Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So apparently he had a well documented history of saying and doing racist and sexist things, but the NBA somehow determined that he wasn't really "feeling" racist and sexist when he did them?

Okay... whatever.
Yep. Just joking around in a boorish manner. No big deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is all the stuff that was totally corroborated by multiple sources. Does anyone actually think that someone who is this… well THIS… only acted in this way a handful of times?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I feel like this isn't over yet. Just a gut feeling.

Doesn't the board have the moral responsibility to remove him from his post? I mean, he's talking as if he'll be back in a year and it will be business as usual. Not a good look.

The problem here is that if the board has known about this for almost 20 years, they're as gutless as the NBA, maybe more so. And if the NBA won't force Sarver out, then absolutely NOTHING is going to happen. And that's the worse case scenario.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Also, I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but in other reporting on the NBA decision, it has been stated that Sarver gets to choose who will be acting in his stead as head of the team during his one year suspension.

So I am guessing what, his wife or one of his kids? His personal attorney? One of his old frat brothers? The fact is, he will still be running the team through whatever surrogate he gets to choose. And my guess is that "staying away" from team functions will just mean he has to sit up in one of the luxury suites at the game instead of down near the court.

I really hope the NBA gets crapped all over by the media for this weak ass stuff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doesn't the board have the moral responsibility to remove him from his post? I mean, he's talking as if he'll be back in a year and it will be business as usual. Not a good look.

The problem here is that if the board has known about this for almost 20 years, they're as gutless as the NBA, maybe more so. And if the NBA won't force Sarver out, then absolutely NOTHING is going to happen. And that's the worse case scenario.
Bingo. And that’s the crux of the issue. This board isn’t going to do Jack except sit back, hope the suns get off to a hot start and sweep this under the rug.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Additionally, the human resources department was found to have poor record-keeping and at times broke confidentiality with employees.

F this team and the NBA if they don’t get rid of this piece of trash. I ain’t paying for the ticket this year. I know it doesn’t matter, but I don’t want to give my money to an organization that is relatively fine with all this.

I made the decision last year to cancel the companies season tickets and personally to not attend a game until this was cleared up. I do not regret that decision

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m certain this is going on between players, teams etc as we speak.

A lot of the players had the chance to step forward and speak when the NBA investigation started.

To my knowledge, most players have been silent about the matter.

I believe the same with the players union.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A lot of the players had the chance to step forward and speak when the NBA investigation started.

To my knowledge, most players have been silent about the matter.

I believe the same with the players union.

True, but I think there was thought that the NBA would do the right thing. And now here we are. I suppose we will see in the coming days.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but I think there was thought that the NBA would do the right thing. And now here we are. I suppose we will see in the coming days.

It only takes one player or someone in the NBA community who commands respect to start a landslide.

A women's rights group could do it too.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Also, members of the board tried to buy him out and couldn't do it. They could vote him out, but I suspect there's not enough interest from all board members to get its done. Sarver gets a one year paid vacation, gets a tax write off ($10 mill). I suspect taking the class is the one thing that will piss Sarver off.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw it. I hope this team sucks this year. I hope advertisers pull money out of the franchise. I hope that statement and sticking their thumbs up their asses devalues the team to the point they have to sell.

I am so freaking done with this era of zero accountability. This franchise embarassed itself on the court in the playoffs last year, but that atrocity is nothing compared to how they have acted for over a decade and apparently will continue to act off it. That message spits in the face of every single person that piece of trash Sarver vocally and physically sexually harassed or dropped some racism on.. “unintentionally.”

Last edited:

Raindog

Reaction score
Weird how Sarver's conduct all those years didn't actually "reflect his values." Maybe the NBA really needs to investigate whomever was coercing Sarver to conduct himself in such a way that didn't reflect his own "values."

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
At this point, I just want Sarver gone. I hope this helps make it happen. I just hope the next owner is a decent human being.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, I just want Sarver gone. I hope this helps make it happen. I just hope the next owner is a decent human being.
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that we all want him gone. And what's worse, is that the only way it's likely to happen is if the players and/or interested parties drag us through the mud. We'll be blasted in the news regularly until the Suns board says they've had enough or Robert finally takes the hint on his own. It will be a miserable time to be a Suns fan till he's gone but at least there will be a rainbow when it happens.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There goes the partners holding him accountable.

100% **** this team.

all hope (IMO) is on Chris Paul or Book saying, eff that. I’m not playing for this band of fuckwads.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A concern I expressed earlier, since the partnership cooperated with the NBA investigation, they may be comfortable with the course of action taken by the NBA. I was hoping this decision had not already been made.

However, it appears, from the above statement, this could be the case even though they look to have enough justification to remove Sarver from his ownership position.

Raindog

Reaction score
Something that also shouldn't be lost in all of this is that anyone else in the NBA who committed even a quarter of the stuff Sarver did... whether it was a front office guy, coach, player, trainer, or janitor... would have been steamrolled out of the league double pronto (and deservedly so) once it came to light.

ANYBODY ELSE... except rich guy owner, of course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison