Locker room talk, after the Eagles game. 10/9/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You needn’t be a student of the game to know a basic rule of quarterback play when . . . you’ve been a quarterback for likely 15 years of your life.
Either way, it’s an indictment of him as a player.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I thought he could get the first running outside and stopping the clock.
i think there is no question he could have -- and even if he hadnt, he would have been in (theoretical, as it turned out) FG range with the clock stopped.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think there is no question he could have -- and even if he hadnt, he would have been in (theoretical, as it turned out) FG range with the clock stopped.

yeah... just watched that again. there is no doubt he could have gotten outside for more yardage and out of bounds.

which again calls into question just how "transcendent" he really is. that's terrible field vision to not only cut that inside where there actually were defenders able to come up and make a play in a couple yards, but again, a lack of football IQ knowing that to get out of bounds with the yardage was the right play to make there.

and before anyone says "well, things are moving a million miles per hour! he's not perfect Cheese!" - if you're gonna call that kid special in any way, he needs to make a play there... that isn't even all that special. Get to the outside, get to the first down and get out of bounds. it was there for the taking. instead he made all the wrong decisions.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... just watched that again. there is no doubt he could have gotten outside for more yardage and out of bounds.

which again calls into question just how "transcendent" he really is. that's terrible field vision to not only cut that inside where there actually were defenders able to come up and make a play in a couple yards, but again, a lack of football IQ knowing that to get out of bounds with the yardage was the right play to make there.

and before anyone says "well, things are moving a million miles per hour! he's not perfect Cheese!" - if you're gonna call that kid special in any way, he needs to make a play there... that isn't even all that special. Get to the outside, get to the first down and get out of bounds. it was there for the taking. instead he made all the wrong decisions.

Transcendent

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how Kyler, with little time left and no timeouts, took his team down the field into very 'makeable' FG position? Also, does anyone know what is the make or miss percentage in the NFL, this year for kicks of about 42 yards?
We don’t need to know what every other kicker’s percentage is because we didn’t have the league average’s kicker. We had one SPECIFIC FG kicker. And his % from that range last year and this year was…

20%!!!!!

And our leaders, our coach AND QB have to know that and get every yard they can to set the team up for success, rather than stupidly wasting the amount of time and plays that they did.

And to be honest, taking a team to a 43 yard FG when you have 1:45 on the clock and you’re starting at the 25 yard line isn’t some incredible task. That should be expected when you act, talk and demand a contract paying you like you’re one of the best in the game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am amazed always watching NFL games. Everyone I played ball with knew wether to get out of bounds or stay in bounds at the end of games. We all knew you dive FORWARD to the markers. How can current NFL players NOT know these basics? What do they teach in junior football?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
but again, a lack of football IQ knowing that to get out of bounds with the yardage was the right play to make there.
Kyler, with little time left and no timeouts, took his team down the field into very 'makeable' FG position?
And his % from that range last year and this year was…

20%!!!!!

my take: ALL of these things are true.

Kyler did his job in a "C" kinda way --

Kyler also displayed a troubling lack of situational awareness -- and its been a recurring pattern. In that situation, out of bounds is more important than first down.

the last part is Keim -- im stunned a GM would handicap his coach and team that way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my take: ALL of these things are true.

Kyler did his job in a "C" kinda way --

Kyler also displayed a troubling lack of situational awareness -- and its been a recurring pattern. In that situation, out of bounds is more important than first down.

the last part is Keim -- im stunned a GM would handicap his coach and team that way.
Keim has done it at the K position consistently for years. Remember how long we held on to was it… Zane Gonzalez a couple years ago… when he kept missing game winning or tying FGs?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Keim has done it at the K position consistently for years. Remember how long we held on to was it… Zane Gonzalez a couple years ago… when he kept missing game winning or tying FGs?
Before that it was Catanzano.

The Cards inconsistent (at best) kicking woes are due to the curse of Al Del Greco.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose