OT: I can walk again

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I know this doesn't belong here, but amidst the negative talk, a huge positive: I got approved to walk today, three months to the day after breaking my pelvis. I have a pain management injection for my non-broken side coming up in two weeks, which is something that existed before the break, but I'm able to walk completely, and was able to walk up my stairs with no assistance.

I do have some physical therapy incoming, but I'm in really good shape down there for how intense of an injury it was, and how short-term it's been. Thanks to all of you who shared well-wishes in multiple threads down the line.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this doesn't belong here, but amidst the negative talk, a huge positive: I got approved to walk today, three months to the day after breaking my pelvis. I have a pain management injection for my non-broken side coming up in two weeks, which is something that existed before the break, but I'm able to walk completely, and was able to walk up my stairs with no assistance.

I do have some physical therapy incoming, but I'm in really good shape down there for how intense of an injury it was, and how short-term it's been. Thanks to all of you who shared well-wishes in multiple threads down the line.

Great memories of the UK forever!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atta boy Solar. Hang in there!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Congratulations. Mobility is the key to living a long life

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Great news! Prepare to put in the hard work and it will pay dividends! Even on dark days, you are making progress. Just like learning to walk, we took a step or two forward and fell but got back up again. It is a grind but you'll be better for it and I hope you can remind yourself of that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose