Jalen Thompson extended

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Pasch said two people he talked to recently were saying he's surpassed Budda. That's becoming a less and less controversial opinion.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Pasch said two people he talked to recently were saying he's surpassed Budda. That's becoming a less and less controversial opinion.
Pasch is an elite PBP guy but takes his opinions and sources with a grain of salt. Smart deal for the Cards here nonetheless.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh, only if it's extremely team friendly. I'd like to see him do more before giving him serious money.
I don’t get what people see in Allen.

is it just because he is a draft pick that doesn’t completely suck? To me he is easily replaceable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pro Bowl next year for sure. I've come to the conclusion half of it is name recognition and where you sit in the salary table.

Half the NFL fans seeing this and thinking "Oh he must be good".

Imagine what this backfield could be if Wilson, Murphy and Mullen fulfil their potential.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much of the $17 million this year was used. The cap number could be lower than the $13 million too depending on how its structured.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He is a little different type of player, but I would give Zach Allen a Sebastian Joseph-Day 3yr 24 mil dollar deal in a second.

Allen makes a ton of sense as a guy who has played through injuries and would trade some upside for security and a signing bonus. He's a 3rd round pick and didn't really get life-changing money. If he tears another ligament in the first half of the season, he probably never will.

Both Thompson and Allen are opportunities to sign contracts the player is likely to outplay.

is it just because he is a draft pick that doesn’t completely suck? To me he is easily replaceable.

Well, we needed multiple defensive linemen this offseason and couldn't find anyone who was better than him. The argument is probably that he's a B- DL when healthy and you can find those guys, but they're usually a little more pricey and you have to deal with the open market.

Pro Bowl next year for sure. I've come to the conclusion half of it is name recognition and where you sit in the salary table.

Half the NFL fans seeing this and thinking "Oh he must be good".

Imagine what this backfield could be if Wilson, Murphy and Mullen fulfil their potential.
He's got to compete with Budda at the same position, though. Also, if this defense sucks or is good in DVOA but bad in standard stats or collapses again down the stretch that's a tough argument to make.

Thompson has been better than his draft status and he caught the attention of lots of Cards fans last year. But he wasn't doing anything to be nationally recognized. He'll have to take a major step forward, which I hope he does.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

4 sacks. 10 QB knockdowns. 18 pressures. On 70% of snaps from as a 3-4 DE.

6 sacks. 5 QB knockdowns. 16 pressures. On 59% of snaps from as a 4-3 DT.

The top player is Zach Allen, 25, and the second is Quinnen Williams also 25.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 sacks. 10 QB knockdowns. 18 pressures. On 70% of snaps from as a 3-4 DE.

6 sacks. 5 QB knockdowns. 16 pressures. On 59% of snaps from as a 4-3 DT.

The top player is Zach Allen, 25, and the second is Quinnen Williams also 25.
That's crazy! Good stats!

How do they compare against the run?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Like K9 said. Signing Allen now gives you the chance for him to outperform his deal. We are in the same situation as we were with Markus Golden the first time. Give them guy a deal a little early that isn't tough to get out of if he doesn't and is a steal if he smashes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn