Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame Thread. 10/2/22-10/8/22

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
torn quad for Wesley? good grief -- what kinda drinks are they serving in the WR room
Since he was dealing with a hip/groin issues, it's not all that surprising since it's all connected. He probably came back a tad too soon.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Form and record aside there are so many matchup issues I don't like about this game.

We are always bad against mobile QB's. Hurts is guaranteed 60+ yards.

Our pass rush by committee is going to struggle vs their O line. Mailata out helps but still.

We can't cover TE's or the middle of the field. Goedert and Watkins are going to eat. Although having Mullen and Hamilton helps.

And on the other side our Offense has already been ugly enough without losing Hudson, Garcia and possibly Pugh. 290lb Harlow at C is going to get eaten alive by Hargrave and Davis. I don't like Reddicks speed against Beachum and our best chance in the passing game is Ertz, Moore and Dortch through the middle (especially with Maddox out) which hasn't been an area Kyler has been consistently good in. Batted balls are going to be an issue.

So overall I don't have much hope for this one! We have the talent to win, but just too many player/coaches doing a poor job.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unsurprisingly, you missed the point. It's about Kurt's poise and Kyler's lack of the same.
Definitely needs a lot of poise just throwing it up to arguably the greatest hands a WR has ever had & one the greatest overall.

I understood your point the first time. Doesn’t mean it was a good one.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We have a feast or famine offense, meaning it is never consistent. Then one gets the feeling when they start a game that even though they prepared plays, it is almost like the plays were done independently of the opponents' tendencies. I guess one can call it Kliff and Kyler making game time adjustments later on, but it seems they are adjusting more to the opponent in real time than any tape prior to the game... hence, by the fourth quarter the offense comes alive

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, the killer today will likely be another sluggish start as that will precipitate a game of chasing the 10-14 points hole in which the Cards will find themselves. In addition, it will mean more stupid “let’s forego the sure FG for a horrible, unimaginative play call” nonsense from Kliffy.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Such a great watch.

See, Kyler? Do it like that.
what you see is Kurt letting a play develop a bit and hitting the open guy

Kyler was doing that in the second half vs Carolina -- and while its fair to say "it was Carolina", their pass D (and D in general) is quite good

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
what you see is Kurt letting a play develop a bit and hitting the open guy

Kyler was doing that in the second half vs Carolina -- and while its fair to say "it was Carolina", their pass D (and D in general) is quite good
Look at his numbers so far this season. One half doesn't get it done, especially when he threw a pick 6 in the 1st half.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Definitely needs a lot of poise just throwing it up to arguably the greatest hands a WR has ever had & one the greatest overall.

I understood your point the first time. Doesn’t mean it was a good one.
LOL Kurt Warner the QB: "Just throwing it up." Great job punking yourself.

You can make good points, sometimes. Then you can lame it up and look really bad doing so. You're seriously arguing Kyler COULDN'T use more poise like Warner had, because receivers.

Thanks for the Sunday morning laugh. I needed that :thumbup:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
For a team with a number one draft pick QB, several early round picks and numerous former Pro Bowl players, I thought last week was one of the worst efforts I’ve seen by a Cardinal team with that much talent. Several people posted earlier other poor results (forget pre-cap games -1994). Most of those teams frankly has less apparent talent. This team (I predicted 9-8) squanders more talent than any in recent memory. They don’t know how to develop talent. They don’t know how to game plan. They sleep walk through most of the game, continulally showing up not ready to play. Yes, they squeezed out a victory against perhaps the league’s worst team. It was a pitiful effort. This week they play a real team and I’m afraid it will be brutal. I‘m okay with criticism, but this is a horribly underachieving team that deserves to be called out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL Kurt Warner the QB: "Just throwing it up." Great job punking yourself.
You’re so focused on getting the last word that your reading comprehension can be so bad at times. Sheesh. You have to get better at this. Real Brit-esque.

You're seriously arguing Kyler COULDN'T use more poise like Warner had, because receivers.
You’re being completely oblivious if his “poise” wasn’t helped by having a Larry Fitz. I wonder why he didn’t have it between that time period throwing the ball to Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce & Larry Fitzgerald/Boldin.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Unsurprisingly, you missed the point. It's about Kurt's poise and Kyler's lack of the same.

Warner is a saint for almost getting us the ring. Love him.

But let's not pretend that that there wasn't "good Kurt" and "bad Kurt", and that he led "the worst playoff team in history" into the 2008/2009 post season. He was streaky.

And his offensive line, while not great, was a better overall unit than what Murray has played with so far. Kurt's WR corp was better too. A million times better than what we'll field today vs. the Eagles.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Warner is a saint for almost getting us the ring. Love him.

But let's not pretend that that there wasn't "good Kurt" and "bad Kurt", and that he led "the worst playoff team in history" into the 2008/2009 post season. He was streaky.

And his offensive line, while not great, was a better overall unit than what Murray has played with so far. Kurt's WR corp was better too. A million times better than what we'll field today vs. the Eagles.
I don't really agree with that. Warner took a lot of hits that year, and Murray probably runs himself into trouble more than he avoids the rush.

Cardinals are currently 8th in pass block win rate and 3rd in run block win rate. Probably averages out close to a top 5 OL right now.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't really agree with that. Warner took a lot of hits that year, and Murray probably runs himself into trouble more than he avoids the rush.

Cardinals are currently 8th in pass block win rate and 3rd in run block win rate. Probably averages out close to a top 5 OL right now.

A less mobile QB would have this year been sacked far more times than has Murray for 2022. And what are we averaging per carry this year Krang? Is it anywhere near 4.0? I'm not saying our line is a disaster, but come on man. What do your eyes tell you when you watch that unit?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A less mobile QB would have this year been sacked far more times than has Murray for 2022.
Pass block win rate is judged by holding blocks long enough. The Cardinals line is doing its job.
And what are we averaging per carry this year Krang? Is it anywhere near 4.0?
When you have James Conner carrying the rock constantly, he's going to deflate your yards per carry.
I'm not saying our line is a disaster, but come on man. What do your eyes tell you when you watch that unit?
A more efficient QB who gets the ball out quicker and a running back with more burst would fix any of these issues.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose