism of Coach Igor. Then, Booker became untouchable by the 5, even though it's IMPOSSIBLE for an HONEST fan to not critique the guy who the Suns revolve around every night. Doesn't matter how many times i compliment Booker and Monty overall, the 5 seem to insist i preface every post with one (btw, my compliment to criticism ratio on Monty has easily been 3 to 1 positive, but who's counting? the thought police)

yes, i know people hate know-it-alls and i've been right too often for my own good
i'll throw in 2 as a bonus --
1. Booker is going to pull a hamstring, again, by forcing things.
2. the post-Paul Suns will fall short because Booker will be paid and treated like Batman, even though he is Robin. We won't be able to afford a real Batman.
Chris raised Devin's bb IQ, but not far enough)

and, btw, i did not "want to trade Booker for Lillard" - i said Lillard was the better player at that time but Booker was more valuable. I said Booker's mental mistakes would cost us dearly, and they did. And i'm delighted to have only lost 2 games, but i dared mention what others often have, that Monty's weakness is his limited game adjustments -- oops.

and, btw, i like Booker, a lot. And Monty more. Ayton and the rest too. And i defended the Suns after 1 or 2 of the 5 turned their hatred on the whole team at the end of last season!

so, no, i won't be back this time. Frankly, thanks to the 5 henchmen, the thought of posting here again turns my stomach now

sad that the mean-spirited bully's have won again today
-- and perhaps, bizarrely and TRAGICALLY,
they will win tomorrow across this country
:oops: Did l I miss something?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:oops: Did l I miss something?
In short, a poster felt put upon, especially from a group of 5 bullies and has decided to let us know he's totally out. And apparently there is one poster here that he believes supports him off the record but who has understandably stayed quiet to avoid drawing the ire of the dreaded 5. Also, he's put us on notice that a bunch of posters have left the board because of the 5.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Monty is a great changer of culture. He can get new organizational players to follow him
thru' hell. Monty sucks @ x's and 0's and substitution rotations during the many ebbs and
flows of any NBA game. He may cost the Booker Era a Champio0nship.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty is a great changer of culture. He can get new organizational players to follow him
thru' hell. Monty sucks @ x's and 0's and substitution rotations during the many ebbs and
flows of any NBA game. He may cost the Booker Era a Champio0nship.

It’s clear he’s lost this team.

I think he is the perfect coach for a young bad team trying to change the culture but that’s not us anymore

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s clear he’s lost this team.

I think he is the perfect coach for a young bad team trying to change the culture but that’s not us anymore

In fairness to Monty, the Suns have lost a lot of players that have not been replaced. However, I think the Xs and 0s part of the game is a weakness.

Also, Monty tends to be a less dominant personality and seems to get attached to certain players to a fault.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Monty has a lot of work to do if he wants this team (or future teams) to be legit contenders:

1) He has to get better at adjustments. Far too often, he looks completely predictable out there. Whether it be his obsession with jumpshots at the end of games or it's overloading Book, it's a problem. I'll never forget how Monty completely owned Dallas in the last playoffs and then Jason Kidd made like one or two slight adjustments on defense and completely confused

2) He cannot rush players back from injury. Playing Book on Christmas probably cost us 5 games. Maybe this and the aforementioned shows that he's a tad anxious?

3) He has to improve on his rotations. I like Ish, but more often than not, he's just wasting a spot on the roster. Maybe this gets better once KD and Ayton are healthy and Monty can stagger the big 4 in with the bench, but he has to know that the other team is licking its chops when the bench is on the floor. I also prefer Biyombo over Landale even though Biz's offense game is extremely limited

4) He has to figure out WTF to do with Ayton. The fact that Monty is inconsistent with how he utilizes Ayton on offense is mind numbing. When Monty finally got him and CP3 on the P&R a la Amare and Nash, it was a thing of beauty. The defense collaped to the rim freeing up our shooters and Ayton was playing like a man possessed. Once he reverted Ayton back to the de facto Clint Capella role, he became a passive thought on offense. I get Ayton has his mental things he needs to work through (I recently found out that the team has a sports psychologist that works with the team *wink* *wink*), but Monty holds most of the responsibility to get the most out of him. Ayton has been bugging Monty for a bigger role on this team for a couple years, even going as far as to ask for a trade if it doesnt happen. Throw him a bone. In the offseason, have him work on plays on the perimeter and creating his own shot (he hasn't taken a three in months, and isnt even in a position to do so). And get someone not named Mark Bryant to help him. If not, trade him elsewhere to get bench help and/or replenish the draft picks lost from the KD deal.

5) Enough with the mea culpas at the end of game press conferences. It's the same ******* thing every game. "That was my fault," "I should've given DA more touches," "I should've utilized the bench more." We get it, but does he? He's played and worked under way too many great coaches to be this ignorant.

6) Toughen this team up. They're way too finesse. The lack of fouls and trips to the line are embarrassing, and the more Monty complains about it, the more frustrated I get. He needs to show film of guys like Harden, Giannis, and Luka about how they're able to generate enough contact to draw ticky tack fouls. It's not that hard.

I love Monty. He's an outstanding leader of men and someone I'd love to work for. But he's at a point in which he needs to show that he understand the X's and O's of the game, because when you're getting outcoached by the Wife Beater, you're in deep trouble.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Monty has a lot of work to do if he wants this team (or future teams) to be legit contenders:

1) He has to get better at adjustments. Far too often, he looks completely predictable out there. Whether it be his obsession with jumpshots at the end of games or it's overloading Book, it's a problem. I'll never forget how Monty completely owned Dallas in the last playoffs and then Jason Kidd made like one or two slight adjustments on defense and completely confused

2) He cannot rush players back from injury. Playing Book on Christmas probably cost us 5 games. Maybe this and the aforementioned shows that he's a tad anxious?

3) He has to improve on his rotations. I like Ish, but more often than not, he's just wasting a spot on the roster. Maybe this gets better once KD and Ayton are healthy and Monty can stagger the big 4 in with the bench, but he has to know that the other team is licking its chops when the bench is on the floor. I also prefer Biyombo over Landale even though Biz's offense game is extremely limited

4) He has to figure out WTF to do with Ayton. The fact that Monty is inconsistent with how he utilizes Ayton on offense is mind numbing. When Monty finally got him and CP3 on the P&R a la Amare and Nash, it was a thing of beauty. The defense collaped to the rim freeing up our shooters and Ayton was playing like a man possessed. Once he reverted Ayton back to the de facto Clint Capella role, he became a passive thought on offense. I get Ayton has his mental things he needs to work through (I recently found out that the team has a sports psychologist that works with the team *wink* *wink*), but Monty holds most of the responsibility to get the most out of him. Ayton has been bugging Monty for a bigger role on this team for a couple years, even going as far as to ask for a trade if it doesnt happen. Throw him a bone. In the offseason, have him work on plays on the perimeter and creating his own shot (he hasn't taken a three in months, and isnt even in a position to do so). And get someone not named Mark Bryant to help him. If not, trade him elsewhere to get bench help and/or replenish the draft picks lost from the KD deal.

5) Enough with the mea culpas at the end of game press conferences. It's the same ******* thing every game. "That was my fault," "I should've given DA more touches," "I should've utilized the bench more." We get it, but does he? He's played and worked under way too many great coaches to be this ignorant.

6) Toughen this team up. They're way too finesse. The lack of fouls and trips to the line are embarrassing, and the more Monty complains about it, the more frustrated I get. He needs to show film of guys like Harden, Giannis, and Luka about how they're able to generate enough contact to draw ticky tack fouls. It's not that hard.

I love Monty. He's an outstanding leader of men and someone I'd love to work for. But he's at a point in which he needs to show that he understand the X's and O's of the game, because when you're getting outcoached by the Wife Beater, you're in deep trouble.
I agree with most everything you said. A lot of it, I have been saying myself for a long time.

At the end of the day, my gripes about Monty all boil down to one thing - he is stubborn to a fault in how he coaches. Same basic complaint I always had about D'Antoni - the "my way or the highway" approach to coaching without any ability ot capacity to adapt.

It would be nice to believe he might change and adapt/improve someday, but I don't know. It's starting to seem like that may not be in the cards.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fact is very few fan bases have 110% confidence and their coach and i think were at 80-90% with monty which is way better than most..

You mention Jkidd like hes an elite coach, Mavs way underwhelmed this whole year…

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fact is very few fan bases have 110% confidence and their coach and i think were at 80-90% with monty which is way better than most..

You mention Jkidd like hes an elite coach, Mavs way underwhelmed this whole year…
I don’t think kidd is elite, but he certainly figured out Monty’s offense and Monty has yet to truly find the cracks in kidds defense. Every defense is exploitable. You just have to find the right combinations of players, movement and passing progressions. Monty hasn’t figured it out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Mavs beat the lakers in the same manner they beat us. 5 out and iso, swing ball for tall shooters.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Kidd isn’t an elite coach, which is what makes this even more alarming

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think kidd is elite, but he certainly figured out Monty’s offense and Monty has yet to truly find the cracks in kidds defense. Every defense is exploitable. You just have to find the right combinations of players, movement and passing progressions. Monty hasn’t figured it out.
Monty is predictable and waits way to long to make changes. Monty's adjustments are like watching the Titanic turn.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose