Pull plug on Kliff

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s time the dysfunction with play calling and getting it in in a timely manner has come due - thats coaching

Fire him tomorrow
Yep. There is clear dysfunction between him and Kyler in the most critical time of games. That can't be overlooked. I mean.. Kliff has been on record all but admitting he's not really a head coach but more an offensive coordinator. Kyler, so far, isn't the dispensable end of the equation IMO. Kliff is. Something has to change. If the next man up as head coach comes in and Kyler still isn't getting it with fresh eyes...then by all means we have a Kyler Murray problem. But, this goes back to everything else we discuss here. Can we really leave it to Keim and MB to find the guy who will bring out and utilize all the strengths in Kyler and this offense? 64 bajillion dollar question.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep. There is clear dysfunction between him and Kyler in the most critical time of games. That can't be overlooked. I mean.. Kliff has been on record all but admitting he's not really a head coach but more an offensive coordinator. Kyler, so far, isn't the dispensable end of the equation IMO. Kliff is. Something has to change. If the next man up as head coach comes in and Kyler still isn't getting it with fresh eyes...then by all means we have a Kyler Murray problem. But, this goes back to everything else we discuss here. Can we really leave it to Keim and MB to find the guy who will bring out and utilize all the strengths in Kyler and this offense? 64 bajillion dollar question.
Honest Question, who is the real head coach for Cardinals right now?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honest Question, who is the real head coach for Cardinals right now?
No idea.

Who do you feel it is? I don't think Kliff has that edge to him that is needed. More like the cool buddy buddy coach that doesn't really get the respect from his guys other than just being another "dude". Like Andy Reid. Has that tough dad complex to him. People fear and respect him at the same time. Kliff doesn't have that. I think our only saving grace at this point would be a Sean Payton style head coach. Someone who has a great offensive mind, but also is rough around the edges with respect based on his track record. This franchise can't consistently find young talent...we know this. So stick to what you do well. Find the older guys (players and coaches) that have had success in this league.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As I see it , the problem will be who do you replace Kk with, what quality coach out there is going to wanna walk into this ****show
Really wouldn’t be hard replace, any retread not named Jason Garret or Adam Gase would work better

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here’s a question: if Kliffy were let go, who would be a worse hire?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Since we are stuck with Kliff Kingsbury for a while. Why not do what a company would do. Example, many companies having problems will bring in an outside company that’s unbiased to go over the weaknesses. Then not only point them out but suggest solutions to their problems.

I personally would love to hire Kurt Warner and Peyton Manning to Tudor Kyler Murray. Same goes for Kliff.