Warriors @ Suns Tuesday game thread 10-25-2022

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i thought it was a rare game where we did actually get the better calls from the refs. But i did spot two hard fouls on Suns players away from the ball that didn't get called after the dust-up in the 3rd.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
before the opener, i said because of the way last season ended, we should know what the Suns are made of after the first couple of games. They'd either show resolve or still look depressed. Certainly the 1st half of the Mavs game was scary. But the results are in. They've still got it!

actually, these last 2 games they looked even better than last year's team. It's no small feat to control the 2 deepest, highest rated teams in the league.

of course, we don't know how consistent they can be, but it sure is encouraging to see what they're capable of

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you haven’t been watching this season. Morant has been a beast on both ends.

And sorry, Giannis is the most unstoppable offensive force in the league, even without shooting threes. And for whatever talk of Booker being a better passer, Giannis has averaged more assists per game this season, as well as the last two seasons. And as much as Booker has improved on D, he’s not one of the best defenders of all time. Giannis is.

I can agree on that Giannis is an amazing player too. I haven't seen teh Grizzlies this year so I haven't seen Ja's defense

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow there are soooo many salty GSW fans. It's almost like they have more fans then they should?
Seems like if your real favorite team sucks this year you jump on the turnip truck and become a GSW fan.
We need a 2nd team in Tucson so I can do the same. Must be so very freeing to route for whoever is good at the time.
Where have all the clueless, halfwit Lakers fans gone, all the sudden they seem very hard to find?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ton of sour Warriors fans on social media today, anything of making fun of Book or saying the refs changed the game. If anything, some more bs fouls on Ayton, Curry getting superstar treatment on both ends; allowed to grab/hold/body check, gets calls for falling over; Cam gets no respect; Green doing Green things.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ton of sour Warriors fans on social media today, anything of making fun of Book or saying the refs changed the game. If anything, some more bs fouls on Ayton, Curry getting superstar treatment on both ends; allowed to grab/hold/body check, gets calls for falling over; Cam gets no respect; Green doing Green things.
Give me a break. You can't act like officiating is the reason you lost when you lose by 30.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book has changed mentally. He is wearing the superstar suit now and he feels very comfortable in it. It is amazing how that guy finds a way to improve every year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see it live but was watching highlights and noticed it kind of funny. after the whole Klay and Book exchange and Klay gets run. Booker is shooting FT's and there's Jordan Poole behind him talking to him presumably trying to get under his skin.

Dude they literally just tossed Klay and you think it's smart to try and psyche out Booker shooting the FT's over it?

Poole has lots of talent but he still has some maturing to do, after that whole thing the last thing they needed was him trying to talk crap to Booker.

From the box it looks like Wiseman and Moody played ok, I saw all of Kuminga's minutes it's the same point I made awhile ago, of the 3 he appears to have taken the least step up this year he's shooting too many 3's and has to get better at defense and rebounding. the last chance they had was down 12 he missed a spinning 3 footer, overshot it, then the Suns took off and ran away. Still talented and still only 19 but they need him to take that next step

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he plays like this throughout the season, that may be the case.

The Suns may have been looking at Brandon Clarke's extension, which was for about 4 years/ $52 million.

I thought the 4 year/ $72 million number mentioned in the media for Cam Johnson was fair.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is why you dont alienate Jae Crowder. Cam's a bench player and that's totally fine, but if he continues to play like a pedestrian, that 72 mil wont be there anymore for him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
As for Ayton, he's much more assertive these days, but he has to limit those fouls. If he continues to play like this, the refs will eventually reward him, but for the time being, he has to be careful.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jock is better than McGee. It’s a fact.
He has quicker feet. He can defend out to the 3point line and he can defend pf's. I have been impressed. He looks like a real player all over the court. Baynes looked like a bruiser with a quirky 3 point shot. Jock looks more like well, I am not sure.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has quicker feet. He can defend out to the 3point line and he can defend pf's. I have been impressed. He looks like a real player all over the court. Baynes looked like a bruiser with a quirky 3 point shot. Jock looks more like well, I am not sure.

The nice thing is he has McGee's toughness too.

Ayton's PER right now is 16.4 and Jock's is 18.3.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There must have been 10-11 techs doled out tonight…suprised only 1 ejection.

Seem like Klay was saying something like, “Enjoy your fourth game of the regular season championship” on his way out.

Klay got ejected tonight because he's under pressure to perform and he hasn't..it all bubbled over.
No. It was a comment about having four rings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jock Landale plays like he belongs, with no fear. I really like his attitude.

He has worked hard on his game to improve and he has that Aussie toughness.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jock Landale plays like he belongs, with no fear. I really like his attitude.

He has worked hard on his game to improve and he has that Aussie toughness.
He looks to me like he can play pf or c. I am really impressed with his mobility. Seems move as well as Crowder. Am I wrong?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jock can also keep blocks inbounds, instead of swatting it out of bounds

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looks to me like he can play pf or c. I am really impressed with his mobility. Seems move as well as Crowder. Am I wrong?

I hesitate to compare Crowder to Landale, but Jock can do more things than Crowder. He can play inside and out and is quite mobile for a man his size. Also, Monty has a lot of confidence in him, which is huge this early in the season.

A potential problem I see playing Landale at power forward is that it weakens the depth at center and creates a potential position conflict between Ayton and Landale. Ayton has always fancied himself to be a power forward, but I think Jock is better equipped to play the position.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hesitate to compare Crowder to Landale, but Jock can do more things than Crowder. He can play inside and out and is quite mobile for a man his size. Also, Monty has a lot of confidence in him, which is huge this early in the season.

A potential problem I see playing Landale at power forward is that it weakens the depth at center and creates a potential position conflict between Ayton and Landale. Ayton has always fancied himself to be a power forward, but I think Jock is better equipped to play the position.

Crowder is so overvalued as a Sun. Cam is, but he's struggling right now, i expect him to come around. Jock is more versatile indeed.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Another positive: We survived a chippy game without crowder. I know people were saying here that we will need his ability to mess with other teams. For the most part the suns held there cool and didn’t need him to harass the other team.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose